Visions Electronics Employee Reviews

The People are great...
Car Audio Department Manager/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2018
The people and management at store level in this company are pretty fantastic, and the only reason this company should be given a shot. The overall culture not so much. The Company does not give 2 craps about you unless you're making money. The Flyers and Sales a geared so that you don't make money. Do not expect help from the head office in this regard. The benefits might as well be non existent, and you're a terrible human being for being on top up (they have to pay you minimum wage if your commissions don't overtake it) especially on days where the store makes less than $3000.00. Training is watching a Friedman video, doing some tests on a website that have the wrong answers and then good luck. If you're lucky you'll land with a store that will actually take the time to put effort into you and train you properly. Also, stability... don't count on it while working for this company. You cheque is gonna go up and down like a yo-yo. Budget like you're on minimum wage, and have a happy surprise of extra money when you're not.
Pros
Good People.
Cons
Too many to list.
Most lit job of all time
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 December 2018
Great for Salary & Commission
Quick Advancement
Growing Company
Flexible Management
Knowledgable Staff
Good Energy in Workplace
Great mentorship in management
Pros
Great Culture, More than fair pay, Fun Environment
Cons
None.... Can't work there with criminal record
Fun enviroment, lazy work in the end
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
Typically wasn't a hard job, probably the easiest. You're selling to people who want these toys for the home theater or car audio. Can be a tough work environment because half the time other sales staff wont respect you or your customers and will try and take your sale commission.
Pros
Smoke breaks when ever, lunch whenever, no rules really.
Cons
sales days youre there for more than 12 hours and its mandatory, Benefits come in after 1 entire year of work, and its garbage benefits.
outgoing and friendly workplace
Car Audio Expert (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2018
going into work having our morning meeting and talking about goals for the store,
great staff members along with management most are my friends now
hardest part of the job was the salary/ commission sales
I'd give it 0 if I could.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2019
Worst job I've ever had in my life. Management treats their staff like absolute garbage. In the short time I was there 2 people got fired one for calling in sick on an important day. (Which is illegal). Most guys working there are creepy toward women and make very uncomforable comments toward us.
Pros
Fairly laid back about breaks
Cons
No cashier mats, horrible management, bad commission structure, poor culture in general
managers hold all the power, you won't make as much money as they tell you in the interview.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2019
when I first started at this company it seemed very laid back, it seemed like a place a young guy could make a lot of money. While that is true, that's only if you suck up to the managers at every turn. on multiple occasions managers have reversed commission money under themselves for the most ridiculous of reasons, and without notifying any involved parties. Imagine you get your paycheck at the end of the month and its 100$ less than it should be because some manager decided he wanted it instead. There are multiple rules in place to make sure the managers can scum you out of money at every opportunity.

Couple that with almost no free time if you work the 12:30-9 shift often and it is a very very difficult place to work. During the busy season it is mandatory to work ridiculously long shifts, sometimes over 15 hours with no overtime pay under the pretense that you will be making commission money, however as previously mentioned the managers will take all the money they possibly can from you. On one occasion my 150$ TV sale was reversed because one of the managers spoke to the guy I was helping 3 YEARS AGO.

I can keep going unfortunately, one of the only benefits of working here is the fact that you can go on your phone or put on a hockey game when its not busy, but then out of the wood work comes a manager asking you to do tags or merchandise, which to be fair is part of the job, but they then proceed to do the exact same thing you were just doing while you manage their department for them. This also gives them an opportunity to talk to customers and potentially make
  more... commission, which they then proceed to not give you half of. However when you don't split a manager in its a sin against god and they have a very melodramatic talk with you about how its not fair to not give someone part of the sale when they were doing work for you.

The only reason I stuck around at this job was because I made friends with some co workers, but they then all proceeded to leave right after Christmas directly because of the management and lack of proper pay. And the only reason I am still here is because the job market in my area is so ungodly, hellishly terrible, that visions is actually a decent place to work.

On top of that your days off are not off, you will almost certainly be phoned by your manager or another salesperson about work related things, one time I was out for breakfast with my girlfriend and one of the managers phoned me asking me to come in, I of course told him that I had plans and wouldn't be able to. He then tried to guilt me into coming in by saying "oh I guess we won't be having lunches today..."

Overall if you're thinking of applying here, only do so if you love money so much that you can throw all your free time and human decency in the trash.
Pros
you can watch hockey sometimes, hour long lunches
Cons
horrible management, worse pay, terrible environment
Over all bad company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2018
Worked at visions for about a month. Some of the guys have major creep radar. Management is awful makes you come in on your day off for training, I was told was unpaid as well. The manager will sell any and everything at cost if you ask for help...its commission and if its sold at cost you literally make nothing. Lots of petty drama and gossip if you liked high school then this is the job for you. You have to come early for morning meetings I'm not talking 15 minutes early I'm talking 30 to 45 minutes early for a pointless meeting. Very long hours some days 12 hours plus...which you dont get paid for. Forces you to join their what's up group chat which is hardly used for work related issues and mainly used for socializing...waking up to 100 missed messages in the "work" chat for non work related conversations is annoying. A lot of power hungry individuals that like to be in control. Literally zero training goes into this place, they dont tell you what to do and just expect you to know. First day there they just stuck me on the floor without a word didnt tell me if I was supposed to greet customers or if I was supposed to observe everyone just left me standing in the middle of the AV section. Following days didnt get any better. Some of the people were funny and I enjoyed their company other then that terrible work experience.
Pros
1 hour long lunch break and could play on your phone during work hours
Cons
Everything to do with Visions
Worst Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 December 2018
I met a manager through a friend that worked there at the time. I got to know the staff, and oh lord most incompetent , self absorbed, snobby know it all people I've ever met. After hiring me and training I worked there for about 2 weeks. Found out about the managers drug addiction, worst management ever. Sales floor agents are fighting over clients that first walk in to make commission. The commission structure pays pennies. Dont work here.
Really good company.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2019
Professional, clean high energetic work place. Good opportunity to grow and make money in sales. Great people and a fun work place with a good location.
Pros
Commision.
Cons
Long hours.
Great job to start off with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC15 January 2018
For the most part coworkers were friendly and easy to work with. You're ringing up sales, talking to customers and answering/directing calls or taking messages then giving them to whichever department the call asked for. I really learned how to talk more and about products. My only con is job stability after the holidays.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, medical/dental benefits, employee discount
Cons
job stability
A difficult place to work, But can be rewarding for the right person.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 June 2018
Visions is a hard place to work, They have a low base rate (Guarantee wage) which I get you are expected to make above that but it very low, The district manager is not easy to work with at all.
Pros
Cool bonus structure (for cellular)
Cons
Upper management is not the best, or most respected.
Worst Company I have worked for
Home Installer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2017
This is by far, the worst company I have ever worked for. The pay structure is not lucrative at all. I averaged only $2100 per month over 12 months. On multiple occasions, you will be working for free because it is a commission based pay structure, even for the skilled installers. Since the system is fundamentally broken, you will not get paid for every hour you spend working as a skilled technician. Further, you will be expected to stay at the store even when you don't have any paying jobs. you will be getting paid minimum wage while you are expected to stay at the store and coddle the sales dummies so that you can get more install jobs. Over 6 months, I got paid only $426 for vacation pay. How is somebody supposed to take a vacation with that? Do yourself a favor, if you are a skilled installer, stay far away from this company, there are much better ones out there. Seriusly.... stay away.
Pros
Cons
low pay structure, no benefits for a year, no paid vacation
Needs work
Audio/Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
Needs work.
Too much focus on what you didn't do instead of what you actually accomplished. They ask for too many extra things that are time consuming and it's not possible to do them all. Then they complain about the sales #'s. They need to hire people to do these extra things and just let the salespeople sell.
Fun learning experience
Car Audio Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 February 2018
my typical day was just merchandising and helping customers. I learnt a lot about electronics. The management sucked at the location I was working at, The commission structure is bad and would not prefer it. The hardest part of the job is working long hours which you don't get paid for. the most enjoyable part is interacting with various of customers.
Pros
fun learning experience
Cons
long hours- not paid for, commission structure sucks.
Always get to see the new tech first, thats pretty cool. Also some good deals on it.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada15 May 2017
I was able to learn a lot about managing employees and dealing with new markets. This is a good job for younger people 18-23 but be weery if you are not in that age group as a lot of the employees are.
Pros
small amounts of travel available, good salary but only once you advance enough
Cons
long hours, many days where breaks are not allowed, dont get any free time over christmas
Overall extremely unimpressed
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 July 2014
Hmmm.... Where to start, This is a company with severe management issues. there is also a lack of any benefits package. they say they offer it when hired however you will most likely never see it. The management have no understanding towards dealing with staff in a positive manner. staff morale is something where no focus is given, and staff conflict and abuse are very much tolerated. My last pay was also a disaster, I may have just had bad luck do to the location i worked at. however it defiantly left a poor taste in my mouth towards this company.
Pros
Great discount on product.
Cons
Almost everything.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 May 2018
A great place to work with a lot of room for advancement! Great team to be apart of! They really care about their employees and make sure they are enjoying their time in the workplace.
Workplace was more like a family place
Jr. Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2017
I liked the type of work I did and how I was given he freedom to make a daily schedule for myself so I could get things done the way I wanted to. Though, when necessary I would take on other peoples jobs as well so that I was never doing nothing. I think the part about this job that I liked the most was how the manager was approachable and all the staff were easy to talk to and get along with.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, fair hours, benefits, flexible schedules, lots of work
Cons
difficult customers, when people would ask me to do too many things at once, slow days
Fun Place to work!
Car Install Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
This is a commission based company, If you like electronics an tech gears you will enjoy working here.

You do have to close a certain # of sales to make over the grantee pay.

Since this company is new in Toronto it has a alot of work ahead.

Their advertising is not enough as this store is the new kid on the block. Not enough exposure, Not many people now this store exists.
Fun place to work for.
Car Audio Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 May 2017
Visions is an excellent place to work for, great culture, fun atmosphere with co workers. Decent customers dependent on location. Unfortunately the area they lack in is Salary, as it is all commissions based. If you're not in a high payout department, don't expect to make a lot of money.
Pros
Great Training on products, great co workers, good EPP.
Cons
poor salary/0 benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visions Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.