VITA HEALTH FRESH MARKET Employee Reviews

revolving door and unethical company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 May 2019
Vita Health claims to care about “long term relationships” but this could not be further from the truth.
They treat employees as if they are disposable. They would rather hire new employees constantly then invest in their current employees.
There is also only one person doing the payroll who is also considered HR which is ridiculous considering they can’t even do payroll correctly half the time, nevermind being able to deal properly with employee issues.
For such a large company with 6 stores and over 300 employees, you’d think they would have a proper HR system in place.
They also used our vacation days for days that they chose to be closed, which is completely wrong and I’m sure they could get into a lot of trouble for doing so. On top of that, they constantly change our hours, delete shifts with a days notice and ignore availability.
They also play favorites with older employees who are completely unqualified for the positions they are given like management and “shift supervisors”.
There are great staff who work here, don’t get me wrong, and this could be an amazing company, however they really seem to not care about anything except for money and make it very obvious.
The mental and physical health of their staff doesn’t seem to matter to them and it’s quite disappointing for a health food store to conduct business this way.
Pros
free food/supplements/discounts
Cons
horrible management/expect too much for minimum wage
Great culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB15 April 2019
Some people have posted negative reviews, probably because they were fired. Room for growth, they like to promote from within. Training is detailed and there are manuals on how to do eveyrthing.
Pros
staff discount, benefits for FT, good management team
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB7 January 2019
Horrible company, employees have no say and work isn’t decided evenly. Older staff are rude and bullies, they lie to customers and will write you up for little things. Can’t trust managers because they all talk bad about staff and each other. They are horrible at training, if you want to know anything you have to do it yourself. One of the worst jobs I’ve ever had.
Pros
Free food, discount
Cons
Staff, management, pay, training
Incredible staff, managment, community and products.
Backroom co-ordinator / Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 April 2018
I've worked here for over a year, the staff I work with are amazing, and make walking through those doors every morning a blessing and new adventure. The customer basis is incredible, they are diverse and driven people who wish to improve their lives through healthy foods and lifestyles. The company owner is a great guy who truly cares about his company, he brings a professional yet open mindset to the life within the walls of his locations. I have learned more than I ever expected while working here, everything from chickens, to herbal medicine, all the way back to sustainable agriculture. Vitahealth hosts multiple Dinner trainings a month to ensure that the staff all have equal opportunity to advance their product knowledge and overall health. My two bosses are both remarkable human beings, and bring a positive vibe to every task that presents itself. They are always open to new ideas and ensure a perfect balance of synergy and productivity through a relaxed flowing environment. We provide avid knowledge of supplements, organic foods, environmentally friendly products, health restricted foods, and much more based around improving health.
Pros
Free-Paid Dinner trainings, opportunity for knowledge, Relaxed work enviorment, Clean, Steady Hours, Employee Discount
Cons
40 hour work week cap