Visions Electronics

Visions Electronics Employee Reviews

Canada184 reviews
This was a really good starter job to get my work ethic up
I would start by turning all of the electronics on, cutting cardbord, and organising the 2 warehouses.

I learned that i need to be working all of the time to have my boss happy.

The culutre was mixed.

Carrying 80 inch tvs and loading them into cars.

Meeting the people who i worked with.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No rest
fun
its a good job for a teenager not good to make money but that may depend on the location flexible schedule good for college kids. management doesn't train you properly
Old boys club
I was treated like a glorified secretary and berated daily for not making enough sales, despite only being allowed to sell items from my section. Management clearly played favourites and morning meetings were more about football than work. I was given zero training but expected to know everything about how their system works etc. Terrible place for a woman to work as they treated the men better in every way
Company operates in a competitive industry and needs to value and pay their knowledgeable staff what they are worth. They are constantly finding ways to reduce pay
Pros
cost on electronics
Cons
long hours sometimes, do a lot for what we get paid and don't get holidays
Okay
Retail.. not well managed...
You are get paid commission.. and if there is no work to do, than they will match to minimum wage, no more.

Benefits are not good.
Visions is a great workplace
Visions is a great workplace. When it comes to work/life balance. It’s all in your hands; you get what you put In. You can make anything you put your goal at.

Management is great especially with communication. The Dm in the Winnipeg area is one of the best. Head office also works with you very well if you have a good lead or idea. The jobs very flexible and they want you to do well. Benifits could be better.
Terrible place to work
This place is terrible to work for.
Nobody gets held accountable for anything and senior guys take over everything that has any kind of profit or money in it.

Pay structure is next to impossible to really make any kind of real money just being a salesperson.

Deals get flipped by anyone with a managers pin.
nepotism rules over hard work
greasy management will hire and fire new store managers on a monthly basis. shark pit work environment. toxic work space.not personal life friendly. nepotism rules over hard work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Visions Electronics?
No job security - low pay
Pay structure is something to be desired. As a salesman you have to sell product with enough profit (set by h.o and competitors) so you can cover your own minimum wage for the month.

For operations hourly is better structure wise but you’ll only get minimum wage.

Salary is a little unfair as you will most likely make less than minimum wage if you calculate it correctly. Mainly because you end up working more than 88hrs per 15-16 day work periods. If it was salary every 2 weeks it would be a much better system.

Also for an operations staff member near Black Friday/Boxing Day expect to work 17hr days.
Selfish Store Manage, Selfish salesmen, Abusive Store Manager
A typical day of work would start with the manager threatening you about your sales and warranty sales. In mid day the store manager will give you a death stare all the way from his office to your department for 10 minutes straight. Later on before the Store Manager leaves early for the day (sometimes he ust works one hour and then leaves) he will pretend to ask you and demand you to make more sales. The workplace culture is that the senior guys will not help you and actually take advantage of you as the new sales guy by giving you the deals with "no money" aka no comission which were the products that were sold at cost with no warranty. And they look down on you because they are the "senior" guys. Telling you to run errands for them and telling you to "sit here", "thaht's my seat", etc. The hardest part of the job is that there is no guidance form "seniors" or even managers, including the sales manager. The reason is because those people are commision salesman like you and they will not tell you their sales secrets so you will compete with them and take "their customer" aka the money that will go into their pocket. The most enjoyable part of the job was at the end of day when I could go home.
Horrible work environment
Under paid over worked and heavily discriminated against for asking things like why don't we have any standard operating procedures? I was constantly guilt into working way more hours than anyone legally should and then only got paid for 40 hours. Overall it was a horrible experience. If you are not strong mental you will get eaten up and spit out.
Would never work here
Worst place I ever worked, they lie to you to achieve thier goals, they don't care about their employees all they care about is their brand and business which is also bad can't beleive I worked for a year and a half for them,the store over promises customers, never have stock products they need yhe most or sell the most very poor management.
Okay Place
Was an okay place to work. Asked questions kind of got asked to go away couple times and stop asking. Nice people to work with as well. The work was great.
My Job At Visions
I rated my salary not enough to live on because the base salary of minimum wage is hardly enough for anyone to live on. However I wasn't there long enough due to housing issues to really understand and realize the positions full potential of building clients and report with people to earn the competitive salary earned through our sales program. Overall it was enjoyable and a fast paced learning curve
lots of ways to expand
You are not confined to one dept. You will specialize in one dept but you can sell anywhere in the store if you are comfortable thus expanding your opportunity to make money. Be as versatile as you can in order to optimize your pay. Lots of room for management opportunity.
Management isn't good at this place.
Wouldn't Recommend working at this location, the management is terrible. literal lazy managers. the GM is even worse. they'll use you. then fire you without reason. note, even after the 3 months probation. they'll still fire you, whenever and for whatever reason they claim is reasonable for termination. very bad management.
The store manager is really arrogant
minimum pay, it is nearly impossible to hit commissions in the kiosk department, the manager does not let you sell anything else other then things in your department even if you have knowledge about the product. The manager doesnt open to an opinion of other and treats employees like slave
Great people
Not really sure what to say. The guy I had my problems with no longer works at the location that I did so I have no insight of what the store is like now
Entry level and you stay at entry level
If you plan on using this company as a steppingstone to further your career it’s the best place. Don’t expect to be there longer than 6 to 8 months. No room for advancement
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, some managers are patient
Cons
they expect you to sell installs, create your own business, not long term employment
Vry good
Management is good. Working atmosphere was also peaceful nd good. But the process of working was very slow.Safety is also considered first.No working pressure.
Pros
Benefits provided by the company
Cons
They don't give the overtime
Terrible place to work
All I can say is good luck getting paid.
Management is brutal. They have no organization skills whatsoever, by that I mean they make you fill out all your payroll information and then lose it meaning that you dont get paid right before Christmas.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Visions Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8