Vista Radio Ltd

Vista Radio Ltd Employee Reviews

Overworked, underpaid and under appreciated
Host (Former Employee) –  Ontario15 June 2019
During my time with Vista I was asked to bend over backwards just a few too many times for my liking.

You might end up working with a reasonably great team in the office (if you’re not the only person in the building), but when it comes to the on-air portion of this company, you can throw your creativity out the window.

Management is very particular with how their hosts approach the airwaves, and in the time I was with Vista I didn’t feel I could do anything remotely fun, and was forced into trying to get the listeners reactions every time I cracked the mic, even if they never called. Almost 100% of the “listener calls” I played were from other hosts in the company.

Also, when asked why you do something a particular way you’ll be told “it worked for the boss in Vancouver a decade ago, they were number 2 in ratings!” What works in Vancouver doesn’t work in small towns, regardless of it its a rated market or not.
Pros
Family-like environment
Cons
Overworked, underpaid, and forced in a box.
Cottage Country Fun in Ontario
Regional Sales Manager - East (Former Employee) –  Ontario30 April 2018
Vista Radio has great vision for their future, and has some wonderful staff working there. They are a young company in the radio industry, and have a great vision on expanding in Canada.
Communication between management/staff and other departments could be better.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Lack of Communication
Leadership leads
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON18 July 2017
Vista is a solid and thoughtful small broadcast company. The CEO is someone who has created a strong cultural and values focussed group.
It is a pleasure to work with him
Overall
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB14 November 2016
I enjoyed the people that I worked with, however the management were male dominate and male chauvinistic.

Not a good company....would never work with them again.
Wonderful co
General Manager/General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Timmins, Ontario1 June 2015
There is no such thing as typical day in radio. If anything, the most typical thing is it is atypical - each day brings different challenges and opportunities that need to be navigated.

Time management skills were consistently put to the test as the demands on you time were considerable as I was responsible for three locations - two of which were one and two hours away respectively.

Management was fair, encouraging and open to ideas.

My team all worked together to the benefit our listeners and customers. They are the heart and soul of each station and community champions in their communities. Very proud of each and every one.

The hardest part of the role was not being able to be in three places at once given our geographic locations.

The most enjoyable part of the role was interacting with my colleagues in their respective communities knowing we were making a difference.
Pros
Freedom and responsibility
Cons
Nothing comes to mind