Vintage Hotels
Vintage Hotels Employee Review

Stay away from Sales

21 March 2018
My experience was mostly through the Sales Department; the office culture is awful, employees are constantly worried about getting yelled at or fired and there's zero mentor-ship and/or teamwork. The turnover is high, and the HR department colludes with upper management so they don't have to be responsible to their employees. There are good people within the company, but the people at the top, in top management, have no sense of positive cooperate culture.
Pros
sales kick backs
Cons
stress levels, expectations, training, office culture
26 May 2019
Same role
Sales Manager (Former Employee) - Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
Hands down the worst place I have worked in a very long time. Office environment is horrible. Cubicles in a stuffy, leaky basement of a old hotel with poor ventilation and space heaters. If you are not willing to become a brainwashed clone stay away. The management sucks, zero support or real training and mole employees stock your social media. Mention a bad day at work online and they will have you fired and escorted from the building in no time instead of getting to the root of the issue. The turnover is high and I can see why.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
18 July 2018
Same role
Sales Manager (Current Employee) - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
I've been with Vintage Hotels for over 6 years and work in the sales department. I've always been paid well and know that this company pays more then other hotels in the area. Along with great pay the company has an excellent savings plan and profit sharing which is very generous! The job is fast paced and very busy, which is why I love it, you definitely aren't bored in this department (even after being here for 6 years I can still say this). Some of the aspects that I enjoy about being with sales department are working with numerous hotels and departments daily, meeting new clients from all over the world, being able to entertain and show clients around the hotels as much as possible, having the support of management to travel and build client relationships (which is integral in any sales role) and having a great team of people to bounce ideas off of and work together allowing you to reach individual and group goals. The company always does their best to promote from within so there is a lot of opportunities to move departments or jobs within your current department. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a beautiful area to come to every day and Vintage Hotels really has amazing properties and services that we can offer our clients making doing sales here a really enjoyable job (I've worked for other hotels that were a hard sell due to locations or not being very nice and this is totally opposite from that). I would highly recommended Vintage Hotels and the sales department if you are looking for a fulfilling sales job that offers a lot of potential for individual and group bonuses and - more...
26 January 2019
Same location
GROUP SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) - |Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Met with clients
- Responded to email / phone calls

- Cultivated new accounts

- Toured properties with clients

- Created and secured contracts

This was a fun place to work for. I could see great potential for growth and advancement. I did not like being limited to a desk. I left this job because I wanted to try another job offer that gave the the freedom to work creatively, outdoors and at the desk.
Pros
Set work schedule
Cons
Limited to a desk