VISTACARE COMMUNICATIONS Employee Reviews

Fast paced place to work. Great atmosphere.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick21 February 2019
I've been with the company for a few years now and figured its now time to give an honest opinion of the company as I see it.
There have been some growing pains over the past few years which is to be expected with a company that has grown as fast as Vistacare has... and there is bound to be mistakes made. Yes, I am part of the rapid expansion that has taken place. I have been more than impressed with the management team and their willingness to give us as much information as possible, the good, the bad and the ugly.
I have never been part of a "team" like this before... everyone helps everyone. There is no drama... back stabbing or someone trying to ahead of the next person. Its a team of people all pulling on the same rope to get this massive machine over the next mountain. It has been a great experience working with this team and I look forward to many years to come.
Pros
Excellent staff, Owners/Management involvement
Cons
Not really a con.... but growing pains
Great Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario8 January 2019
The job had a lot of enjoyable pleasant people employed to ease the experience of demanding contractor days out in the field, the managers were all great and communicated with lower employees in a friendly manner.
Pros
Employment Benefits
Disorganized
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  BC23 October 2018
I worked as a field manager briefly. Took over for a previous manager that was overloaded and overwhelmed. I will say most of the long term folks back east are helpful, friendly, and good at what they do. The company struggled with organization and accuracy; unfortunately that was from top down making it frustrating and near impossible to move forward. As with most companies these days, you're doing the job of two - it doesn't matter what the compensation is, it's never enough.
Pros
no experience required lol
Cons
overworked
Fiber technician (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 September 2018
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS18 August 2018
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
Ok place to work
North (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK5 August 2018
Unorganized needs less micro management .great work atmosphere. Good Middle management. Not enouge employees.
Overall a nice place to work .they treat employees with some respect.
Pros
Good benifets
Cons
Lots
Fun and Collaborative place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 July 2018
VistaCare has made me feel at home since the moment i started! They offer a unique environment that is team based, fast-paced and upbeat.

If the going gets tough you always have a great group of colleagues who are willing to pitch in and put a smile on your face.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Social events and fundraising opportunies, Excellent Benefits Package, Growth
Cons
Smoothing over a few growing pains as the company rapidly expands its operations and work force
Low wage and clicky groups in NB
Lineman (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 July 2018
Be very careful applying for this joke of a company. They not only employ people who have not done a day of linework but, when it comes to you not knowing, it's your fault and not theirs for TRAINING YOU. This place will make you rethink the name "Care" in their name, cause they don't care.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Admin (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NS19 July 2018
Linesman (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 July 2018
Rapidly Growing!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 July 2018
this company has grown to 4 times its size in the past 3 years and there are many opportunities within the company for career growth. hard work is rewarded and it is exciting being a part of a company growing at such a fast pace.

Great benefits and very down to earth people. You definitely get treated like a person and not a number.

Zero tolerance policy for drama and antics - which is a major plus.

this is not a company where you can "punch the clock" - this is a hard working group and everyone is accountable.
Pros
Great place to take your career to the next level - hard work is rewarded!
dysfunctional
Manger (Former Employee) –  Canada6 July 2018
for a company that's been around for more than 5-10 years, they should have the bugs worked out by now. if you email anyone at head office as directed, they rarely, if ever, respond; if you try a different avenue, they get upset. it's just very odd. they project a very chipper and upbeat persona but it falls flat when there's no follow through. you could turn blue in the face trying to get feedback and you still get no sense of direction. it just struck me as a really immature culture.
GREAT Place To Work
Linemen/ Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada5 July 2018
I recently accepted a new job outside of VistaCare. I have worked for VistaCare in every part of Canada. They took care of me in every possible way i could imagine. They made sure my family was ok when i was on the road, and i had i few issues where i needed to be home and there was no questions asked i was on the next flight. They have that small company feel.

VistaCare wants to be the best they can, which may upset some people in the process. I have been a linemen and in management with VC. They DO NOT put up with games or drama, so if you are that, they do not want you.

I highly recommend VistaCare as a great company and atmosphere.

I left for a local job with my power commission, and i still second guessed myself!!
Pros
Treated like family
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 June 2018
Communications shouldn't be part of their name!
Administration (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 June 2018
For a company that supposedly specializes in communications, they sorely lack it within their workplace dynamic! They'll tell their employees one way of doing something then turn around and contradict themselves or change their methods without notifying you. They don't back up their employees and engage in underhanded tactics. They are also in a horrible habit of passing the buck; management doesn't like to take responsibility.
Pros
Cons
everything!
Unorganized
Line Technician/Lineman (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2018
Very unorganized. The people are great, the work load was short and laid people off because of lack of efficiency. The pay is less than what could be achieved at other Telecommunication businesses, but the benefits were fair.
Great people and corporate culture
Finance Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS25 August 2017
Working with VistaCare gives you a chance to work at a professional company with some of the best people you can find. I always look forward to coming to work rather than consider it a chore. The management works hard to make sure you succeed along with the company, and we'll all sit down to enjoy employee events in good times. Definitely would recommend!
Pros
Great People, Great Culture
Cons
Sometimes it is a while before you see everyone due to travel requirements
A Fun place to work and shoot your career
IT Administrator (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NS21 June 2017
I have been working at Vistacare for about a year, and the growth has been mind boggling. The teams are tight nit and will cover for you when the need arises, and you also get plenty of time to work on projects. The company is expanding so the administrative department is constantly looking to improve its reach-ability and presence for the employees.
Pros
Awesome Team
Cons
Far from the city- but not a big deal if you have a car
Friendly, Growing, Established Company
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nova Scotia21 June 2017
VistaCare is a rapidly expanding, Nova Scotian based company that offers excellent work/life balance, fair wages, a relaxed and friendly work environment, and many other benefits.

Management is fair, easy to approach and ensures that the job gets done. The company is currently growing, with many job opening and advancement opportunities. It is truly an excellent place to work, with many like minded people.

Would definitely recommend working here. There is a wide variety of jobs for many different skill sets. The environment is very welcoming, you have lots of support and you can make your own path in the company if you are willing to work for it.
Pros
Relaxed work culture, friendly co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VISTACARE COMMUNICATIONS. Our community is ready to answer.

VISTACARE COMMUNICATIONS Reviews by Location