VISTEK LTD Employee Reviews

Productive and Welcoming Workplace
Video Sales (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 March 2018
Pleasant workplace environment with a supportive management team. Vistek is a great place to build your customer service skills and sales techniques. The customers were great, the workload was fine, and the hours were balanced. I really enjoyed my time working for Vistek.
Great employer!
Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON16 January 2018
I really enjoyed working here, as I felt it was a community type feel in the workplace. Everyone was quite close, even meeting up outside work time. I was challenged with several changes happening in the industry, but I learned a lot about time management and sales techniques. Excellent experience overall.
Good but not for long term careers.
Customer Service Representative/Rentals/Sales (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 August 2017
Vistek like any job has its ups and downs, unfortunately the location I was at had a lot of staff coming and going so there was always someone to replace and train. Staff is not properly trained, expect to learn on the job making errors as you go. Expect to vent about problems in store to managers and have head office ignore you and your managers. CEO does need to give all stores the same treatment, trying to overcome different obstacles that all locations have to ensure each store is successful- not just Toronto.

Expect to work all departments of the store, not just the area you were initially hired to work in. Under staffed locations especially. Do not receive a Saturday off unless requested well in advance.

Trying to get stock in can be a challenge, unfortunately this is due to the manufacturer/shipping from who knows where. In the end the staff suffers from complaints from customers. Staff gets in trouble for 'not communicating' to customers, however staff only has what our brand reps tell us.

Vistek can prosper as a company but the CEO needs to bring in the right kind of people to aid all locations. Ensure that stores aren't under staffed. Show your staff you appreciate them more than once a year for super late christmas parties, listen to complaints and ideas. Promote and give raises to encourage your staff to stay and work harder.
Pros
Good staff atmosphere, staff discount
Cons
No wage advancement, Ideas for progression not heard by head office
Video and Photo Industry leader
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2014
This work place is based off the buisness to buisness aspect of sales in the digital market. In a day I would deal with many levels or responsibilities which range from sales to repairs, client services to retention. One thing I feel is management needs direction from higher up, It stems from the top but the workplace is great. The people there are amazing to work with but lack focus due to lack of direction given.

The hardest part of the job is working with little direction when needed, especially when in Client Retention...
Pros
Saturday Lunches
Cons
Longer hours...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VISTEK LTD. Our community is ready to answer.