Virgin Mobile Canada Employee Reviews

Dank
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC11 June 2019
Best job I've ever had with the best co-workers around. This won't be the same for everyone but Virgin Mobile treated me well always. I was the top rep one year and won a beautiful full pay trip. I wouldn't be who I am today without the wonderful people I worked with. Thanks for everything my dudes.

Papa Bless
Pros
Easy, pay was good
Cons
Slow at times, pay was at your own pace
Make sure you work at a busy store
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Hamilton Area31 May 2019
All around not a terrible job, however make sure you don't get stuck at a C/B tier store as you'll generally be bored out of your mind and develop a thousand yard stare.

Get a feeling for your manager as well, as one who micromanages and conforms too closely to what head office would like will have you refreshing for new job openings in the area.
Pros
You have quite a lot of time to read on your phone/learn new skills
Cons
Dull as heck & have to withstand awful marketing
great work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 May 2019
clean and stress free work place, can be slow at times, lunch breaks at 20 minutes is very generous and more than enough time to get quick bite. Manager is very nice to workers
Pros
good lunch breaks
Absolute waste of time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 May 2019
No room for growth in the company. You are stuck as a sales rep until job opportunities pop up but they tend to favour the Bell employees over Virgin. Poor management as well and high turnover.
Pros
Commission
Cons
No growth
Solutions Rep
Retention Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2019
LOVED working here.
Culture was great
Managers were amazing
Team was awesome

If you are looking for fun, play and work all in one, Virgin Mobile was the place to be and it is never a dull moment.
productive, as well as a great experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON2 April 2019
i loved my job at Virgin Mobile. i was trained very well on multiple sales techniques and skills. My manger was fair, as well as very easy going. sales were very well shared throughout everyone, therefore we all succeeded as a team as well as individuals.
Pros
sales skills, flexible hours, good work environment
Cons
not enough hours
Awesome Fun Job
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 March 2019
I was able to develop excellent interpersonal skills in this position and it was a fun job with great perks and benefits. Working as a sales associate for Virgin Mobile gave me the confidence to fruitfully engage with the public in any setting.
Pros
Member benefits
Cons
Promo T shirts
it's probably fin now.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB20 February 2019
The environment I worked in at the time was really unhealthy. The management who knew how to motivate staff and get the best results were in the minority and instead the people who were being hired didn't actually have the skills or values that matched what virgin was selling.

The person responsible for hiring them is gone now and as far as I know the environment is a lot better.

So without that environment that caused many of my coworkers mental health to deteriorate to almost life threatening levels.

it was a pretty okay job. They have a minimum amount of hours they're willing to give you which is about 20, everyone gets benefits which is nice because most places don't do that.
you can set up a TFSA and your RRSP and the company has an okay % to match considering it's a minimum wage (plus commission) job.
You get commission off of basically everything you sell, accessories don't really count because in order for it to really show up on your pay cheque you have to have a high accessory attach rate always and you don't get much for it, but you get money for each phone you sell depending on the plan.
They have contests for the employees as incentives and a big yearly top performers thing that's for the whole region. If you get on it you win a trip somewhere.

It is high pressure sales, you have daily, weekly monthly etc. goals but they're not always that difficult to make. You could have one day where you make your week and anything after that goes towards your month (of course you get a new goal the next week but whatever the month is more important than the week.)
  more...

You will have to deal with some ridiculous people, I had someone enter the kiosk screaming at me because I couldn't take his photocopied ID, I had another guy threaten to call my head office and have me fired because I didn't know his facebook password.. You also get some cool people though, I had people bring me coffee or booster juice as a thanks for fixing a problem or getting them a really good deal.
Pros
benefits, work with good people, solid base hours giving some kind of job security.
Cons
hours are based on sales so you might be stuck at 20 hours, you have to deal with angry ppl, if you can't handle high pressure sales it's definitely not for you, they're not as pro mental health as they advertise
customer service
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2019
Helping customers find a phone plan that worked for them, troubleshooting technical issues, explaining invoices and payments, helping with upgrades and promotions
Okay job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 February 2019
Good workplace culture, competitive pay, and commission. Slow pace and mind-numbing though if you're not in a busy location, and there is harsh management should you not be able to hit your targets.
Great window company to better jobs
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 January 2019
To be honest I have been with this company and bell for the past 6 years, and from my experience with this company while they do preach a great workplace and environment and upholding customer service and one of their main focus its a ruse. They only care if you get them the numbers, and as long as you do that you can keep your job. Out here in Alberta the hierarchy is horrible as if you are not friends with the regional or district managers you wont be climbing up the ladder if at all. As they constantly are promoting staff to management that cannot handle their staff, or their product or sales with any amount of tact or organization the workplace is often chaotic and disorganized while the blame is passed on to someone else.
This is a very simple job but then again it isn't suited for everyone, some who achieve with their numbers here are often caught committing fraud , and while this company like most in the telecommunications numbers is all that matters. Not the customer service or anything of the sorts.

I have seen and trained several great staff here who have gone onto other jobs with much success as this was a great place for a stepping stone into the workforce, but a permanent solution it is not. Trying to achieve a career at Bell/Virgin Mobile will be quite challenging.

What you do at this job is primarily check to see if you can get customers a phone number or a phone, though on the virgin side its more people bringing their own devices and u running a credit check. There is also stocking inventory and doing inventory checks.

Otherwise from what I have
  more... seen over the last few years is mostly people standing around bored.  less
Pros
contribute to educaiton, top preformers trips, 35% discount on personal phone bill with +5GB of data on one line
Cons
high demands, lots of downtime, compition is feirce
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2019
managing a small kiosk with 6 staff total. keeping up day to day sale requirements . ensuring all proper posters are posted up for the monthly deal. handling payroll and scheduling
Pros
fun place to work at with a great sales team that is motivated
Cons
down time is very slow, not much traffic or sales after major holidays
Productive and Fun Work Place
Support & Product Expert (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 January 2019
Had an amazing time working for Bell Canada and Virgin Mobile, which is a subdivision of the major corporate company. Working at Fairview Mall's Kiosk, assisting members on a daily basis in regards to their service with Virgin Mobile was an amazing experience. Working for a year and a half within the company has taught me here new and exciting sales techniques, which are followed by exceptional sales performances. And of course its always a loving team to work with
Fun workplace
SALES CONSULTANT / BELLCANADA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 December 2018
Pretty laid back with good commission structure. Company culture is fun and upbeat with a lot of opportunity to learn the organisational framework and keep in touch with higher management.
Can't get away
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  British Columbia10 December 2018
Love the work atmosphere and the people I am surrounded with. Money is good if you work really hard and are at the right location, however in comparison to a lot of other sales jobs, it may not be the best. Can't ever seem to get a proper day off, and when I do, I'm being constantly bombarded by work messages.
Pros
People
Cons
Time and money
virgin
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2018
check ongoing deals and sales, kept all product out and up to date. we would wait for people who would come for help or call, trry to understand and help them. the hardest part was dealing with rude people who were clueless about phones or plans
Not a great place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK23 November 2018
This location was horrible. We worked in an extremely low traffic mall and were consistently pressured by management outside or work hours to perform at a higher level. Co-workers and customers were the best part of the job.
Pros
Flexible hours
ok
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 November 2018
Good place the team leads are nice..no room for advancement if you are English only feel we are not important there..

they do have a pool room and lunch counter which is very helpful if you forget your lunch...
Pros
salary & benefits
Cons
high pressure for saves and sells
Productive environment
Systems Analyst/ Wireless Problem Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2018
Job work and life balance is a thumbs up, the people are respectful and management is considerate. My role paved a way for more opportunities, and it was easy to receive support from management.
Pros
work remotely
Cons
most positions are contract.
Would Not Recommend
Escalation Resolution Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 October 2018
No room for advancing
Poor Management
Company does not appreciate its employees
Pay is moderate
Poor work environment
Benefits are good
Discount/Perks are good

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Virgin Mobile Canada. Our community is ready to answer.