Vintage Hotels

Vintage Hotels Employee Reviews

Canada33 reviews
Busy place with a good team/work atmosphere. Flexible hours with a great work environment.
If moving to the area and are strong in customer service I would reccomend
Stressful
Fast paced but not provided proper tools for work. Physically stressful with little help from management. Even for young workers it is tolling on the body.
Horrific
A few years ago I worked as a busser at one of the properties and my experience was horrendous.

The management treated the bussers specifically like slaves , as we were responsible for most of the duties in the dining room that did not involve cooking. Most of us were 16 year olds working as much as we could outside of school and on the weekends.

That being said, we were expected to run around until our feet would bleed, and we were sweating buckets. I suffer with asthma and I stopped for a moment to catch my breath and was mocked for “huffing and puffing.” By upper management. We also had to work long banquet shifts and I was not told when my shifts would end. I was eager to work although If I had school the next day I would ask my end time to arrange a ride home from a parent. I would get screamed at and made to stay longer if I asked this question. Management would also ask for everyone’s tips than illegally take a portion out for themselves, as they felt entitled to everyone else’s hard earned tips for being on duty. They also had us wear pins that reflected the company logo. At times it would fall off and I would be threatened and screamed at by a family member of the owner.

If a knife was a few degrees of place on the table I was screamed at and belittled in front of guests. Whenever I would stop to have a drink of water I was screamed at by management, this happened so often I would have mental breakdowns at work and eventually left.

On top of the disgusting treatment the gift cards or pre paid visas that were given, only were given to staff with certain longevity
 - more...
Competitive Environment, No opportunity for advancement
The environment can be fun and challenging however, there is no opportunity for advancement. This used to be a great place to work however, serious decline in employees over the last few years. A lot of problems are due to poor management and human resources.
Fun work environment
quick paced, yet comfortable. friendly staff and management. thoroughly enjoy working here. great room for advancement within the company. enthusiastic workplace culture.
Great place to start, but not stay
My department was filled with great people however management does not communicate properly to their staff. I think in order for staff to fully enjoy their work experience, they need to have a work life balance and feel heard rather than pushed to the side.
Horrible Environment
Hands down the worst place I have worked in a very long time. Office environment is horrible. Cubicles in a stuffy, leaky basement of a old hotel with poor ventilation and space heaters. If you are not willing to become a brainwashed clone stay away. The management sucks, zero support or real training and mole employees stock your social media. Mention a bad day at work online and they will have you fired and escorted from the building in no time instead of getting to the root of the issue. The turnover is high and I can see why.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Cleaning
Cleaning rooms, common areas.
Good costumer service, good management, amazing place to take vacations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to do the best effort to costumer service.
good place
lovely people to work with at all vintage hotel properties.
The have the best managers that make the work environment the best as workers but also for the experience of the guests that come
A place where you can grow
- Met with clients
- Responded to email / phone calls

- Cultivated new accounts

- Toured properties with clients

- Created and secured contracts

This was a fun place to work for. I could see great potential for growth and advancement. I did not like being limited to a desk. I left this job because I wanted to try another job offer that gave the the freedom to work creatively, outdoors and at the desk.
Pros
Set work schedule
Cons
Limited to a desk
If this job taught me anything it would be that I deserve better. From the stuffy work environment, to the insane dress code and horrible management - this is a place you’ll want to avoid. This entire place is beyond outdated - and I don’t just mean the horrific office decor and ancient computers. The policies are ridiculous (no piercings other than ears, only one ring and one bracelet per hand, close toed shoes, skirts past the knees, etc). Management clearly doesn’t keep up with technology and market trends, especially the head of marketing. Management sticks together and are more or less only there to yell at people all day for no reason. Job culture is horrible and everyone is always miserable. Working for this company is like going back in time 40 years. The fact that they pushed me out the door was truly a blessing.
Cons
No paid lunch, horrible job culture, outdated office, strict dress code
Be aware of fake reviews
Many reviews on here were written by management, so be careful.
I worked at the property in Stratford.

Lots of drama with the boss, drove the good managers away.

The company does some good things such as Visa gift cards and "free meals"

Don't report anything to HR however, if anything , they will protect the senior manager and find a way to push you out the door
Pros
visa gift cards bi annually, profit sharing
Cons
upper management
Great place to work!
I've been with Vintage Hotels for over 6 years and work in the sales department. I've always been paid well and know that this company pays more then other hotels in the area. Along with great pay the company has an excellent savings plan and profit sharing which is very generous! The job is fast paced and very busy, which is why I love it, you definitely aren't bored in this department (even after being here for 6 years I can still say this). Some of the aspects that I enjoy about being with sales department are working with numerous hotels and departments daily, meeting new clients from all over the world, being able to entertain and show clients around the hotels as much as possible, having the support of management to travel and build client relationships (which is integral in any sales role) and having a great team of people to bounce ideas off of and work together allowing you to reach individual and group goals. The company always does their best to promote from within so there is a lot of opportunities to move departments or jobs within your current department. Niagara-on-the-Lake is a beautiful area to come to every day and Vintage Hotels really has amazing properties and services that we can offer our clients making doing sales here a really enjoyable job (I've worked for other hotels that were a hard sell due to locations or not being very nice and this is totally opposite from that). I would highly recommended Vintage Hotels and the sales department if you are looking for a fulfilling sales job that offers a lot of potential for individual and group bonuses and - more...
Overall, a good place to work
While the specifics of day to day job responsibilities change, there is definitely consistency in the role. There is potential for miscommunication when multiple departments are involved in a project, however they are usually resolved without issue.
The benefits are pretty great in terms of periodic incentives, like prepaid credit cards, profit sharing, staff appreciation lunches; and everyday things like free lunch, health benefits.

No job is absolutely perfect, but Vintage Hotels is one of the few places where team work is a must and coworkers are often seen helping each other to maintain a strong, positive experience for our Guests.
Pros
Free lunches, paid breaks, benefits, decent pay
Cons
Hours fluctuate, so often hard to make plans outside of work, or see family if you have young children.
Best Hotels in Niagara
Vintage Hotels is a great company to work for, the managers at Queen's Landing organized an outdoor BBQ for the entire team this week to kick off the season and we were just payed out profit sharing on top of our regular pay. I love these hotels!!
Pros
Great Culture
The Best
I have worked in hospitality for many years for a few companies. This company is the best!
They sincerely care about their guests and their team members!

*competitive wages

*promotion from within

*free lunches

*profit sharing

*Visa gift cards earned if we hit our guest survey targets

*lots of departmental incentives

*family summer picnics/Christmas Party/Kids Christmas Party

*staff discounts

*soccer and baseball games

*owner constantly putting back into properties

*company is growing and lots of room for advancement

I am proud to work here as are my colleagues!
Pros
A great work environment
Cons
None worth talking about
Stay away from Sales
My experience was mostly through the Sales Department; the office culture is awful, employees are constantly worried about getting yelled at or fired and there's zero mentor-ship and/or teamwork. The turnover is high, and the HR department colludes with upper management so they don't have to be responsible to their employees. There are good people within the company, but the people at the top, in top management, have no sense of positive cooperate culture.
Pros
sales kick backs
Cons
stress levels, expectations, training, office culture
Miss This Group
This job started at my college co-op and i was thrilled when i was able to stay and work beyond the required amount of time. A truly beautiful area to work and a great company to work for.
Productive and a great place to work
Great company to work for, if you are willing to learn you can learn from several trained professionals in many different fields. From breakfast to dinner from banquets and weddings.
Low Pay and Management are very under Qualified
I was lucky enough to get put on days. The wages are low for a multi million dollar Corporation. You are expected to do a lot for low pay and not ask questions. Management is very under qualified and did not care about staff just the bottom dollar and saving $$ so they get a good xmas bonus and raises.

The so called free lunch is disgusting, it was usually cold breakfast thats been sitting out for hours, or it was carbs and pasta that was usually undercooked. I get that it is free but come on people in soup kitchens eat better than that! The only good days were if there was a wedding the night before than we got the left overs which were decent like steak or prime rib BUT this was maybe once a month if that.

My Co-workers were great but there was no way for advancement just the way it was.

***The best thing about this job was that in the summer when we up sold and were very profitable we would receive pre paid master cards where the value was anywhere from $30.00-95.00 it was a nice little bonus but again usually on in the summer when the Hotel was making hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Pros
Co-workers, prepaid mastercards
Cons
Management, Free lunch, Wage
Favouritism and nepotism at its finest.
Worked for Vintage for a few years, the job it's self I enjoyed however management is very petty and spiteful towards workers at the location I was in. They allowing bullying to go on from all aspects; between workers, from management to workers and between departments. There is an unhealthy amount of favouritism that happens within the kitchen and when complaints are raised they are either ignored or the complainant is disciplined for an imaginary issue. Fortunately they're are a few gems within the department that make it bearable but not enough to lift the atmosphere of the whole place.
Pros
Slightly higher pay
Cons
No appreciation