Vistaprint Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 April 2018
The management are fat headed trolls who listen to gossip, favor nepotism, and spy on innocent hard working people just to make trouble in their lives. Management needs to be revamped and only then will vistaprint be a nice place to work.
Cons
Too much watercooler talk, cheapens atmosphere
Very clean place to work. Windsor plant has a cafeteria so you can buy food if you forgot or just don't feel like cooking
SENIOR DIGITAL PRESS OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 March 2018
Not a bad place to work at all I have no complaints. I work at the Windsor plant and you will always have complainers at any job but I believe it's fair pay and great benefits.
Reliable Work
Temporary Team Member - Production (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON18 January 2018
A typical day at work includes your Shift Rotation Days-Afternoons. Arrive at Vistaprint early, wait for bell that indicated shift is in 5 mins, punch in, second bell goes off indicating start of shift. Employee's are given 2 breaks and one lunch, during shift. Depending on different areas in building, different tasks will be performed. Management is very resourceful and respectful and willingness to assist you when you need help. Workplace culture mirrors the manners the management portrays; helpful and respectful. The hardest part of the job is the swing shift, but you grow a custom, the most enjoyable part of the job is the other employee's you work with daily.
Pros
Clean Environment
great people and very good benefits
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON17 January 2018
Working for Vistaprint has been a very good experience. The staff and workers adhere to a very strict acceptance/no harassment policy: making it a very enjoyable job. The pay is fair and benefits are amazing. I am constantly learning new things and get encouraged by management often. It is very physical but accommodations are made to help a worker ergonomically
Pros
gain share
Cons
traveling there
Very clean environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 January 2018
Nice and clean environment.
Good for people who like changing shifts
Lunches and brakes are been covered and that is a plus.
Stuff members are very helpful toward new employees.
General Labourer- Seasonal
General Labourer - Seasonal Temporary Employee (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 December 2017
Vistaprint was definitely an interesting place to work at. I loved the worked environment and the people I worked with. It wasn't a traditional factor. Its clean and quiet. The downfall is working for a temp agency. Nobody knew what was going on at all. Its like pulling teeth to get the correct information out of everyone. They also would hide things like you work 44 hours before getting paid time and half for overtime which there wasn't much overtime nor was there much work at all. This leads to having a shift called off every week. I would get my 40 hours cut short and not get paid over time on my Saturday.
Not a bad place
Tpt general labourer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 October 2017
Its a clean faclilty imwith alot of friendly people, i was only there for part time but it was an overall good time. The work was more or less mind boring but it wasnt too hard or fast pace
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 June 2017
I really enjoyed my time with Vistaprint on the midnight shift. The work was physically demanding but rewarding. There was exceptional teamwork, the production coordinators and supervisors were friendly and helpful.My coworkers were fun and great to work with and several have become good friends. The factory is huge but clean, the atmosphere is welcoming and the pay and bonuses are more than fair. There was quite a bit of overtime, but the pay makes it worth it. Highly recommend this job for anyone starting on.
Pros
Great work culture and pay
Cons
Very physically demanding.
Awesome Place to Work!
Health & Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 May 2017
They are extremely oriented in life, work, and culture; making it feel comfortable for all people who are part of the team. The values are fantastic and they have a very safe and healthy workspace!
Pros
Safe
Great Place to Work
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 April 2017
The Vistaprint plant in Windsor is indeed a great place to work however the engineering and operations positions are quite demanding and can prove challenging when it comes to work and life balance. Although not an automotive plant, the vast majority of the management group comes from that environment and they bring with them the same management philosophies and styles.
Pros
fast pace, very dynamic, competitive pay
Cons
work life balance
Nice clean factory environment
Material Handler and Binning (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON28 March 2017
Had two stints at Vistaprint - The first was as a material handler and I thoroughly enjoyed the role. Got a great physical workout for 8 hours a day and lost weight :-)

The second stint was as a "Binner" The shift always went quick but you are moving non-stop and don't even have the opportunity take a drink from your water bottle due to the expectations of 440 scans per hour.

Too many glitches with the scanning gun and wasted scans because of missing items in the bins.

For the wage, certainly is not worth it in binning and they evidently need you to be a robot or a speed demon.

Nice clean environment but management does a poor job in monitoring to improve performance. All they look as is the number of scans . . . .
Pros
Close to home
Pretty much the best factory in the city!
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON16 December 2016
Excellent, clean, fast paced environment. Big emphasis on safety.

If you're a half way decent worker, you will make it. Temp period is rough, 1 year+ to get hired @13.50 per hour. Once hired, however, excellent benefits, lots of paid time off, TONS of opportunity for internal advancement! Great wages once hired!

Management is good for the most part.

The worst part is that the screening process to get in isn't very stringent and a number of underwhelming individuals slip through the cracks. Since most jobs have a teamwork aspect associated with them, you have to directly deal with said individuals and sometimes it can be very frustrating. Most of the people are nice, but I wouldn't hire some of them to shovel my driveway.

Overall, fantastic place to work, if you actually like to work.
Pros
Cons
Lots of rules
Cut throat
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON2 November 2016
A company that leads you to believe they are for the people, but over work you, and have little understanding to the needs of people outside the work force.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
a lot of hours with zero appreciation.
Stay away
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, ON25 May 2016
Management likes to pick on certain people. playing favourites constantly. One person does something that will get another person written-up. They care about money. Not their customers ( they willingly send out bad product) and certainly not their employees. Very target oriented. Given a few hours to hit unrealistic targets if not your fired. If you make it past that cause your a friend or attractive. You will be constantly harassed.
Pros
Cons
Too long to mention
Productive and fun workplace.
Packer (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 February 2016
A typical day at work is I would come and sign in, Then go and scan and pack items into bins that I would later take to shippers.
Pros
Free coffee
good place to work for
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 January 2016
good place to work for but poor managment, great salary. people are friendly but lots of gossip. i would not work for this comapny again
Easy repetitive work, sorting and packing
Binning/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Belle River, ON27 May 2015
sorted items into bins that are all numbered, more of a tedious job then a difficult one, also shipped items to people across the globe
I enjoyed my Place of Employment, would love to go back
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Tecumseh, Ontario9 January 2015
A typical day at Vistaprint.

Started with us checking the board to see which department we were placed in to start with. From there we went to our departments and we worked till our next break. We would be switched around from different departments so the work would not get boring or tedious.

Co Workers were amazing people to work with, I really felt I was a contributing member to the company.

I was successful in all departments that I worked in. So I did not feel that the work was stressful

The most enjoyable part of the job was being around a positive work environment. Being Treated with Respect, Dignity, and feeling like I was a contributing member to the Team
Pros
Paid Lunches, Convenient Hours
Cons
10 minute Breaks
growing company
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON16 October 2012
Schedule interviews and complete written correspondence to candidates;
Maintain general office documentation, policies and procedures;
Responsible for company access badges, distribution, issues and upkeep;
Liaison between temporary agencies;
Update and maintain temporary staff listing, absenteeism, hours, performance reviews and on-call listing;
Responsible for creating new hire announcements and ordering business cards;
Ensure all new hire packages are ready and available prior to employee start date
Responsible for meeting and greeting all visitors and colleagues from other offices in a hospitable manner;
Answer all incoming calls that have been directed to the front office;
Arrange and ensure that all necessary travel and transportation arrangements have been made for all incoming visitors and hourly staff leaving on business trips;
Responsible for assisting with the organization of all social and internal events ;
Work closely with all relevant peers/departments when booking luncheons;
Responsible for ordering all lower office supplies and ensuring that the inventory levels are maintained to allow the office to run efficiently;
Receive/Sort/Distribute incoming mail;
Assist HR department with administrative tasks;
Responsible for ensuring the bi-weekly 5S audits are completed and action items are follow-up;
can't see it as job sacurity, looking for new one
Machine operator (Current Employee) –  Winddsor, On4 March 2012
-management will do anything to not bring worker union in,
(gave us letter how good we have here beacuse we have free uniforms, water fountains and overpriced cafeteria with uncooked fast food meals)
-half the managment is from automotive where they failed before and only have their positions beacuse they all almost come from one place
-management with no experience in the industry
-organization does not care about customers complaints
-maintenance, machine operators, supervisors, quality dep. not experienced in print indistry or does not care in improvement
-constant policy changes aka No policy in the workplace
-everyone is blaming eachother when issues arise instead of working togehter
global corporation with hundreds of milions gives $25 for christmas bonus and no option for booking day off during that time (busy season) when most of us meet with faily memebrs we did not see for long time
-no rotating shifts, even after whole place is asking for it for last 4 years
-lots of workers fired after they pass 5years seniority (gain 3rd week of vacation)
Cons
too many for small space