Virgin Mobile Employee Reviews

it's probably fin now.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2019
The environment I worked in at the time was really unhealthy. The management who knew how to motivate staff and get the best results were in the minority and instead the people who were being hired didn't actually have the skills or values that matched what virgin was selling.

The person responsible for hiring them is gone now and as far as I know the environment is a lot better.

So without that environment that caused many of my coworkers mental health to deteriorate to almost life threatening levels.

it was a pretty okay job. They have a minimum amount of hours they're willing to give you which is about 20, everyone gets benefits which is nice because most places don't do that.
you can set up a TFSA and your RRSP and the company has an okay % to match considering it's a minimum wage (plus commission) job.
You get commission off of basically everything you sell, accessories don't really count because in order for it to really show up on your pay cheque you have to have a high accessory attach rate always and you don't get much for it, but you get money for each phone you sell depending on the plan.
They have contests for the employees as incentives and a big yearly top performers thing that's for the whole region. If you get on it you win a trip somewhere.

It is high pressure sales, you have daily, weekly monthly etc. goals but they're not always that difficult to make. You could have one day where you make your week and anything after that goes towards your month (of course you get a new goal the next week but whatever the month is more important than the week.)
  more...

You will have to deal with some ridiculous people, I had someone enter the kiosk screaming at me because I couldn't take his photocopied ID, I had another guy threaten to call my head office and have me fired because I didn't know his facebook password.. You also get some cool people though, I had people bring me coffee or booster juice as a thanks for fixing a problem or getting them a really good deal.
Pros
benefits, work with good people, solid base hours giving some kind of job security.
Cons
hours are based on sales so you might be stuck at 20 hours, you have to deal with angry ppl, if you can't handle high pressure sales it's definitely not for you, they're not as pro mental health as they advertise
environnement fort agréable
Vente et service à la clientèle (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, ON1 February 2019
travail d'équipe
peu de travail physique
vendre avec objectifs
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2019
managing a small kiosk with 6 staff total. keeping up day to day sale requirements . ensuring all proper posters are posted up for the monthly deal. handling payroll and scheduling
Pros
fun place to work at with a great sales team that is motivated
Cons
down time is very slow, not much traffic or sales after major holidays
Environnement saint
Agente du service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Chicoutimi, QC19 January 2019
Très bel environnement de travail, avec des collègues toujours prêt à nous aider dans des situations difficiles et quelques complexes
Can't get away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia10 December 2018
Love the work atmosphere and the people I am surrounded with. Money is good if you work really hard and are at the right location, however in comparison to a lot of other sales jobs, it may not be the best. Can't ever seem to get a proper day off, and when I do, I'm being constantly bombarded by work messages.
Pros
People
Cons
Time and money
virgin
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2018
check ongoing deals and sales, kept all product out and up to date. we would wait for people who would come for help or call, trry to understand and help them. the hardest part was dealing with rude people who were clueless about phones or plans
Virgin Mobile
Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON28 October 2018
I am happy to have gain the experience I did! People are great, Regional Manager is awesome. Lots of pressure whether you are a sales rep or manager. Grateful for my experience.
very fun
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 October 2018
did alot of sale met alot of people. was in a good location, hard work pays off but now room to advance. lots of great benefits and incentives. would recommend it if your beginning in sales. lots to learn there
Pros
incentives
Cons
down time
Fun place to work with great culture
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB30 August 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Virgin Mobile, although chances for advancement were slim to none. The company offers a competitive commission structure as well as benefits and provides sound solution to their clientele.
Pros
Very Casual Dress Code, Great Products
Cons
No Full-Time Positions
Great place to work and gain experience
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON22 June 2018
It has an amazing work environment. Bonding with the team and improving the sales experience. Decent salary. Building clientele was very important to succeeding. You learn to overcome sales obstacles and better oneself in customer service.
Leadership at work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 June 2018
Leadership was amazing- always provided feedback and was willing to help develop you. I wasn't afraid to voice out my opinion and it was welcomed every time i had a suggestion

Most enjoyable - developing my reps and seeing them succeed. I like seeing my reps enjoy their job and gaining life skills to further their opportunities.
Pros
amazing people to work with
Cons
retail hours
enjoyable and driven
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta, Canada13 June 2018
I loved working for virgin mobile in Canada, ran well and treated the employees amazing, always treated their best teams to out of work fun. Set achievable goals.
Pros
environment and pay
Cons
Mall environment
Depends on the person
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2018
This job is a good job who people who are number driven and are not afraid to keep driving. I suffer from anxiety, so I found it to be very tiresome and stressful to keep chasing after monthly targets.

The idea behind the company is good and they try hard to motivate and encourage work culture but does not get executed properly, such as "mandatory" group events when they are not actually mandatory.

People get switched up from stores all the time, so nobody stays at the same place for long. Good if you dislike a certain manager, but bad if you actually like your current manager. Along the same lines, because the manager gets switched so often, it requires constant adapting, and that can get annoying too because management expectations vary.

Good source of income for students, the commission does beef up your paycheque a bit.
Pros
Good income for students, learn a lot about telecommunications
Cons
monthly targets, constantly changing management
private run stores
Sales Person, Bell/ Virgin Mobility (Current Employee) –  Lindsay, ON14 May 2018
Dont.

privately owned dealership stores are not the way to go if you are wanting to work for bell or virgin.. they look out for number one... go corporate
Pros
phone given
Cons
no benefits
Climb the corporate ladder
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 May 2018
If you have the ambition, you can make it big whether by sales or climbing the corporate ladder to become a store manager. Opportunities are always available for you as long as you put the effort in.
Pros
Free Work Phone
Cons
Standing Alot
proactive environment
Représentant en rétention, Escalation (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Was a nice environment to work ,improved how to make first call resolution to avoid repetitive calls and social skills, people are willing to help and are proactive.Management provides coaching sessions for employee one on one.The hardest part of the job speaking with customers that has a language barrier.What i enjoyed the most about the job is the perks, contests and promotion example: (phone upgrade, gift cards , concerts, discounts)
Pros
the perks
Cons
micromanagement
Great place to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
Virgin mobile is an amazing place to work for. It is a sales based environment so there are individualized targets that need to be hit; however, they are very reasonable and you have lots of support to ensure you do all the right things to meet these targets.

Great part-time position for students. Helps you break out of your bubble and develop excellent customer service and interpersonal skills that you can carry with you everywhere you go.

There are also lots of opportunities to move up within the company as long as you are performing and exceeding expectations (which is not very difficult to do). Virgin Mobile really values their employees and enables them to move up and advance from within.
Pros
Great pay (hourly + commission)
Cons
Mostly part-time hours only
Amazing
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON1 March 2018
Amazing benefits and pay structure. Great environment and young staff with lots of energy. If you are ready to bring the energy then this job will be good for you.
put in work
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 January 2018
as long as you hit your target your ok, otherwise pressure from above soon makes you nervous and uncomfortable. it is a high-pressure job as much as any other mobility sales job though however, it is one of the better ones if your planning lingers at the bottom of the pyramid. I personally like my job
Pros
off time, freedom, easy
Cons
unpredictable, job stability, pressure, targets, consumers
Stressful performance based job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary30 November 2017
This company has a decent pay structure but you are constantly under pressure to hit your sales target. The upper management clearly don't care about your well being, the only thing that matters to them is if you are making numbers. I have seen this company transfer people to different locations sometimes without asking. Regional managers for this company don't care about their employees, and they threaten you based on your performance.
Pros
Commission and hourly rate
Cons
Job stress and pressure