VISIONS OF INDEPENDENCE

VISIONS OF INDEPENDENCE Employee Reviews

Dsp

Management tries their best but funding is really low. Some of the managers, and staff at HQ are really nice, and condsiderate. can't say the same for some others. Same thing as staff but i guess that's how life is overall.

Don't waste your Precious time on this company

One of the worst companies to work for. No ones job is secure and they just up and let people go with no reason. Also the management is horrible, Rude,( specially the HR manager )the Facility Managers and Directors are not proffesionls . The Facility Managers sumply sit at the office, never help the staff while on the shift, they thinking they are the BIG boss this company LOL.They gets to do whatever they want and don’t care about direct support staff, never increase the wages,its the lowest giving in Manitoba,most of the house the individuals living like a homeless, sometimes no food and proper dress for the individuals. There are so many politics involved that I wouldn’t even bother working here again. Good luck to those who still work there.

Pros

Cons

Stressful working place with very law wages

Best Company I’ve Worked For

I really have nothing bad to say about working at VOI, but right now, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, they’ve been so on top of things and so supportive of everyone’s mental health. Keeping everyone together via video conference meetings every morning, being understanding of other obligations we may have (kids, parents, pets, etc.), and just overall acting like they really care about their staff.

Great employer

This is a great place to work. Good work life balance and flexible shifts. Management listens, co workers are great and working together with them is fulfilling.

working was better before another manager came

Working conditions were good until another manager came. There was a reduction in the number of staff which we felt was affecting our delivery of care to the clients. We felt that salaries should be increased consider the nature of work and the risk

place is very disorganized.

the upper management dont know who the people they are supporting in their organization. all employees including the house managers are overworked while the upper management team just gives orders and dont care about their employees.

Worst management I've ever dealt with

Portage la prairie visions of independence is by far the worst place to work for when it comes to how management will treat you. The management will lie even when proof is available. They cover up incidents regarding injuries to staff and so much more. They have even gone as far as accusing and trying to charge one employee with abuse just because they didnt like her.

Pros

Great benefits and ok pay.

Cons

No verbal acolades for a job welldone.

Lots of untrained and unqualified workers who lack an understanding of the Canadian culture and customs. Most workers are in it for a paycheck only and the bosses happily hire these people because they are cheap laborers. Bosses are rude and disrespectful to employees and are not held responsible by anyone.

Pros

Free food within reason. Some coworkers are really dedicated and personable

Cons

Low wages, some bosses are handsoff and workers need to pick up their slack, no attaboys but look for faults constantly.

unstable

I haven't been getting any shifts for a while. Not dependable for income when casual. Need to drive and have a vehicle to move up. Poor communication.

wonderful work environment

I learned a lot, received training, and formed a good networking circle. Working with people with intellectual and physical disabilities was not only fulfilling, it was a wonderful experience. Learning that our Province has an accessibility by law opened my eyes to a lot.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

poor management

I have worked with the company since 2006. It is the most rewarding job I have been with.

All the information I wrote for Women Helping Women should pertain to this job description. A typical day at work is learning new things everyday. Meeting new people. Working with my coworkers and helping the people I support. Management skills as in scheduling shifts, payroll, making appointments and taking them. I work with people of all diverse backgrounds and cultures.The hardest part of my job is leaving at the end of the day! The most enjoyable part of my job is making the people I support happy and comfortable in their home.

Pros

Taking the people I support on outings and seeing that they are happy.

Cons

After a long day of work, i feel satisfied.

Management is awesome

Management is awesome but... they don't seem to take people being late for their shifts very seriously. It is quite annoying when you're there for an extra half hour or an hour after a night or 12 hour shift.

Great people

Great understanding of family values, allowances made if enough notice given. Very accommodating to staff for extra hours and switching shifts if a request is made. The opportunities to grow and experience new things and ideas almost daily. You get to work with the most amazing people who wll impact your life forever.

Pros

Flexibility when needed, family orientated

Cons

Wages will increase with time

Rewarding careers with outstanding connections

My career with VOI began 7 years ago and within those 7 years I have made wonderful and supportive connections with management, coworkers, and the individuals recieving support. In terms of the job, the impact you have on someone’s life is by far the greatest reward. Great work benefits. Its not just a job, it’s a support network of people who care about you, and your wellbeing. Great place to work.

Pros

Accommodating, supportive, rewarding career

Cons

Industry wages due to government cuts

A great place to learn

Visions of Independence is great place to work and the individuals supported there will teach you alot about yourself . VOI management and staff need to be celebrated for their dedication to the people they support . If you want a job where you will grow and become a better human being than VOI is the place to be .

Pros

A place to learn and grow

Great place to work :)

Good place to work very understanding of staffs needs.Management works together as a team. Fun place to work. You have to have a big heart to work at a place like visions. Not anybody can do this sort of work. It makes you feel good knowing that your helping in someone else’s life in a big way.

Pros

Great teamwork

Horrible work place

Not a great place to work. Your over work and under appreciated. Management doesn't help with any issues you may face and doesn't care about the people they support it's just a pay check to them.

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Horrible management, not allowed time off

Good if your getting off welfare

Terrible structure constant demand to work extra hours and guilted if you do not. Senior management doesn't do their job so it falls to house manager which falls to direct staff. Office personnel at very ignorant and you never know who is who. You never told if you do a good job only complained to if you miss something. Unqualified people supervising very little knowledge coming from above. Not enough staff to do anything but senior management pushing yet they don't even know anything. If you have no skills and don't mind working for bad people go on apply. Any self respect you wouldn't work here

Pros

Work a lot if you need

Cons

Senior management office staff and management

Productive at work

worked with clients whom had disabilities, and mentality and behavioral issues, helped with the home cleaning, making meals, giving out medicine, did home inventory and food inventory---cooked meals, took clients out for walks to activities, to Dr..appointments. Participated with the clients on a daily bases. enjoyed working with multipliable culture persons hard part was the communication with management. problem solving and coming up with new ideas for activities.spend time with the clents.

Pros

free meals

Cons

long days

Great place to work but be weary of the management.

Love helping people so this job has been very rewarding,it’s wonderful being part of a team that assist individuals live in a home setting and be as independent as possible while making sure they are safe. Av’e had the pleasure of working with some wonderful work mates and for that am thankful! Management however is a different story,like someone mentioned above,there is a lot of politics and gossip and if the management does not like you then you are in trouble,it’s unfortunate because they do do a great job with the residents.It has been like that for the years I have worked but hope this will change.

Pros

Wonderful work mates

Cons

Management sucks

Unorganized

The salary is good but management is unorganized and unfair. Not very understanding of personal issues, but don't need experience as they train you for the job.

Pros

Salary, paid training

Cons

Unorganized, bad management, not understanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VISIONS OF INDEPENDENCE. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7Job security/advancement