Vista Projects Employee Reviews

I hope to retire here
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 December 2018
Vista is a unique in the Engineering industry in Calgary as it is one of the last mid-sized locally owned companies.

I really enjoy the facilities, IT tools, flexible work schedule and compensation program.

As Vista is primarily focused in Oil and Gas workloads have been volatile over the last few years, but I think they have handled the down-times well.
Pros
Facilities, Compensation Structure, IT Tools, Management Transparency, free parking
Cons
Variable workload, demanding clients, lack of public transit
Good company
PROJECT CONTROLS (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2018
Good company to work for. Very nice people, very supportive. I have learned a lot in the years of my employment there. Team building activity every month.
One of the Best
Senior Piping Lead Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 October 2018
Good company to work for. Professional and solid management. Staff is well supported and information flows freely between departments.

Team members for each project are of the best quality and talent.
Pros
good office environment, solid management, nicely stocked kitchens (not required but appreciated)
Cons
Lack of work at present (hope this changes for them)
Doing a lot of things right
Senior Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2017
Versatile EPC company, can adjust execution to suit project quite readily.
Streamlined engineering processes while retaining deliverable quality.
Good communication from management on company direction.
Above average focus on getting the job done on schedule and under budget.
Pros
Good IT, free drinks, bright modern offices
Cons
Not easily accessible on transit, no fitness facility
Well managed company
Software Developer/Project Applications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 August 2016
Vista Projects is a well managed company that has continued to find new ways to grow or remain successful during the downturn in the oil and gas industry.
One of the TOP 50 companies to work for within Canada
Senior Expediter, Sub-Contracts Coordinator. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 July 2016
I have been in the industry a considerable number of years and I can state without any doubt Vista Projects is a Great place to work, Excellent Management and work ethic is VERY PROFESSIONAL.

The team(s) there are a pleasure to work with.

I only left due to a bereavement which required extended leave of absence.

Would go back in a heartbeat. Should the opportunity arise.
Pros
Fantastic atmosphere and team
Cons
None, that comes to mind.
Great company when the market is good
Overall Project Controls Manager/Asset Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 May 2016
Worked there for a long time and when things were good it was one of the best I've worked for. When the market turned it was absolutely terrible.
A great place to work.... When times are good.
Process Piping Drafter (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2016
After being recently laid-off by Vista, it's hard to be all smiles and giggles about this company, but the fact is, the only reason I did get released was because of the low price of oil, and the continually diminishing amount of work in the EPC world.

They treated me fair, they have a really good management system, and people working for them. They paid attention to the welfare and happiness of their employees, and stressed a desire to be cost effective to their clients, yet delivering the highest quality workmanship possible.

I would have no problems working for them again, and / or recommending them to anyone, when the price of oil returns to respectable levels.
Pros
Competitive wages / employee recognition
Cons
diminishing work due to the low oil commodities market
good place to work
Windows server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2015
As a desktop support analyst I would support 100 users with day to day break fix issues. I also ordered new equipment from vendors such as HP, IBM, VMware. Ensure testing of new equipment in test lab before deployment. Minding the ticket QUE and assigning to different departments. Going to the co-location for weekly visits and deploying Windows patches out on the network using WSUS.
Pros
travel
Cons
no gas milage
Great Place to work at
Project Engineer (P.Eng) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 October 2015
Team is very productive and efficient. Colleagues are positive and supportive. Projects are very interesting and enjoyable to work on.
Family Oriented Working Envirinment
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2015
Vista Projects was my first real taste of how a professional environment should be. Working at Vista was like being part of a family you really wanted to succeed in. I enjoyed all the opportunities Vista gave me and how I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
IT not up to snuff
Intermediate Designer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2015
While I enjoyed working with the staff, our rooms were not heated properly, and I was freezing all the time. I also had to work in a crowded environment, so had trouble concentrating. Due to lack of listening to me by the IT department, I wasted a lot of hours waiting for them to do their job, which I asked them to do with plenty of warning (one weeks notice to save files to a different location, before I got locked out). Then they got perturbed because I got mad and yelled at them. Me showing up for work for a week with no access to files was a waste of my time, as I was a contractor, and not paid for those hours.
Hardest part of the job was trying to do my work without access to proper files.
Pros
Free coffee and water
Cons
Freezing cold office
A place to hone skills
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2014
A place to grow technically; very competitive and busy working hours
Pros
Learning Curve
Cons
internal affairs
Good
Professional Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 November 2013
Good. People were in general friendly. Supervisor was knowledgeable.
Fast and growing engineering firm
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2013
Half day Fridays are great. In general, there is a great work/life balance. Good team dynamic.

A fast paced environment. Non-hierarchical.

Nice big computer screens...great coffee.
Pros
Normal hours, coffee and snacks are provided on a daily basis, fun events outside of work
Great Culture to Encourage Career Growth
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2013
Vista is a great company to work for. There are many aspects that I really like about Vista:
- Vista has always been generous in total compensation; I think this promotes a strong work ethic within the group thereby providing excellent value to the client
- Vista promotes a good work / life balance as well as promoting an enjoyable and healthy atmosphere. Vista does this by working half day Fridays, having an additional vacation purchase program, providing weekly healthy snacks, and having company sponsored employee and family events. My favorite is the annual Founding Day party at the Zoo for employees and their families!
- One of the biggest reasons I like working for Vista is that fast paced environment. There is always something to learn or improve upon and, with lots of opportunities for growth and career advancement, I never get bored with my work!
Pros
Exciting Projects, Fun Environment, Great Compensation & Benefits
Cons
Lots of Work!
This place has got an excellent combination of professionalism, passion, drive, accountability...and life-work balance!
Process engineer (Current Employee) –  calgary, AB30 April 2013
I felt at home here right from the first day I got here....and I'm still enjoying it :)
Vista Projects is a great company to work for!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary29 April 2013
I came to work at Vista Projects because they are a mid-sized company that is growing in an exciting field. This is a place that you can easily access senior leaders, get to know all your colleagues and it offers lots of challenging work. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a rewarding environment where they can grow, learn, be challenged but also be recognized for their efforts.
Pros
The people I work with are great!
Cons
Fast paced environment
Plenty of challenging and rewarding opportunities
Corporate Communications (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta17 April 2013
Vista is a fast-paced work environment and a growing company very much focused on developing their people. There are numerous opportunities to learn from experienced colleagues, get involved in interesting projects, and socialize with coworkers outside of work.
Pros
half-day fridays and monthly mixers