Viva Pharmaceutical Inc.

Viva Pharmaceutical Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada21 reviews
The company has more than 100 employees, a neutral size pharmaceutical company.There are lots of parking Spaces around the company.Production capsules, health products, soft capsules.
For the past 4 years working with Viva, I've been given with opportunities to grow within the organization. I began as a sales assistant/coordinator when I first started and am now helping to supervise the whole sales team.
What truly makes Viva a great company to work in as it's a fun and collaborative workplace yet some individuals may find it challenging as it my role requires me to interface across many different parts of the organization each day, while I see this as for improving my skills on coordination, organization, and multitasking. A fantastic sales department with a lot of great personalities and wonderfully driven sales reps whose motivation can be inspirational.

I feel extremely lucky to have been given the opportunity by Viva to turn this into a career.
Pros
The company is filled with amazing talents, and people whom are passionate about work The office vibe (especially in sales) is fun, open, inclusive and relaxed at times
Cons
Fast paced environment which requires you to be flexible and adaptive. If you like fast paced nature, I'd definitely see this as a pro.
Working for this company was pleasant. Great people, great supervisors and great team to work. Coworkers were so professional and easy to work with and supervisors were very supportive.
As a fresh graduate I think you’ll be able to learn quite a lot from this company. Regardless of the pay, it is worth the new experience to improve your resume. Every company has its pros and cons, so there really isn’t any faults to blame here. Since it’s more Chinese cultured, some people may not be used to that kind of environment. Looking at it on the positive side, it’s a place you can still gain knowledge from.
While working at Viva Pharmaceutical I had a positive experience, learning the process of working on a production line and ensuring a quality product is something I will carry with me for the rest of my career. The company provide the SOPs for the training purpose.
Overall Good place to work, good coworkers, easy going and flexible. I really enjoy working in here, the working environment is stable and challenging. Viva Pharmaceutical gives a lot of opportunities to the employee. I have enriched my experience working with this company.
Viva Pharmaceutical allowed me to understand a side of employment hunting that I had not experienced in the past. The company provides a lot of opportunities for fresh graduates and all employees, it is a great place for you to grow and develop. A typical day at work would include: Job Posting, Interview and Screen candidates to see if they meet the requirements of the job, and also hiring the candidates. I learned how to ask the right questions and how to hire the right candidate. The workplace is definitely enjoyable and my colleagues were extremely helpful to me.
I'm not surprised they are hiring I guess the pervious janitor is getting fired lol I seen a lot of crazy things happen here people stabing people's back people getting fired for the stupidest reasons I would compare this place to North Korea
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Official response from Viva Pharmaceutical Inc.
15 June 2020
Thanks for sharing your feedback. We apologize that your experience didn’t match your expectations. We are so sorry that you choose to leave our company. Wishing you good luck for a bright and prosperous future.
Please feel free reach out to hr@vivapharm.com with any further comments, concerns, or suggestions you wish to share. We would love to make things right.
When I did the background check on the company before accepting the offer, I thought everyone was exaggerating, but I was wrong. First of all, if you do not speak Mandarin, do not apply. Despite the fact this is Canada, 80% of the employee do not have functional English, including senior management and the owner. Practice is shady, ingredients are not declared properly and production were done in unlicensed area. The owner still run the plant like it was Taiwan in the 60's, a totalitarian with little regards of employees morale or safety. It is sad to see business like this can strive in Canada this day in age.
As a lot reviews said so, you don’t want working there, the management not valve people, as a family owned, they just do what they wanted. Some expired labels even changed!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Viva Pharmaceutical Inc.?
-never come to this place.
-no respect for people.

-not enough training.

-bad management

you feel no value on this company, it is a family-owned company, and do many things not legal ....

you will feel no positive attitude, and become negative.
This company is terrible in every way. If you can avoid it, stay away.
You will be asked to break the law daily and you can be fired on a whim. All the managers are part of the family and they treat everyone else like dirt.
Pros
Nice Cooworkers
Cons
Do not work here, ever. People are mistreated, laws are broken, and raw materials that are used to make products are BAD. Corrupt company with only money in mind
Cons
My friend referred me to join Viva, I definitely can't say it is good, but it good enough fro fresh grads because you learn a lot from taking many responsibilities and tasks.
its a good place to start if you are newly graduated. however, would not recommend long term employment here because the morale among other aspect are not good.
Pros
a place to gain experience
Cons
low employee morale, low salaries
All employees are well educated and as such are consummate professionals. Work is fast paced but salary and benefits are good.
There is always interesting work to do and clients to deal with.

However Viva Management does not value employees at all and therefore there is an extremely high turnover rate!
It was very challenging work there. Family business, no job security, No management, No Job culture. The turn over is very high.
This company is a family business with no management whatsoever. Work overload with low pay. Turnover rate is extremely high. Do not go to this company.
A family run business. Asian culture. Very good starting job for fresh grads. A good training ground to improve one's EQ.
Pros
Friendly staffs
Cons
Asian job culture
fast paced lab
I have learned HPLC, GC, GCMS etc

my co workers are easy to work with

the hardest part of the job is developing new methods

the most enjoyable part of the job is good working enviroment
A fast growing company, people are friendly, I learned a lot in Viva. The management of Viva needs more improvement. this is also the hardest part of the job.