VitalAire Canada

VitalAire Canada Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
Great Co-Workers, Ok Management and Corporate Staff
I enjoyed my time at VitalAire for the most part. My local co-workers were great and we worked as a team well. Some other locations had more turnover and a less cohesive team (guess it depends on the employees hired). There are a lot of rules/regulations and decisions that come from Head Office that don't make sense or are somewhat redundant but need to be followed regardless - that is annoying.
Had great management in Lethbridge. Excused great management who was there 30+ years. Hired two idiots to take his place. Upper management have no respect for smaller stores and their employees. Very rude, demanding, blunt, crude upper management. Turn over of staff is crazy. People leaving due to mental stress. .
Very unprofessional company! Its all about selling products and not about caring for the patient. Almost no orientation.
Very little orientation. Thrown right into the fire so to speak with little orientation. 2 weeks if that. Thrown into St. Catharines store without any support to call upon. I mean nobody in the store except the new lady at the front desk. Although I had voiced my concerns the manager continued to tell me that there was nobody available to come to support me. I was completely in my own in this new company! Then after learning to do it all on my own i was surprised on the friday morning to be let go and walked out the door just like that!!! I would like to warn anybody to not leave their jobs to work for Vital Aire. Its a horrible company to work for and a horrible CPAP company as they care only about the almighty dollar and nothing about their employees or their patients!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not enough hours in the day to do all the work that needs to be done!
Ok work and learned a lot but National unity is missing
Interesting company but management changes ensure stress and overall partnership with other national offices were lacking. Management sometimes seemed inexperienced and that involved stress.
Not worth the stress!
I couldn't give a lower score. This company does business like its 30yrs ago. 20 steps to do what should be done in 1 or 2. Staff is cold and unfriendly, management is no existent. I spent 6 week in the most stressful environment. It was a relief when I left!
Management are not there for best interest of employee
Management are never there to help succeed. They collect a cheque and make your life as stressful as possible.
This is a good job if you have nothing else going.
Good company and good culture
Vitalaire is a professional organization with robust processes and practices. My role is fruitful and evolving for the betterment of the company. I recommend Vitalaire to one and all.
Great and positive work environment.
Great work life balance and a fantastic team.
Overall very supportive group of people.
Pros
Supportive team
Cons
Salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VitalAire Canada?
Terrible Work Environment!
I notice that MANY people have the same complaint with this company; Management plays favourites. The second you voice your opinion or concerns or even struggles .. your out the door with no explanation. I spent 3 months at this company and never in my life have I been more stressed out while being trained. The person training me was constantly breathing down my neck and was told to NEVER hesitate to ask questions. Yet when I did ask questions my trainer was very noticeably annoyed and irritated and then would act all friendly to me when in front of the manager.
Management clearly had their favourites and when I was asked to be brutally honest... It was only to give them more fuel to criticize me. Also, they will constantly tell you when your first learning the ropes, " don't worry , everything is fixable." But if you do make a mistake, you get repremanded.

Don't work here. It's a waste of time, energy and not worth the stress. Way too many office politics.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Very poor managed, stressful training, not enough patience.
Don't do it!
One of the most toxic poisonous work environments I ever worked in. Management had their favorites and liked to micro manage the rest while letting their favorites do what they want. Management had a vague idea at best what employees did day in and day out as a job. Short staffed and people doing the work of 2 people on a daily basis. Zero opportunity for career advancement and zero interest in coaching and one on one meetings. Management consisted of people with barely any social skills or experience in the field. Constant absenteeism but nothing done about it. Close minded when employees offered solutions for the better of the team/company. This company lacks any common sense or direction. Lack of respect for its clients and employees!

Would NOT work here again and would NOT recommend anyone to apply here. There are thousands of other places worth your time/effort.
Pros
3 weeks vacation
Cons
Favoritism
Worst Managed company 2018
The worst run company to ever work for. You get hired over the phone by someone in HR down east (never get a real interview), then you are hired onto a company that doesn’t care about your life outside of work. Horrible-long hours, awful vacation (2 weeks after slaving for over 40 hours a week, for 52 weeks straight.), terrible supervisor/ manager balance. Your direct supervisor “runs” the office far too chill (let’s people get away with being late or taking mondays off all the time), and has obvious “favorites”, and was a downright pleasure to work for...
But your manager runs it so strictly, that when you find out that someone may be getting fired, bring it up to your supervisor, who then tells your manager and fired you. (For no good reason). Oh, and doesn’t have any actual business degrees I may add.

The hours are terrible, because you are expected to work overtime. And go on call once a month with little training for emergencies. I was a driver I never should have been on call anyways.

Plus you work with a laughable amount of co-workers (6) and are expected to do the job of 2 people anywhere else. All while making far less than your adverceries.

In conclusion, this company will go under with the current management. Please fix this, or your company will go under.

If I had some advice for this company, I would say to put your employees before your corporate greed, and realize when you constantly fire people for no reason, your team morale will stay low.
Pros
Up to $15 lunch expense when out of town. Freedom when in your van, away from people in the office.
Cons
Low wage, long hours, laughable management, garbage HR
Poor management
Employees are told to voice concerns but once voiced, are reprimanded or fired.

Management does not listen to front line workers so referrals are lost.

Co workers are overall amazing.
Pros
Co workers are fun.
Cons
Management doesn't support employees.
Great company and values
Good company with room for improvement. The focus is on healthcare and it shows, so thumbs up!

Employees are dedicated and very nice to work with. This company offers good work-life balance and salary, and there's definitely an opportunity to advance but you have to pave your own paths. Management is lacklustre, but a few are inspiring and can freshen up the org.
Pros
Colleagues, public reputation
Cons
It's not just about the money!!!!!!!!!!
Terrible work / home balance, management didn't care as long as goals are met and $$$$$$$$$'s are coming in. Good salary, and lots of room for advancements
Pros
good money
Cons
terrible work / home balance
Head office is leading the rest of the company into dismay
Overall the company appears to make initiatives and have all the theories to improve the organization and it’s employees but that always falls flat. Despite countless meeting and false initiatives.
Management do not know how to implement their ideas- they are too concerned with office politics and who gets to be the teachers pet. Staff in my department are not adequately trained - they hire staff with the same aggressive attitudes as they have who either have poor communication skills, social skills or common sense and could care less to properly train anyone because the management team instill their employees with the passion to climb the ladder by throwing everyone else off.So long as they can push some buttons and follow orders is all that matters. Gossip seems to be more important than the progression of staff and the company. Threats are often used as initiatives to do more work- even though the staff are over worked because targets can’t be met due to the increasingly high turn over rate and overall poor results from the company.

All in all poorly organized work place that will not get anywhere unless the current supervisory staff are stripped and rehired.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Low income, high turn over rate, no opportunities to move up, toxic
Tough to advance
Work hard, do well, but you may not advance very far. Tend to pigeon-hole employees and you get stuck in a dead end job. Nice enough people, decent product line.
Small branch local staff great to work with, direct supervisor was great.
Vital Aire has a work good culture but lacks the flexibility to act in micro economic was unable to adapt to local conditions. Unwilling to pay competitive market rates in Northern communities staff change over high in the professional category, due to this factor.

Super people to work with and clients were mostly great.
Pros
Good culture and possibility of advancement if willing to move
Cons
Unable to pay local market rates for salaries
Productive work place
As a driver your typical day is to load the vehicle and deliver/fill oxygen & other gases and medical equipment. Driver have to go same places every week.
Its a good place to work. Safety is given a very high priority here.

Coworkers and other staff is good & cooprative.
Pros
Good wages, good work & life balance.
Cons
Heavy lifting, rotational on-call schedule
bon
Bon avantage sociaux, manque de temps pour accomplir les taches demandé,
Pros
Bon avantage sociaux
Cons
manque de temps pour accomplir les taches demandé
repetitive, labor intensive work
Typical day at work started with inspecting oxygen tanks, checking for annual dates and condition of tanks. Venting any excess oxygen out of tank. Roughly 2 people on team would inspect 1300 tanks a day. And then loading and unloading oxygen tanks from a racking system when the tanks were filled.

Unloading delivery trucks into warehouse, sending material out.

This same process continued roughly 15 times every shift. So we were basically running a repetitive system over and over with little to no variability. Plenty of paperwork to fill out as you are under the eye of health Canada, so you must dot every "I" and cross every "T" on your paperwork or there are consequences.

You are working in a small team environment with roughly 5 other people. And when one person is on vacation your daily quota is the same as when all 5 people were there. And if someone is on vacation and someone else is sick your daily quota is the same as if all 5 people were there because your providing healthcare products that must be delivered.

Your probably lifting 1000's of pounds of material every shift and doing allot of repetitive lifting. So if your physically strong and like repetitive tasks and can handle working with the same people in the same location every day then go for it.

Another difficult part of the job was when someone else quits you could/ will be expected to cover for that person and do most of their work for months at a time, until they hire a replacement. Consistent year round work due to medical needs provided good job security.

Good luck getting a raise,
 - more...
Never any direction from Management
This company is very management heavy and doesn't have a clue about the employees' tasks and responsibilities on a day to day basis. There is no formal training for the position once you get the job, safety is the number one priority but no one trains you on safety. It's sink or swim kind of mentality but don't mess up because you'll be out before you know it. Managers are hired but have no idea how to manage.
Pros
There are good ppl working there but no proper work ethic
Cons
No proper work ethic
Ask a question about working or interviewing at VitalAire Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8