VISTACARE COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

confusing stay away
Linesman (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2018
the turn around is high. contact head office maybe you get a response if your lucky. hr never responds to questions. no sense of direction. bad habit of getting your walking papers by getting a letter but no good reason given but because its during your probation period, they don't have to. if you try to find out why they get mad and give a bs reason. makes no sense. don't pay people fairly. my buddy was making 3 bucks more an hour than me and we did the same job.
Rapidly Growing!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 July 2018
this company has grown to 4 times its size in the past 3 years and there are many opportunities within the company for career growth. hard work is rewarded and it is exciting being a part of a company growing at such a fast pace.

Great benefits and very down to earth people. You definitely get treated like a person and not a number.

Zero tolerance policy for drama and antics - which is a major plus.

this is not a company where you can "punch the clock" - this is a hard working group and everyone is accountable.
Pros
Great place to take your career to the next level - hard work is rewarded!
dysfunctional
Manger (Former Employee) –  Canada6 July 2018
for a company that's been around for more than 5-10 years, they should have the bugs worked out by now. if you email anyone at head office as directed, they rarely, if ever, respond; if you try a different avenue, they get upset. it's just very odd. they project a very chipper and upbeat persona but it falls flat when there's no follow through. you could turn blue in the face trying to get feedback and you still get no sense of direction. it just struck me as a really immature culture.
GREAT Place To Work
Linemen/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada5 July 2018
I recently accepted a new job outside of VistaCare. I have worked for VistaCare in every part of Canada. They took care of me in every possible way i could imagine. They made sure my family was ok when i was on the road, and i had i few issues where i needed to be home and there was no questions asked i was on the next flight. They have that small company feel.

VistaCare wants to be the best they can, which may upset some people in the process. I have been a linemen and in management with VC. They DO NOT put up with games or drama, so if you are that, they do not want you.

I highly recommend VistaCare as a great company and atmosphere.

I left for a local job with my power commission, and i still second guessed myself!!
Pros
Treated like family
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 June 2018
Communications shouldn't be part of their name!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 June 2018
For a company that supposedly specializes in communications, they sorely lack it within their workplace dynamic! They'll tell their employees one way of doing something then turn around and contradict themselves or change their methods without notifying you. They don't back up their employees and engage in underhanded tactics. They are also in a horrible habit of passing the buck; management doesn't like to take responsibility.
Pros
Cons
everything!
Great people and corporate culture
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS25 August 2017
Working with VistaCare gives you a chance to work at a professional company with some of the best people you can find. I always look forward to coming to work rather than consider it a chore. The management works hard to make sure you succeed along with the company, and we'll all sit down to enjoy employee events in good times. Definitely would recommend!
Pros
Great People, Great Culture
Cons
Sometimes it is a while before you see everyone due to travel requirements
A Fun place to work and shoot your career
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS21 June 2017
I have been working at Vistacare for about a year, and the growth has been mind boggling. The teams are tight nit and will cover for you when the need arises, and you also get plenty of time to work on projects. The company is expanding so the administrative department is constantly looking to improve its reach-ability and presence for the employees.
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
Far from the city- but not a big deal if you have a car
Friendly, Growing, Established Company
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia21 June 2017
VistaCare is a rapidly expanding, Nova Scotian based company that offers excellent work/life balance, fair wages, a relaxed and friendly work environment, and many other benefits.

Management is fair, easy to approach and ensures that the job gets done. The company is currently growing, with many job opening and advancement opportunities. It is truly an excellent place to work, with many like minded people.

Would definitely recommend working here. There is a wide variety of jobs for many different skill sets. The environment is very welcoming, you have lots of support and you can make your own path in the company if you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Relaxed work culture, friendly co workers
Growing Company!
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS16 June 2017
VistaCare Communications is a becoming an excellent place to work. Vistacare is a growing company that will continue to keep expanding its workforce.
Vistacare takes care of their employees.
Would highly recommend
Pros
work/life balance, opportunities to learn and grow in your role, good management
Excellent company
Telecommunications Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 June 2017
Great company with great management and employees. Company defiantly takes care of their guys. Pays for everything even up to housing and travel. Definatly recccomend this company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VISTACARE COMMUNICATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

VISTACARE COMMUNICATIONS Reviews by Location