Virgin Mobile Canada

Virgin Mobile Canada Employee Reviews

It's an ok place to work, but if you can find something more in sales that leave a bigger commission that I would suggest that before virgin. It's not much different than other minimum wage jobs. Management will try to convince you otherwise, but your paycheque and the stress you take home from dealing with management and customers is sometimes not worth the pennies they pay.
Fun place to work but a ton to do, while under resourced and under appreciated. Constant long hours with very little recognition. They did try to do some fun things to lighten the mood. Would not return.
I worked with virgin mobile and I am happy that I was a part of this company. It provides good deals to it's customers at cheap price with maximum benefits.
Pros
Winning games and tickets
Cons
Long hours sometimes without break
I have worked at Virgin Mobile for years and it was my favourite job. The hours are very flexible, it's great for students. Can be stressful at times.
Such a nice place to work in. Colleagues are amazing. Diverse team. Opportunity to grow within the company. You can have fun while working maintaining professionalism.
poor management with partiality, not too bad benefits, boring location.. not busy at all. job security is sure, fair pay, work schedule flexible, i enjoyed meeting new people
Fast paced, good option to work for students. No upward mobility in Ottawa, HQ is in Toronto. Fun team to work with, pay could be better for management.
Everyday is different, One day your busy all day non-stop other days you only talk to a few members all day. No matter the traffic management will be up your a**. Mobile service in canada is expensive and devices are equally as expensive, either have or get a thick skin people will complain about the littlest thing and become hostile in a second. The pay is not that bad and hours are performance.
Great place to work and build connections with your fellow teammates and the members walking through the door, a lot of opportunities for growth. Workplace culture is also quite great with respect to diversity.
Pros
Commission-based
A great job if you are extrovert also great job of you excell in sales. It definitely helps if you can be both independent and also work well on a team.
I love working for Virgin Mobile, its a great place to work for those who are in school and need flexible hours. You learn a lot working for Virgin Mobile, you learn how to be with customer service and how to deal with busy periods like Christmas and Black Friday.
Pressure to sell insurance with phones, as well as pressure to add tablet lines / extra lines on to each sale leads to unethical practices. Many of the "top performers" from when I worked there were later fired for fraud - literally 5 out of the 6 I know. The 6th quit before he could be fired. These top performers were taken on a free vacation and paid great money before they were busted - Some even promoted to new jobs at Bell. These reps were praised for their high sales numbers, but they were just fraudulently adding tablet lines to customers accounts unknowingly. As an honest and ethical guy, I couldn't stand to watch these people promoted... and ultimately end up working for them as managers. This is why I left the company. I know for a fact this behavior continues to this day, which is very unsettling.
Virgin is definitely one of my favorite jobs. Some of the best co-workers I've ever had, management is fantastic and the pay is great! They go over and beyond to ensure your success!
The employer was fantastic however the customers were too much to deal with. It became very hard to go to work when u know all day long people are gonna be angry with u
I had a good time working at Virgin Mobile. Although the pressure to make sales is quite intense your responsibilities are not too big and not as labor intensive. The commission rate is nice as well and you can actively be on your phone as it's a phone company.
Great company to work for. Great work life balance. Management actually cares about your well being. They take mental health very seriously. It's a relaxed atmosphere
Pros
Great
Cons
Commission pay is great. Management is awesome and they actually care about their employees lol. Lots of opportunities and learning experiences! Fantastic work environment. I definitely recommend!
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Cons
Very nice work environment. I met a lot of interesting people from who I learned a lot over the years. It is a very rewarding job to have especially if you want to work in sale
as stated above this is an excellent part time/student job. Very flexible hours and with commission pays much higher than average retail jobs. For part time it is much harder to get full time hours as there are only so many hours to go around and they seemed to be continually cut back.
Pros
good commission structure, very flexible hours.
Cons
hard to get true full time hours, target based structure, income is very location based.
This job was a great one for a few years, but there isn't any upward mobility if you aren't interested in management and the pay stagnates quickly. The expectations continue to grow despite the industry plateau, and the company treats customers and stakeholders worse each year. Flexible schedules so good for students, but qll development opportunities are being cut.
Pros
Flexible, commission
Cons
No growth opportunities, make you do customer service but don't factor this aspect into evaluating you
The pay is very fair for a student in school working part-time. Like most sales jobs it puts you out of your comfort zone, However you learn to overcome it quickly with the help of good management. Overall great place to work, they provide lots of incentives.
Pros
Lots of contest for employees
Cons
Tough to get consistent a schedule