Vision Critical

Vision Critical Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Great people - still finding their footing
Vision Critical is a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. Some truly great people work their. Smart, fun, and kind. Having said that, they are currently in the midst of yet another reinvention of themselves which comes with a lot of disruption and uncertainty. They've done this a few times in the past with mixed results. I look forward to watching their progress.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of direction and focus
It is a great company, with a lot of great people. There are many offices around the globe, and several positions offer the ability to work remotely full time.
Excellent place to work, I learned a lot and had excellent teammates. If they get their technology right, this is an industry disrupter. I would not hesitate to go back.
So much room for growth - a great opportunity!
At Vision Critical, I get to contribute directly and make a difference to the future of our company. It's such a vibrant workplace full of energy and people excited by what they are working on. The executive team is so passionate and focused, you can really feel the momentum and excitement as we work toward a shared vision.
Vibrant, constantly evolving tech leader in market research space
Vision Critical was a early leader in the online market research software industry but has struggled to transition from it's older software and traditional methods of research. It's strengths are definitely the people that are always passionate about what they do and our proud of what they deliver.

Great place to start a career or build experience with a leader in SaaS based software development.
Productive and fun
The environment on the company was lovely due to the staffs had a good connection with the new staffs and also on the friday they had time to have fun on working time.
Very bad morale, scared of losing job
Management changes, pathetic handling of employees, job security is bad, scared of losing job, people cant say things honestly because scared that management will take your job away.
Good Place To Work
Pros: Skill workshops, Foosball Table. free soda, sometimes free lunch, don't have to wash your own dishes, competitions like Jenga or speed typing, Hackathons
Cons: Teams are split up between cities, which can make meetings difficult -- you must communicate over skype.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vision Critical?
Great Place to Work - Vision Critical
Overall, working at Vision Critical was a very positive experience. The work and software itself was wonderful, however what kept me coming back each day.. was the people. Like any organization, the group of people were truly remarkable. Hardworking, smart, talented. It was a great experience!
Pros
great benefits, great list of clients/brands, employees
Cons
lack of company culture, upper management, organization, work/life balance
I enjoyed working there.
Building has a waterfront view. I was hired on a contract to help out accounts payable team. I learned a new in house developed software to accomplish my daily duties.
No work life balance, Finance Department
Was told in my interview that work days were 9 hours. In reality, they were 10-12 hour days. We were instructed that we had to work some weekends and even stat holidays.

Management did not seem to care. They just took advantage of their employees.

Lots of turnover. Stay away from this finance team.
Pros
Nice office, free dinners when working late, young upbeat staff
Cons
Long hours, management that doesn't care, low pay
Good workplace
Overall a good place to work, close to the Sky-train, lots of restaurants around.
The technology and products are not very exciting and/or interesting, but that will do if you are not in a startup mood.
Great company with top quality people working there.
A great SaaS company with great leadership and the continually raise the bar on performance. Excellent benefits and work life balance.
Good company with great culture
Descent place to work with !

Get to work with fun people around me... The place is not so good for career advancement but they are trying hard to change that. Great work life balance.
Work culture was great at Vision Critical
You get to work on the latest technology, also he work culture is good. People know their stuff and always willing to help
Cool culture
Very cool culture, young, fast, hip. Work life balance is valued there. Pay is on the lower end however depending on the team, you get to learn alot.
Very political and unprofessional
The company is very immature and poorly ran. Never see so much politics in one place. Unprofessional behavior is tolerated by the top because the senior management only cares about their own job security. Very disappointing to the firm lost so many good people over the years.

Definitely not recommended to work for VC if you are an experienced professional.
Good company, but I just needed a change
Best thing about VC was the people. Also I had the opportunity to learn something or do something different everyday. No day was the same.
Flexible work time with all good people
Learned how customer service and smile are important even on-line.
Was the best experience as the work schedule was quite flexible depending on my time schedule.
Ok
Nothing great, I had a bad experience with a manager who came in and cleaned house of the Team Leaders in her department and lied to us. They say most people leave an organization because of their boss and in this case, they were correct.