Vision Nursing Home Employee Review

View all Vision Nursing Home reviews

Hard work, but appreciated
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON7 August 2018
At the end of the day, being a dietary aide here was rewarding. It was not the best place to work while struggling with mental health issues. However, everyone supported each other and helped out where they could.

I wish that they had been able to offer more training on specific floors (there are five sections total). It's not so bad if you have a regular shift, but if you're a casual worker you get thrown all over the place. If you don't know the residents that you're serving and what they like, there's no possible way to get everything done in time. Unfortunately, you can't leave until you're done, and you're not paid for the extra time.

Management was absolutely wonderful, always very friendly and courteous and genuinely interested in your well being, while maintaining a professional attitude.

There tends to be a lot of dramatic personalities in the kitchen, but as long as you don't gossip and work hard, everyone likes you.

They do warn you not to get attached to the residents, and no matter how hard you try, you will get attached, and you will have sad days when they pass away.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
can be stressful

Other Vision Nursing Home Employee Reviews

Minimal time there
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 March 2019
I did not work there long enough to establish an effective opinion on working within this company. The short time I was there, I just managed to learn the basic ins and outs of each shift.
Vision
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Sarnia29 November 2018
Great Job & Great people.
Too bad it was a seasonal job I really enjoyed it there.
The flexible hours were nice and being able to work outside was also great.