VitalAire Employee Reviews

Management heavy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON23 March 2018
This company is very management heavy and doesn't know the jobs or responsibilities of the front end staff who are the ones implementing policy and dealing with the public.
Pros
Great Peers
Saftey 1st, unless it takes too long
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 March 2018
The word safety is thrown around a lot. However, if you have a full route, and get 5 more patients you still need to complete the route in the same amount of time. Management turns a blind eye to cutting corners, but will throw you under the bus if something goes wrong.

There is tremendous pay inequity. I was paid over $5.00 an hour more than a female college who performed the same job.
Pros
Free coffee
Customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 February 2018
Great place to work. Great coworkers.Helping out clients / placing order and trouble shooting. Great management. A lot of opportunities for additional training.
Heading in the right direction
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 June 2017
Vitalaire the company is great. There are a lot of action plans put in place to increase employee engagement and frequent town hall meetings to keep employees up-to-date. The president is friendly. However, the department I worked in was not so great. The hardest part of the job is the amount of work. A lot of the staff members are not trained properly. Office politics is rampant and extremely distracting. Hard work does not equate advancements. It is extremely difficult to move ahead in this company.

Overall, I would recommend this company as a whole but not the department I worked in.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
No advancements, low-average salary for admin staff
I wish I never had to leave!
Clinical Assistant - Sleep (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB21 April 2017
Reasonable pay. Wonderful supportive management. Clear escalation path. Friendly comfortable environment. Lots of support available wherever it's needed. I only left because I had to move away - otherwise I'd have stayed.
Pros
Supportive management, Friendly colleagues, Enjoyable work
Cons
Heavy work load
Unethical Management team
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
Unfortunately not a good review for the Mississauga Ontario head office team. Very Poor management with very little moral values. Very little support from the HR team to provide support for their employees. HR is supportive for the management team and this does not provide proper engagement for employees that need their support
Cons
Good work environment but a lot of administration tasks
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON13 October 2016
I have only been working for Vital Aire for a couple months. I enjoy the work. The staff is great. My manager is great. A lot of paper work, and the clinical work is very repetitive and lacks of variety but is expected working in home care with non critically ill patients. It is overall a good working environment. Most employees really care about their jobs and patients and are positive. I do see myself continuing with Vital Aire.
Pros
Good hours, great staff at our location, decent pay, great benefits
Cons
A lot of administrative work, pays less than hospital, not the adrenaline clinical experience some look for
Worst company I have worked for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 July 2016
Initially, it seemed like a good company to be at. But over time, you realize that it's far from that. Those who were there on a regular basis, and making sure that the work was done, got stabbed in the back. Those that bullied, frequently absent, and hardly did any work, got a pat on the back from Management.
Pros
Some co-workers were good to work with
Poor Management
Billing Adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga11 April 2015
The whole work environment is under lots of stress.... employees are very unhappy. Two employees are on stress leave. HR is not approachable. lots of favoritism. Managers does not know their jobs. unrealistic goals in billing dept.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Long hours and no nobody apprecaite
Resist work place /
Medical Gas Driver (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada28 January 2015
Worked with two faced co-workers who always challenge you if they see you smarter and hard working minorety individual!! Managments don't care about employers performance . But if you Are the worst performer and not a visible minorety you are the best !! The More you are dumb the more you great because the managment are carless ..
Pros
No one cares
Cons
Long hours / poor managments / inside discrimination

Want to know more about VitalAire?

Ask a question
I enjoyed working with the clients when I got the opportunity
Branch Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Owen Sound, Ontario3 September 2014
When I started my job with Vitalaire, I was told this was an inside customer service position. It was a maternity leave but could lead to more. I unfortunately was placed behind a wall and didn't get to experience the customer service position I was hoping to have. I mostly moved paperwork around and tried to organize the office. I really enjoyed the time I had to spend with the clients and wished there had been more of that. During my employ, there was a major rearranging of management which lead to a lot of dissension with the permanent staff. At the end of my time there, I was offered a position but declined due to the unhappy atmosphere.
Pros
Working with the public
Cons
To much paper shuffling!
hard work does not mean advancement
Accounts Receivable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2014
this could be a good company if management cared about the company but there is so much office politics that management forgets their role....it seems that most mangers want yes men and are only concerned with collecting their pay and don't care to listen to employees who actually do the job and can offer better solutions to make the company more productive "don't rock the boat" it may show that your boss doesn't really know what they are doing
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
poor HR department
best job I have ever had!!
CAO ( clinical assistant for oxygen ) (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC6 June 2014
clean, test , adjust and or repair medical oxygen equipment
liase between the company and various gov. institutions i.e. hospitals, long term care facilities...
I meet people from all walks of life! I get to show them how to improve their quality of life .
Pros
not micro managed, managers open to new ideas, flexible hours
Cons
on call rotation
Productive & Fun Workplace & with great team
Accounts payable Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario20 July 2012
Wonderful place with freindly management and co-operative co-workers.
Pros
great environment
Cons
contract ended