Vincent Massey Academy

Vincent Massey Academy Employee Reviews

Energetic and friendly staff and fun children

VM is a large daycare centre with many children and families. The atmosphere is pleasant. The kids are rewarding, smart and make you smile daily.

Pros

Laughter

Cons

Large Centre

Excellent work environment/ Awesome management

It's a privileged to become part of VMA team. It's heavy heart to leave the place that showed you a lot of cares and appreciations. The management is awesome. They are very welcoming and helpful. They try to work with everyone to create a balance treatment among their employees. Everything was organized and classrooms were set up nicely for the children to have a meaningful learning experiences. I can't express enough how greatful I am for all the opportunities that VMA had given me. I am looking forward to work with VMA again in the future.

Pros

Good salary, enough time for writing your program plan

The Best Reggio School in Toronto!!

I have recently been offered a full-time RECE position at VMA after being a supply teacher for several months. Once you work as a supply teacher, you can be fast-tracked into an RECE position. I was hesitant to leave a full-time teaching position to work as a supply, but it was necessary to understand how to teach using a Reggio philosophy. I am in love with this teaching philosophy, as it is a lifelong teaching journey with endless possibilities. VMA provides 2-3 hours per week of programming time to allow Reggio to flourish in the classrooms (I was forced to do this at home, often unpaid at my previous job). VMA is a leader in this field and I am very excited to grow as a teacher here.

Pros

More than double the amount of program time at other centres, incorporates Reggio very well, high starting salary

Collaborative workplace with great staff and families

Working at Vincent Massey was a growth experience where I learned a lot from very talented teachers and management. They implement a Reggio Inspired curriculum which holds children at the core as capable, curious learners. The programs and programming are very high quality and you get paid prep time. It is a really great team environment to work in every day.

Pros

Great community feel

Cons

Exhausted at the end of the day but on par for the field

Wonderful place to work

A progressive early learning school. The school is very big with two campuses, lots of room for growth and ability to teach with different age groups. Management is very approachable, and always providing in- house training for staff to further develop their skills. The classrooms are very big, lots of natural light and resources in each class. The school is extremely well run and has a wonderful reputation in the community.

Cons

Took a little while to fully understand the Reggio teaching expectations

Excellent School with Immense Growth Potential

I began working at Vincent Massey Academy in a supply teaching position while completing my ECE program. Vincent Massey allowed me to create my own schedule by providing shifts that worked around my school schedule. Whenever I needed extended periods of time off due to my school load, this was never an issue.Since receiving my RECE designation, I have been promoted into an RECE position in my own classroom that follows the Reggio Emilia philosophy. While the company normally requires 2 years of experience to be considered for this position, I was able to be fast-tracked into this position due to my previous work in the supply role. The management team continues to be extremely supportive, even more so in light of COVID-19 with the many safety regulations in place. I always feel I can discuss any issue with my manager and my concerns are taken seriously.

Pros

Opportunities for growth, above average pay, career development, supportive management

Cons

Days are busy and can be tiring, but expected in this field

children and families are the best.

Shifts are set shifts so you get the same shift everyday. Management takes a while to address any employess concerns Curriculum is good Reggio emilia.

Pros

Great Families and children, classrooms are big.

Cons

Toxic work environment, gossip, no room for growth, made to go into work sick until coverage can be found, very unprofessional managment that doesnt care about their employess feelings at all.

Fun Activities

They have a nice location and the building is very welcoming and they have a lot of toys and resources for the kids so they can be entertained and grow.

Private Workplace

Interesting curriculum Very knowledgeable staff Great work environment Very organized and established early childhood program Amazing families Limited opportunity for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vincent Massey Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement