Visions Electronics

Visions Electronics Employee Reviews

I was only hired for a contract as a cashier but I honestly had a great time working here. All the staff are so kind and will help you whenever you need it. The management is very well organized and respectful of your needs. The only hard part was probably customers occasionally since it is retail and the phones go off like crazy.
Pros
Business casual wear, offer food during long shifts such as black Friday + boxing day, friendly staff, not stressful
Cons
Long hours on holidays
The worst job I have ever had. The management is horrible. The job is hard when the people higher up doesn't give a fudge about anything. The managers are ditzy.
I worked there for a year and not once did I make commission because I had to make “a certain amount” in order for it to be considered commission, but yet every sale I made, the managers would come in and either take the entire commission or half of my (hard earned) commission. I worked full time 8 hours throughout the week and I would often stay a few hours later either to help out or because I was asked to “finish what I was assigned” before I left. Then I found out that I was never being paid for the extra hours I stayed, only my “scheduled hours”. Then on Black Friday the entire sales crew and myself were forced to work a 17 hour shift, I had one break. I didn’t make commission. I was not paid overtime hours for that shift along with all of the other weeks of overtime hours.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long hours, no commission, no overtime pay
Awful management at the SW location in Calgary If you have a complaint don’t call HR, they never called me back regarding the hostile work place environment
Pros
I have been with this company for quite a long time now and have seen staff come and go. I have endured many challenges with Visions from economic crisis to the current Covid challenge and more. If you're willing to get past the first few months you become a very welcome member of the Visions team and will profit greatly as long as you're willing to invest in yourself. Someone who only sees the first three months and then leaves complaining they aren't succeeding will not prosper anywhere.
Pros
Company and Vendor trainings, flexibilty in taking time off, fairly decent benefits packages (although I miss the company RRSP Program)
Cons
Long hours during busy seasons but with rewarding results.
It's a big scam. They claim manufacturer spiffs that are entitled to the sales reps. You accrue alot in profit and spiffs...however if one of your "KPI's" (which aren't REAL KPI's) is off, you get nothing. Basically the sales staff costs the company nothing as the profit and spiffs you earn pay for that staff member if they don't hit their monthly sales targets. If you are a section Manager, your section could hit all sales targets...but if you don't personally overachieve then you get NOTHING. They make you wait for a year before benefits. And then they fire most once they hit that year. A friend was a section department head. He turned in his resignation to accept a job with a competitor. The regional called him and convinced him that he was valued and would have more upside in staying which he did. They fired him less then a month later after he turned down the other offer. He had worked there for One year and two weeks. When I left, I was owed 2 weeks pay. They didn't pay it. SLEAZY and sketchy company.One of the two worst companies I have ever worked for in my 35 years of sales experience.
Pros
Great tv's and cool electronics. Canadian owned private company.
Cons
Everything else, especially management.
There is a serious favoritism that goes on in this company and that's who gets all the hours regardless of how the person actually works. Good workers go unnoticed while bad workers get praised because they are friends with managers. Worst work environment I have ever been in. There is inappropriate relationships between managers and employees that are ignored by the company when they should be fired or split up on different teams. There is a lot of bullies in this Walmart location and it's disgusting.
Besides large sales events, evening and weekend shifts, many hours could pass without a customer. Coworkers compete to be the first to speak to customers in a passive-aggressive fashion.
This is the worst place I have ever worked in my life! They do not pay overtime (?) but expect you to work 16-17 hour shifts during the holiday season! You barely get trained and then you are barked at and criticized for not understanding their ancient system (that crashes, company wide, on a regular basis). There is blatant misogyny, sexism and harassment of women that management either turns a blind eye to, or participates in. No human resource department, no benefits and no training. They do not care about their employees whatsoever here. I have a friend who works at a Visions in BC and has had the same experiences as I have! It’s a company wide issue. If I could rate lower I would. Disgusting culture, terrible pay and a sad excuse for a workplace.
I would start by turning all of the electronics on, cutting cardbord, and organising the 2 warehouses. I learned that i need to be working all of the time to have my boss happy. The culutre was mixed. Carrying 80 inch tvs and loading them into cars. Meeting the people who i worked with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No rest
its a good job for a teenager not good to make money but that may depend on the location flexible schedule good for college kids. management doesn't train you properly
I was treated like a glorified secretary and berated daily for not making enough sales, despite only being allowed to sell items from my section. Management clearly played favourites and morning meetings were more about football than work. I was given zero training but expected to know everything about how their system works etc. Terrible place for a woman to work as they treated the men better in every way
Company operates in a competitive industry and needs to value and pay their knowledgeable staff what they are worth. They are constantly finding ways to reduce pay
Pros
cost on electronics
Cons
long hours sometimes, do a lot for what we get paid and don't get holidays
Retail.. not well managed... You are get paid commission.. and if there is no work to do, than they will match to minimum wage, no more. Benefits are not good.
Visions is a great workplace. When it comes to work/life balance. It’s all in your hands; you get what you put In. You can make anything you put your goal at. Management is great especially with communication. The Dm in the Winnipeg area is one of the best. Head office also works with you very well if you have a good lead or idea. The jobs very flexible and they want you to do well. Benifits could be better.
This place is terrible to work for. Nobody gets held accountable for anything and senior guys take over everything that has any kind of profit or money in it. Pay structure is next to impossible to really make any kind of real money just being a salesperson. Deals get flipped by anyone with a managers pin.
greasy management will hire and fire new store managers on a monthly basis. shark pit work environment. toxic work space.not personal life friendly. nepotism rules over hard work.
Pay structure is something to be desired. As a salesman you have to sell product with enough profit (set by h.o and competitors) so you can cover your own minimum wage for the month. For operations hourly is better structure wise but you’ll only get minimum wage. Salary is a little unfair as you will most likely make less than minimum wage if you calculate it correctly. Mainly because you end up working more than 88hrs per 15-16 day work periods. If it was salary every 2 weeks it would be a much better system. Also for an operations staff member near Black Friday/Boxing Day expect to work 17hr days.
A typical day of work would start with the manager threatening you about your sales and warranty sales. In mid day the store manager will give you a death stare all the way from his office to your department for 10 minutes straight. Later on before the Store Manager leaves early for the day (sometimes he ust works one hour and then leaves) he will pretend to ask you and demand you to make more sales. The workplace culture is that the senior guys will not help you and actually take advantage of you as the new sales guy by giving you the deals with "no money" aka no comission which were the products that were sold at cost with no warranty. And they look down on you because they are the "senior" guys. Telling you to run errands for them and telling you to "sit here", "thaht's my seat", etc. The hardest part of the job is that there is no guidance form "seniors" or even managers, including the sales manager. The reason is because those people are commision salesman like you and they will not tell you their sales secrets so you will compete with them and take "their customer" aka the money that will go into their pocket. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of day when I could go home.
Under paid over worked and heavily discriminated against for asking things like why don't we have any standard operating procedures? I was constantly guilt into working way more hours than anyone legally should and then only got paid for 40 hours. Overall it was a horrible experience. If you are not strong mental you will get eaten up and spit out.
Worst place I ever worked, they lie to you to achieve thier goals, they don't care about their employees all they care about is their brand and business which is also bad can't beleive I worked for a year and a half for them,the store over promises customers, never have stock products they need yhe most or sell the most very poor management.