Visions Electronics Employee Reviews

Very low pay and no overtime pay
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 March 2019
You do everything here like shipping, receiving and other task which is not related to the job description. You’re working here hardly but you’ve been paid less. No benefits at all and you’re required to go to work if they have sale even if it’s your scheduled day off. And the sales department are treating you like a slave here not a co-worker. It’s not fun at all working here. My worst job ever!
Pros
You could use your phone and listen to music via demo speakers
Cons
Except from the pro, everything here is bad
Good starting sales job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 February 2019
Good place to learn the ropes for sales but you eventually cap out at an ok but not great wage. Long hours during holiday season and only way to make good money is to work 6 days a week
good
Kiosk and Cellular head department manager (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC4 February 2019
really good work experience, lots of opportunities to grow and earn a lot of money. if you are willing to do a lot of competition and take in stressful chances this is the place .
Fun atmosphere with lots to learn
Car Audio Sales (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC25 January 2019
Great place to work as an entry level job. Fun, laid back place to work where they push you to strive to be better. Learn lots of new things as there are serious experts in different electronics areas.
managers hold all the power, you won't make as much money as they tell you in the interview.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 January 2019
when I first started at this company it seemed very laid back, it seemed like a place a young guy could make a lot of money. While that is true, that's only if you suck up to the managers at every turn. on multiple occasions managers have reversed commission money under themselves for the most ridiculous of reasons, and without notifying any involved parties. Imagine you get your paycheck at the end of the month and its 100$ less than it should be because some manager decided he wanted it instead. There are multiple rules in place to make sure the managers can scum you out of money at every opportunity.

Couple that with almost no free time if you work the 12:30-9 shift often and it is a very very difficult place to work. During the busy season it is mandatory to work ridiculously long shifts, sometimes over 15 hours with no overtime pay under the pretense that you will be making commission money, however as previously mentioned the managers will take all the money they possibly can from you. On one occasion my 150$ TV sale was reversed because one of the managers spoke to the guy I was helping 3 YEARS AGO.

I can keep going unfortunately, one of the only benefits of working here is the fact that you can go on your phone or put on a hockey game when its not busy, but then out of the wood work comes a manager asking you to do tags or merchandise, which to be fair is part of the job, but they then proceed to do the exact same thing you were just doing while you manage their department for them. This also gives them an opportunity to talk to customers and potentially make
  more... commission, which they then proceed to not give you half of. However when you don't split a manager in its a sin against god and they have a very melodramatic talk with you about how its not fair to not give someone part of the sale when they were doing work for you.

The only reason I stuck around at this job was because I made friends with some co workers, but they then all proceeded to leave right after Christmas directly because of the management and lack of proper pay. And the only reason I am still here is because the job market in my area is so ungodly, hellishly terrible, that visions is actually a decent place to work.

On top of that your days off are not off, you will almost certainly be phoned by your manager or another salesperson about work related things, one time I was out for breakfast with my girlfriend and one of the managers phoned me asking me to come in, I of course told him that I had plans and wouldn't be able to. He then tried to guilt me into coming in by saying "oh I guess we won't be having lunches today..."

Overall if you're thinking of applying here, only do so if you love money so much that you can throw all your free time and human decency in the trash.
Pros
you can watch hockey sometimes, hour long lunches
Cons
horrible management, worse pay, terrible environment
Fun place to work.
Regional Manager, Sask/Man (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK18 January 2019
If you have a passion for electronics this is a fantastic company to work for. You stay on the cutting edge of the industry trends. Heavy focus on customer service.
Really good company.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 January 2019
Professional, clean high energetic work place. Good opportunity to grow and make money in sales. Great people and a fun work place with a good location.
Pros
Commision.
Cons
Long hours.
I'd give it 0 if I could.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON2 January 2019
Worst job I've ever had in my life. Management treats their staff like absolute garbage. In the short time I was there 2 people got fired one for calling in sick on an important day. (Which is illegal). Most guys working there are creepy toward women and make very uncomforable comments toward us.
Pros
Fairly laid back about breaks
Cons
No cashier mats, horrible management, bad commission structure, poor culture in general
Most lit job of all time
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 December 2018
Great for Salary & Commission
Quick Advancement
Growing Company
Flexible Management
Knowledgable Staff
Good Energy in Workplace
Great mentorship in management
Pros
Great Culture, More than fair pay, Fun Environment
Cons
None.... Can't work there with criminal record
Worst Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 December 2018
I met a manager through a friend that worked there at the time. I got to know the staff, and oh lord most incompetent , self absorbed, snobby know it all people I've ever met. After hiring me and training I worked there for about 2 weeks. Found out about the managers drug addiction, worst management ever. Sales floor agents are fighting over clients that first walk in to make commission. The commission structure pays pennies. Dont work here.
The People are great...
Car Audio Department Manager/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2018
The people and management at store level in this company are pretty fantastic, and the only reason this company should be given a shot. The overall culture not so much. The Company does not give 2 craps about you unless you're making money. The Flyers and Sales a geared so that you don't make money. Do not expect help from the head office in this regard. The benefits might as well be non existent, and you're a terrible human being for being on top up (they have to pay you minimum wage if your commissions don't overtake it) especially on days where the store makes less than $3000.00. Training is watching a Friedman video, doing some tests on a website that have the wrong answers and then good luck. If you're lucky you'll land with a store that will actually take the time to put effort into you and train you properly. Also, stability... don't count on it while working for this company. You cheque is gonna go up and down like a yo-yo. Budget like you're on minimum wage, and have a happy surprise of extra money when you're not.
Pros
Good People.
Cons
Too many to list.
Over all bad company
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK26 October 2018
Worked at visions for about a month. Some of the guys have major creep radar. Management is awful makes you come in on your day off for training, I was told was unpaid as well. The manager will sell any and everything at cost if you ask for help...its commission and if its sold at cost you literally make nothing. Lots of petty drama and gossip if you liked high school then this is the job for you. You have to come early for morning meetings I'm not talking 15 minutes early I'm talking 30 to 45 minutes early for a pointless meeting. Very long hours some days 12 hours plus...which you dont get paid for. Forces you to join their what's up group chat which is hardly used for work related issues and mainly used for socializing...waking up to 100 missed messages in the "work" chat for non work related conversations is annoying. A lot of power hungry individuals that like to be in control. Literally zero training goes into this place, they dont tell you what to do and just expect you to know. First day there they just stuck me on the floor without a word didnt tell me if I was supposed to greet customers or if I was supposed to observe everyone just left me standing in the middle of the AV section. Following days didnt get any better. Some of the people were funny and I enjoyed their company other then that terrible work experience.
Pros
1 hour long lunch break and could play on your phone during work hours
Cons
Everything to do with Visions
outgoing and friendly workplace
Car Audio Expert (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 October 2018
going into work having our morning meeting and talking about goals for the store,
great staff members along with management most are my friends now
hardest part of the job was the salary/ commission sales
Needs work
Audio/Video Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2018
Needs work.
Too much focus on what you didn't do instead of what you actually accomplished. They ask for too many extra things that are time consuming and it's not possible to do them all. Then they complain about the sales #'s. They need to hire people to do these extra things and just let the salespeople sell.
Fun enviroment, lazy work in the end
DEPARTMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2018
Typically wasn't a hard job, probably the easiest. You're selling to people who want these toys for the home theater or car audio. Can be a tough work environment because half the time other sales staff wont respect you or your customers and will try and take your sale commission.
Pros
Smoke breaks when ever, lunch whenever, no rules really.
Cons
sales days youre there for more than 12 hours and its mandatory, Benefits come in after 1 entire year of work, and its garbage benefits.
A difficult place to work, But can be rewarding for the right person.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC13 June 2018
Visions is a hard place to work, They have a low base rate (Guarantee wage) which I get you are expected to make above that but it very low, The district manager is not easy to work with at all.
Pros
Cool bonus structure (for cellular)
Cons
Upper management is not the best, or most respected.
Fun Place to work!
Car Install Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
This is a commission based company, If you like electronics an tech gears you will enjoy working here.

You do have to close a certain # of sales to make over the grantee pay.

Since this company is new in Toronto it has a alot of work ahead.

Their advertising is not enough as this store is the new kid on the block. Not enough exposure, Not many people now this store exists.
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB30 May 2018
A great place to work with a lot of room for advancement! Great team to be apart of! They really care about their employees and make sure they are enjoying their time in the workplace.
great environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 May 2018
great job to learn customer service experience. lively and creative place to learn new technology.
home security to car/bike security proved, gaming laptop sold here.
must vist place
Great position to grow and delevop
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 April 2018
Great job to learn and develop sales and management skills.

This is a great entry level position for those looking to enter the sales world. Through your own motivation you can make a very attractive wage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visions Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.