Virgin Plus

Virgin Plus Employee Reviews

Great pay, but very competitive

They have ridiculous weekly targets to hit. Doing well doesn’t give any job security. Any week you don’t hit your targets, you’ll likely get the sack.

Pros

Good discounts on products and services

Cons

Cut-throat environment

Fun place to work

Interview process was full of pre-made questions. The interviewers were very fun and enjoyable to be around. Even if you’ve never sold anything before, the job will train you to sell like a pro. The work culture was really nice, depending on your manager of course. They go out of their way to be sure that you’re satisfied with your job and that you can perform the best you can. It’s a fantastic place for students, since this was the only company that was able to accommodate for my hours will in college. The coworkers were also fantastic people.

Pros

Discounts on plans, and company events

Cons

Slow days are very hard to survive in

It is very good place to work with colleagues and manager. Everyone is very supportive when you are new/on training. We also have fun with colleagues.

Pros

commission on sale

Cons

stand on feet

Good benefits, poor management

When working at virgin mobile, we were a smaller location in Pembroke and did not receive the same love and attention that other stores got. Which is completely fine. However during Covid they allowed us to be understaffed with only 3 staff because they continuously mistreated their managers, leading to a consistent hire to quit ratio. During Christmas as a student I worked 40 hour weeks although I was a part time staff because of my schooling. They refused to give us a raise or any recognition for keeping the store afloat while they let us overwork ourselves.

Pros

Great benefits and compensation

Cons

Little care for staff well being

Horrible

If you’re looking for a good part time pay and making your own paycheck go for it. Will you enjoy yourself? Probably not. The company has changed since it started and quickly became more and more corporate. The chances of moving up are slim to none unless you’re right up the managers ____. Working here I’ve been forced to lose my own morals and beliefs to satisfy the customer. The managers are not helpful at all and they don’t care about you at the end of the day you’re making someone else’s paycheck. This company has gone down hill and has one of the highest turnover rates I’ve ever seen in a telecom company. This place is horrible and a negative work experience unless you’re a sheep. If you’re a sheep work here you’ll love it. Youll make decent money decent hours if you do happen to have respect for yourself and your own growth leave and run

Pros

Good atmosphere, good pay, good hours

Cons

Bad Managers, Room for advancement is low, Snakey atomosphere. Management and company don’t care about you. You’re just a employee # to them

Ok for now

It's an ok place to work, but if you can find something more in sales that leave a bigger commission that I would suggest that before virgin. It's not much different than other minimum wage jobs. Management will try to convince you otherwise, but your paycheque and the stress you take home from dealing with management and customers is sometimes not worth the pennies they pay.

Fun but lots of challenges

Fun place to work but a ton to do, while under resourced and under appreciated. Constant long hours with very little recognition. They did try to do some fun things to lighten the mood. Would not return.

Productive relaxed and healthy atmosphere

I worked with virgin mobile and I am happy that I was a part of this company. It provides good deals to it's customers at cheap price with maximum benefits.

Pros

Winning games and tickets

Cons

Long hours sometimes without break

Great place to work. Flexible Hours.

I have worked at Virgin Mobile for years and it was my favourite job. The hours are very flexible, it's great for students. Can be stressful at times.

Productive workplace

Such a nice place to work in. Colleagues are amazing. Diverse team. Opportunity to grow within the company. You can have fun while working maintaining professionalism.

boring location

poor management with partiality, not too bad benefits, boring location.. not busy at all. job security is sure, fair pay, work schedule flexible, i enjoyed meeting new people

Busy

Fast paced, good option to work for students. No upward mobility in Ottawa, HQ is in Toronto. Fun team to work with, pay could be better for management.

Great Pay....Company Meh.

Everyday is different, One day your busy all day non-stop other days you only talk to a few members all day. No matter the traffic management will be up your a**. Mobile service in canada is expensive and devices are equally as expensive, either have or get a thick skin people will complain about the littlest thing and become hostile in a second. The pay is not that bad and hours are performance.

Productive and rewarding environment

Great place to work and build connections with your fellow teammates and the members walking through the door, a lot of opportunities for growth. Workplace culture is also quite great with respect to diversity.

Pros

Commission-based

Learn a lot and a very social atmosphere

A great job if you are extrovert also great job of you excell in sales. It definitely helps if you can be both independent and also work well on a team.

Most Enjoyable Aspect of Work

I loved my work environment and the staff I worked with. They were wonderful! I wish I had more hours, but otherwise it was a great experience and I’ll use my sales skills in jobs to come!

Great place to work with lots of great people.

I love working for Virgin Mobile, its a great place to work for those who are in school and need flexible hours. You learn a lot working for Virgin Mobile, you learn how to be with customer service and how to deal with busy periods like Christmas and Black Friday.

Sales Pressure Leads to FRAUD

Pressure to sell insurance with phones, as well as pressure to add tablet lines / extra lines on to each sale leads to unethical practices. Many of the "top performers" from when I worked there were later fired for fraud - literally 5 out of the 6 I know. The 6th quit before he could be fired. These top performers were taken on a free vacation and paid great money before they were busted - Some even promoted to new jobs at Bell. These reps were praised for their high sales numbers, but they were just fraudulently adding tablet lines to customers accounts unknowingly. As an honest and ethical guy, I couldn't stand to watch these people promoted... and ultimately end up working for them as managers. This is why I left the company. I know for a fact this behavior continues to this day, which is very unsettling.

Great job, just not for me

If job culture is important to you, this job is full of it. Everything from team meetings, to goal setting, to all the rah rah cheerleader stuff you could ever want. They have a great benefits plan and a way to get in on Bell shares. But if the idea of 'drinking the kool-aid' turned me right off. Their management style is very involved. I preferred to be given a job and then be left alone with the occasional review. Constant competitive number check ins left me not caring about my numbers. But again, this is a good job if you can get behind all the cheerleadering.

Casual atmosphere

You can pretty much dress the way you want, as long as you are following the protocol the job is not over demanding. Most days run about 30 calls , as a senior call center rep. You have to be able to handle escalations

Virgin is definitely one of my favorite jobs. Some of the best co-workers I've ever had, management is fantastic and the pay is great! They go over and beyond to ensure your success!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Plus. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement