Virgin Mobile Canada

Virgin Mobile Canada Employee Reviews

Canada187 reviews
boring location
poor management with partiality, not too bad benefits, boring location.. not busy at all. job security is sure, fair pay, work schedule flexible, i enjoyed meeting new people
Busy
Fast paced, good option to work for students. No upward mobility in Ottawa, HQ is in Toronto.

Fun team to work with, pay could be better for management.
Great Pay....Company Meh.
Everyday is different, One day your busy all day non-stop other days you only talk to a few members all day. No matter the traffic management will be up your a**. Mobile service in canada is expensive and devices are equally as expensive, either have or get a thick skin people will complain about the littlest thing and become hostile in a second. The pay is not that bad and hours are performance.
Productive and rewarding environment
Great place to work and build connections with your fellow teammates and the members walking through the door, a lot of opportunities for growth. Workplace culture is also quite great with respect to diversity.
Pros
Commission-based
Learn a lot and a very social atmosphere
A great job if you are extrovert also great job of you excell in sales. It definitely helps if you can be both independent and also work well on a team.
Great place to work with lots of great people.
I love working for Virgin Mobile, its a great place to work for those who are in school and need flexible hours. You learn a lot working for Virgin Mobile, you learn how to be with customer service and how to deal with busy periods like Christmas and Black Friday.
Sales Pressure Leads to FRAUD
Pressure to sell insurance with phones, as well as pressure to add tablet lines / extra lines on to each sale leads to unethical practices. Many of the "top performers" from when I worked there were later fired for fraud - literally 5 out of the 6 I know. The 6th quit before he could be fired. These top performers were taken on a free vacation and paid great money before they were busted - Some even promoted to new jobs at Bell. These reps were praised for their high sales numbers, but they were just fraudulently adding tablet lines to customers accounts unknowingly. As an honest and ethical guy, I couldn't stand to watch these people promoted... and ultimately end up working for them as managers. This is why I left the company. I know for a fact this behavior continues to this day, which is very unsettling.
Virgin is definitely one of my favorite jobs. Some of the best co-workers I've ever had, management is fantastic and the pay is great! They go over and beyond to ensure your success!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Virgin Mobile Canada?
Good
The employer was fantastic however the customers were too much to deal with. It became very hard to go to work when u know all day long people are gonna be angry with u
Good Job!
I had a good time working at Virgin Mobile. Although the pressure to make sales is quite intense your responsibilities are not too big and not as labor intensive.

The commission rate is nice as well and you can actively be on your phone as it's a phone company.
Great company
Great company to work for. Great work life balance. Management actually cares about your well being. They take mental health very seriously.
It's a relaxed atmosphere
Pros
Great
Great company
Commission pay is great. Management is awesome and they actually care about their employees lol. Lots of opportunities and learning experiences! Fantastic work environment. I definitely recommend!
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits
Fun
Very nice work environment. I met a lot of interesting people from who I learned a lot over the years. It is a very rewarding job to have especially if you want to work in sale
Excellent Part Time/Student Job
as stated above this is an excellent part time/student job. Very flexible hours and with commission pays much higher than average retail jobs. For part time it is much harder to get full time hours as there are only so many hours to go around and they seemed to be continually cut back.
Pros
good commission structure, very flexible hours.
Cons
hard to get true full time hours, target based structure, income is very location based.
Was great, but moving in the wrong direction
This job was a great one for a few years, but there isn't any upward mobility if you aren't interested in management and the pay stagnates quickly. The expectations continue to grow despite the industry plateau, and the company treats customers and stakeholders worse each year. Flexible schedules so good for students, but qll development opportunities are being cut.
Pros
Flexible, commission
Cons
No growth opportunities, make you do customer service but don't factor this aspect into evaluating you
Productive and fun environment with the right team
The pay is very fair for a student in school working part-time. Like most sales jobs it puts you out of your comfort zone, However you learn to overcome it quickly with the help of good management. Overall great place to work, they provide lots of incentives.
Pros
Lots of contest for employees
Cons
Tough to get consistent a schedule
great place to work gained lots of knowledge
working at virgin was a great experience . dealing with people on different levels of the spectrum really allows one to develop skills and use them in life.
Fun environment
People are fun to work with, management is really welcoming.
Fun fast paced hands on with wireless devices and customers
Great place if you are good with sales and enjoy working with wireless devices. Great discounts and amazing, friendly and supportive team who is small but strong.
Pros
Commission and salary, shofts flexibility, benefits
Cons
Competive
Wonderful!!
Not going to lie, the best position I've had in my career in customer service/retail. The company was very good at making sure you had all your product knowledge at your fingertips and management was splendid. They all worked with your strengths to find a selling method that would help you close device and accessory sales. They also had a two-day training session for you to attend that helped you get comfortable with your selling method and make it your own when you interact with customers.

Salary was very typical when it comes to retail, a little above minimum wage, but also offered an uncapped commission rate. The more you sold, the more you made. You could easily make 4-digits every two weeks if you closed sales regularly.

Everyone got along and made it so much easier of a transition into the telecommunications industry. They were very much like a family in the sense that everyone had each other's back and had friendships outside of work as well.

Typical day consisted of light cleaning, accepting stock, answering the store phone and helping out members, as well as processing new activation's, upgrades, and general purchases. Staff at other stores often came to the kiosk and chatted when it was slow, which made the work environment that much more enjoyable.

Working in the mall had its downs. If the weather was horrible, there wouldn't be many shoppers in the mall, resulting in a slow day.

You were always scheduled with someone else, so the longest you were alone was about 30 minutes when someone was on their break.

Overall, a very wonderful company
 - more...
Pros
friendly staff, structured training, fun environment, wonderful company
Cons
Slower days resulted in less sales, therefore, less commission made
Dank
Best job I've ever had with the best co-workers around. This won't be the same for everyone but Virgin Mobile treated me well always. I was the top rep one year and won a beautiful full pay trip. I wouldn't be who I am today without the wonderful people I worked with. Thanks for everything my dudes.

Papa Bless
Pros
Easy, pay was good
Cons
Slow at times, pay was at your own pace
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Mobile Canada. Our community is ready to answer.