Vintage Hotels Employee Reviews

Cleaning
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON14 May 2019
Cleaning rooms, common areas.
Good costumer service, good management, amazing place to take vacations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to do the best effort to costumer service.
A place where you can grow
GROUP SALES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  |Niagara-on-the-Lake26 January 2019
- Met with clients
- Responded to email / phone calls
- Cultivated new accounts
- Toured properties with clients
- Created and secured contracts

This was a fun place to work for. I could see great potential for growth and advancement. I did not like being limited to a desk. I left this job because I wanted to try another job offer that gave the the freedom to work creatively, outdoors and at the desk.
Pros
Set work schedule
Cons
Limited to a desk
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON15 January 2019
If this job taught me anything it would be that I deserve better. From the stuffy work environment, to the insane dress code and horrible management - this is a place you’ll want to avoid. This entire place is beyond outdated - and I don’t just mean the horrific office decor and ancient computers. The policies are ridiculous (no piercings other than ears, only one ring and one bracelet per hand, close toed shoes, skirts past the knees, etc). Management clearly doesn’t keep up with technology and market trends, especially the head of marketing. Management sticks together and are more or less only there to yell at people all day for no reason. Job culture is horrible and everyone is always miserable. Working for this company is like going back in time 40 years. The fact that they pushed me out the door was truly a blessing.
Cons
No paid lunch, horrible job culture, outdated office, strict dress code
Be aware of fake reviews
server (Former Employee) –  Stratford, ON22 July 2018
Many reviews on here were written by management, so be careful.
I worked at the property in Stratford.
Lots of drama with the boss, drove the good managers away.
The company does some good things such as Visa gift cards and "free meals"

Don't report anything to HR however, if anything , they will protect the senior manager and find a way to push you out the door
Pros
visa gift cards bi annually, profit sharing
Cons
upper management
Great place to work!
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario18 July 2018
I've been with Vintage Hotels for over 6 years and work in the sales department. I've always been paid well and know that this company pays more then other hotels in the area. Along with great pay the company has an excellent savings plan and profit sharing which is very generous! The job is fast paced and very busy, which is why I love it, you definitely aren't bored in this department (even after being here for 6 years I can still say this). Some of the aspects that I enjoy about being with sales department are working with numerous hotels and departments daily, meeting new clients from all over the world, being able to entertain and show clients around the hotels as much as possible, having the support of management to travel and build client relationships (which is integral in any sales role) and having a great team of people to bounce ideas off of and work together allowing you to reach individual and group goals. The company always does their best to promote from within so there is a lot of opportunities to move departments or jobs within your current department. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a beautiful area to come to every day and Vintage Hotels really has amazing properties and services that we can offer our clients making doing sales here a really enjoyable job (I've worked for other hotels that were a hard sell due to locations or not being very nice and this is totally opposite from that). I would highly recommended Vintage Hotels and the sales department if you are looking for a fulfilling sales job that offers a lot of potential for individual and group bonuses and  more... opportunities to excel within the company. A lot of sales departments have high turnover but I am happy to say that my colleagues and I have all been here for a quite some time and I know that I will continue to be part of this team for many years to come.  less
Overall, a good place to work
Maintenance Utility (Current Employee) –  Niagara On the Lake, ON22 June 2018
While the specifics of day to day job responsibilities change, there is definitely consistency in the role. There is potential for miscommunication when multiple departments are involved in a project, however they are usually resolved without issue.
The benefits are pretty great in terms of periodic incentives, like prepaid credit cards, profit sharing, staff appreciation lunches; and everyday things like free lunch, health benefits.
No job is absolutely perfect, but Vintage Hotels is one of the few places where team work is a must and coworkers are often seen helping each other to maintain a strong, positive experience for our Guests.
Pros
Free lunches, paid breaks, benefits, decent pay
Cons
Hours fluctuate, so often hard to make plans outside of work, or see family if you have young children.
Best Hotels in Niagara
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Queen's Landing21 June 2018
Vintage Hotels is a great company to work for, the managers at Queen's Landing organized an outdoor BBQ for the entire team this week to kick off the season and we were just payed out profit sharing on top of our regular pay. I love these hotels!!
Pros
Great Culture
The Best
Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON7 June 2018
I have worked in hospitality for many years for a few companies. This company is the best!
They sincerely care about their guests and their team members!
*competitive wages
*promotion from within
*free lunches
*profit sharing
*Visa gift cards earned if we hit our guest survey targets
*lots of departmental incentives
*family summer picnics/Christmas Party/Kids Christmas Party
*staff discounts
*soccer and baseball games
*owner constantly putting back into properties
*company is growing and lots of room for advancement

I am proud to work here as are my colleagues!
Pros
A great work environment
Cons
None worth talking about
Stay away from Sales
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Niagara, ON21 March 2018
My experience was mostly through the Sales Department; the office culture is awful, employees are constantly worried about getting yelled at or fired and there's zero mentor-ship and/or teamwork. The turnover is high, and the HR department colludes with upper management so they don't have to be responsible to their employees. There are good people within the company, but the people at the top, in top management, have no sense of positive cooperate culture.
Pros
sales kick backs
Cons
stress levels, expectations, training, office culture
Miss This Group
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON6 November 2017
This job started at my college co-op and i was thrilled when i was able to stay and work beyond the required amount of time. A truly beautiful area to work and a great company to work for.
Productive and a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON8 September 2017
Great company to work for, if you are willing to learn you can learn from several trained professionals in many different fields. From breakfast to dinner from banquets and weddings.
Low Pay and Management are very under Qualified
Maintenance Utility (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON26 July 2017
I was lucky enough to get put on days. The wages are low for a multi million dollar Corporation. You are expected to do a lot for low pay and not ask questions. Management is very under qualified and did not care about staff just the bottom dollar and saving $$ so they get a good xmas bonus and raises.

The so called free lunch is disgusting, it was usually cold breakfast thats been sitting out for hours, or it was carbs and pasta that was usually undercooked. I get that it is free but come on people in soup kitchens eat better than that! The only good days were if there was a wedding the night before than we got the left overs which were decent like steak or prime rib BUT this was maybe once a month if that.

My Co-workers were great but there was no way for advancement just the way it was.

***The best thing about this job was that in the summer when we up sold and were very profitable we would receive pre paid master cards where the value was anywhere from $30.00-95.00 it was a nice little bonus but again usually on in the summer when the Hotel was making hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Pros
Co-workers, prepaid mastercards
Cons
Management, Free lunch, Wage
Favouritism and nepotism at its finest.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  NOTL14 June 2017
Worked for Vintage for a few years, the job it's self I enjoyed however management is very petty and spiteful towards workers at the location I was in. They allowing bullying to go on from all aspects; between workers, from management to workers and between departments. There is an unhealthy amount of favouritism that happens within the kitchen and when complaints are raised they are either ignored or the complainant is disciplined for an imaginary issue. Fortunately they're are a few gems within the department that make it bearable but not enough to lift the atmosphere of the whole place.
Pros
Slightly higher pay
Cons
No appreciation
First Service goal.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON9 June 2017
Developed a floor plan with the reservations on the book for serves to prepare and deliver an excellent services.
Improved communication skills.
The workplace culture is very welcoming, professional and hard worker.
Fun place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON14 May 2017
It's a great working environment, with great staff. There is a lot of perks of working at Vintage hotels for example free yearly stays and employee of the month is a great perk.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
lots of hours or no hours
Love my job
Server (Current Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 January 2017
Work with great people
My manager cares about me and takes an interest
Customers are awesome
I get recognized for a job well done
Have fun
Pros
Benefits, perks, free night stays, 50% off meals
Cons
Working weekends
Fun place to work
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON30 December 2016
Sales team was inviting and friendly. Work-life balance was fair in the sales/marketing department. This was an internship but would consider going back to work permanent full-time if position with desired salary became available.
Terrible salaries 👎
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2016
This is the worse company to work for in Niagara Region. They expect a lot of experience and expertise and pay terrible salaries. Give me a break!!! IT Technician job posting offers $33, 000 in salary and Vintage wants 3 years experience.

That is an insult to an experienced mid-professional .

Don't even bother ...
Pros
Nothing outstanding
Cons
Many
Not real reviews!!!!
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lounge29 September 2016
The 6 reviews written are not by real employees! Guaranteed!!! Horrifying management, equally horrifying co-workers. They are getting the right reputation to have to fudge reviews! Only newbies to the industry or near homeless people would resort to working there!
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
List too long
Awesome place to work
Spa Reservation (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON17 September 2016
I loved the difference between the 3 properties. There was never a dull moment. Met a lot of people from all over the world. Great experience
Pros
hours
Cons
moved away

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vintage Hotels. Our community is ready to answer.