Viterra

Viterra Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Great place to work just have to be willing to work treated fairly great incentive package easy to get along with everyone everyone helps out
Good job, but a little understaffed and the work/life balance can be thrown off by constantly being on call. More suited towards maintenance of existing equipment than new build or installation work.
it was a good place to work. wish I would have never left. I developed good working skills. learned to grade wheat and different products canola red spring wheat lentils peas amber durum.
If you are someone how thrives in production within an union environment Viterra can provide the opportunity you are looking for.

Your primary functions will be to oversee operations and manage staff, but Viterra is always trying to better their installations, be it a port terminal or small country op.

You will be able to oversee multiple system upgrades and work in conjunction with many experienced experts on a local, regional and national level upon approval of most submissions
I spent 40 + years working in the grain industry, most of it with Viterra, it is what you make of it, lots of room to advance, you just have to show the desire, and willingness, avoid all workplace drama, stay positive, it will be a good place to work and you will have a successful career.
They were so slow and I was so bored. Many times I could go for hours with a task. Boring, no advancement opportunity, boss micromanages and is disrespectful
good place to work great benefits. excellent pay structure nice environment , corp structure is great . I have really enjoyed my time here so far . I would recommend
Highly enjoyed the people and the position.
Supportive of travel.

Great management who strove for exceptional work.

Culture involved close group of friends that were welcoming to new-comers. Easy assimilation.
Pros
bonus plan
Cons
instability
Hard to work for unorganized and don’t know where to put you , to many staff on shift, not enough chiefs that know what your doing all time , especially the marketing manger telling you what to do and he’s not your boss . And don’t do the proper training they say it takes a week and half and the assistant manger comes in and pushes you to get done faster . And don’t get breaks when loading rail cars . And they say you get a hot meal when loading cars you don’t , and I worked with a guy that was there for 16 years and still was a facility assistant and hasn’t gone for training for grading grain , and they tell you that you can move up the ladder went in turn is a bunch of bs .
I worked at Viterra for a year and a half, we worked 13.3 hour days, if it was a car loading day it could be longer. I liked the job, really sucked when they went through layoffs. Also, it was not uncommon to be understaffed during carloading, which meant twice as much work for the people on top of cars.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
No job security
Ambiance de travail employés-employeurs pas très bon

Santé et sécurité aux risques et périls de l'employé

Communication laissant à désirer

Zéro respect de l'employeur envers les employés
I've enjoyed working at Viterra. If an Internal position be came available prior to my end date I would apply and stay on.

As a company that answers to shareholders, it's a bit unsettling that any position is open to elimination at any time. It is also unfortunate that seniority rather than achievement is used as the benchmark to lay off employees.
No nonsense work environment which comes with being a contractor. It is a challenging work environment which requires good time management and knowledge.
Enjoyed working here. I worked in a small rural location. It was fairly boring at some of the times, and I had a lot of free time. Which worked well as I had young kids and needed to work shorter days to work with their school schedule, and that was wonderful
Pros
Short work days
Cons
not very busy
Working in a large terminal elevator is dangerous hard work. As I aged I realized it was not for me. I was forced to leave it with a heavy heart. This is a job that is for younger fit people.
Pros
Good wages, excellent benefits
Cons
Long hours working at height and in all kinds of weather
In the 9yrs I worked there had no really slow days or layoffs.Advancement was slow but easy to move up, the hrs were very reasonable mangement was good organized,easy co workers to get a long with.
Pros
4 days on 3 days off
Cons
can get alittle noise and dusty (mustard flour everywhere)
Company offers great benefits and my manager is great! Busy environment to work in. Meet very nice customers and build relationships with them. They offer good training.
Pros
hour long lunch breaks
Cons
weekend loads or holiday train loading
constantly missing parts or tools to do jobs in a timely manner. very dusty work environment. Management was very disorganised which created a frustrating environment to work in.
Pros
paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
management was very disorganised, lack of tools to do job properly and
I would have liked better advancement opportunities. This company was bought out by a very large corporation. when that happened the work environment changed. Instead of being a great place to work and help people it became a focus on the dollar company. This was due to the philosophy of the new company. I love to help people and find this company very restricting in terms of caring for their clients.
Pros
Stable environment
Cons
Limited advancement
Early starts during seeding time. Long days and short nights. This provided a feeling of accomplishment when you provided a product and/or service to our clients.
Unfortunately this cut short when company was sold.

Co-workers were generally great, but the facility needed replacing and in was just worn out.
Pros
Staff and clients
Cons
Worn out facility
Early mornings and late days. working outside is always beneficial
Coworkers were awesome

Free lunches courtesy of employer

traveled to various job sites