Vitasave.ca

Vitasave.ca Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
The job itself is easy and not hard. But management from head office is not that great. Don't work here unless you want your boss to come in and fire you for no reason. Working here made me feel like I was back in high school; with favouritism and nonstop gossip.
After working for vitasave for just a few short months it became quite clear what the company's values really were. The management was incompetent when it came to the pandemic response, there were no health and safety regulations, no gloves, masks, social distancing, or hand sanitizer. I felt very unsafe and unheard when none of my concerns to HR or management were addressed. I was told not to speak about my concerns at work, they claimed it would 'upset and stress the other employees out'. Obviously they cared for them but not for me. Even when the CEO's came to visit from Vancouver in the middle of the worst of the pandemic and other employees shared their concerns, they were ignored. There was no 14 day quarantine period. They flew in and the next day showed up. They all did as they please with no regard for the health and safety of their employees. If you plan on applying here be careful! Stay Safe!
Pros
easy interview, hired quickly
Cons
toxic workplace, no safety regulations
The workplace environment is toxic and much like high school. Also the workplace itself is never kept clean, especially considering the amount of workers we have.
Management makes you afraid of them and are unfriendly
Cons
They make workers to write good reviews
My experience working with Vitasave was excellent! Learnt a lot about warehouse work. Care of employees are taken and if you're hardworking they have lots of growth opportunities.
Management is always there for you and staff is helpful and nice

They have great benefits, pay and hours
This is literally the best job I have ever had in years, it’s very fast paced but at the same time you can take it easy, it’s a very fun workplace, everyone is friendly, management is amazing these girls are the best managers I’ve ever had. 10/10 recommend working here BEST JOB EVER!!
Pros
Good pay, great management
Great Management. They treat you like family. Job is not as hard as other places and every time you do something good the manager makes sure you get recognized in a way that you'll be more engaged in working and boosts you confidence.
Management is very lazy and unexperienced. Would give zero stars for management if I could. Will push employees to
work harder while they do nothing. Have given warnings to employees for using the bathroom. Absolutely no onboarding training or health and safety given. Extremely unsafe working conditions. Toxic workplace. Don’t waste your time.
my time at vitasave was, in a word, regretful. Employees are treated like garbage and you are only privileged to information if you are a manager or friends with the manager. The atmosphere is stressful and after a long, hard day at work you are still told that your work wasn’t good enough and that upper management still expects more. Full of politics (must be friends with management to get any kind of respect). Overall a bad company run by evil people DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
Every aspect was a con
Manager had no formal training and was not capable of dealing with the current pandemic. Makes up rules, gives certain employee's passes while goes out of their way to get other employees in trouble.

Just don't bother
Do not work here. They have favortism and it feels like high school all over again. Everyone is young here including the managers as they are inexperienced. Most importantly there is no growth here and they do notnor is there
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Pay is little, do not value their workers
Extremely poor management of the store employees, irrational and inconsiderate founders, high expectations for little pay, no training, and an unprofessional environment.

My immediate manager in charge of purchasing was wonderful, but had little power or influence as the founders were extremely controlling and value their employees close to nothing.
I love everything about my job, I started here as a Warehouse Associate, within 7 months I was promoted to Head of Shipping and now, 10 months after that, I am the Warehouse Manager! Hard work pays off - if you love fast-paced work, fun and friendly people, working with a close-knit team and setting personal goals and work goals - this company will help you achieve them. Vitasave is passionate about keeping both customers and employees satisfied and although like any job, we've had tough times that can be stressful, but they don't take away from the overall job satisfaction!

I interviewed each employee at my warehouse and had them rate work satisfaction, communication within the warehouse & comfort level on a scale from 1-10. The average response was 9 for all categories! I also asked them to list their favourite parts about working here and every single one of them said the same things: staff, atmosphere, company values/outlook and hours!
Pros
staff, atmosphere, company values/outlook and hours
Vitasave is a great company to work for that values their employees and provides a great work culture. There is room to grow within the company but you must take initiative and show a willingness to learn in order to get there. The people working at the company are all like-minded which makes coming to work very enjoyable. Management is very open to feedback and makes changes to implement new strategies to ensure overall happiness at the company.
Vitasave is a fun working environment with task orientated individuals who challenge each other to achieve greatness. There is opportunity for internal growth and development. Overall, it is a great company to work for.
Vitasave was an incredibly fun workplace, management is young but is full of ideas and works hard to create a positive atmosphere. The company recently did a restructure which helped a lot with creating a better work/life balance as well as consistency with management. Lots of opportunities for growth as they almost always promote internally. Management creates connections with all staff and seems to genuinely care about individual growth and development.

Customer service was a lot of fun, you had the chance to create strong relationships with clients. You're taking calls/responding to emails so its pretty easy work.

If you're outgoing and social you'll love it there as everyone at the company is super fun and easygoing and they place a huge emphasis on interpersonal relationships. The office is very laid back, no formal dress code and staff all get along great.
Pros
opportunity for growth, laid back environment, great benefits, strong relationships
Pros:
- Friendly culture

- There is room for career growth in the company

Cons:

- Very poor management style

- Managers and owners do not care about the employees well-being

- Lot of firings

- Poor communication

- very disorganized
The work environment is more laid back and relaxed and everyone is pretty young which makes it a comfortable place to work. The daily tasks are:

responding to voicemails, answering calls , writing emails, respond to live chats, process refunds, communicate with coworkers through messaging site, track orders, place orders online for customers

However, the customer service reps. don't receive any training for the position (based on my experience) your expected to just 'catch on' to things- which everyone does at a different pace- better to just train! The warehouse is understaffed and mismanaged which is the cause of MANY of the issues we have to resolve with customers- without enough training on how to do so.
Pros
relaxed, comfortable work setting
Cons
not enough training, bad service to customers, warehouse mismanagement
the company definitely has a lot of growing to do. Management was constantly ordering products we didn't need, the work load wasn't divided fairly they made a lot of new hires work alone. I saw that in their ads they say you get personal training (you don't). A personal experience of mine I remember getting in trouble from the one girl who worked there for something I didn't do, basically told me cause I was new it was obviously me, then the manager said it was actually her fault an she laughed it off like it was funny. However the actual job itself wasn't too bad, was fairly easy! The atmosphere isn't awful either!! So overall if you can handle the disrespectful behaviour its worth it to stay for some warehouse experience to add too your resume!
Pros
Good enviorment/Easy job
Cons
People, management, work load
Refuse to pay employees more, poor communication, high turnover as a result.

'Very Junior' Operations from owners / management. Inexperience leading to poor internal morale and stability.
Cons
Disc on Products
Great work environment, good management and growth opportunities