Vince's Market

Vince's Market Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews

managementgoodjobworkcoworkersemployeeworkinggreat

Not for long term

Favoritism is quite obvious here, and your ideas won't go far. But you'll work with a great bunch of people here. Just be careful who you talk to when you're complaining about anything.

Pros

Great coworkers, good location

Cons

No room for growth, favoritism

Rules are for some and not others.

Not all employees are treated fairly. HR is a joke. I f you have a problem keep it to yourself . Just do your job and go home, not a company you want to invest a lot of time in.

Pros

Cons

When asked a question they only want the answer that they want to hear

Insights into Vince's Market

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Every job has ups and downs. Just depends on who you work with!

Every job has its highs and lows.There are 2 owners and both are working out of Sharon store. One is super friendly while the other can be stern. He wants the store to be the best it can be.Here you'll make friends and have a kind atmosphere to work in. Great as a starter job if you don't want to work fast food!

Pros

- Friendly atmosphere - yearly Christmas parry - flexible hours

Cons

sometimes there's rude customers, work is long hours on your feet, can be super busy or dead depending on the time of day

Stressful and way too demanding from department manager at that time which affected the workplace culture.

I enjoyed working in my department very much however, management within that department proved to be a disappointment which made for a negative vibe and a stressful atmosphere every day. Although under different circumstances it might have been a different experience.

terrible

nothing good. all bad. no respect anywhere. workers even bad mouth each other behind their backs. .

Pros

nothing

Cons

100% everything

Stay away

I was hired on as a full time cashier. Was promised 30-40 scheduled hours a week. After my first week, I received no more than 20 scheduled hours per week. Manager and team lead were constantly texting and calling to come in on days off. Didn’t realize full time meant part time hours with an expectation to cover shifts. The training I received was horrible. Managers pick clear favourites and allow them to do whatever they want, even if it means leaving halfway through a shift during a busy rush because you can. Stay far away. Its not worth losing your sanity over a job.

Pros

Absolutely nothing

Cons

Everything!!

Fun job for beginners, management was bad.

I worked in the Bakery and it was my first real job, I was very excited. I enjoyed working there for the first 9 months then all the part timers quit so I was working almost everyday (I was 14 at the time of hire), manager was rude (never said Thankyou for doing extra work, never asked before adding another shift to the schedule, would tell you to do something as your shift was over, would yell a lot). People you work with are amazing, pay is minimum wage but they let you have free treats and goods. Get to learn how to decorate cakes, cupcakes, cannolis etc. Mostly would close alone which would be boring at times but was a lot of fun to just mess around with the other workers and just make baked foods.Fun job overall.

Pros

Free snacks, fun job, shifts felt short, people are nice, interesting work.

Cons

Management.

Great Place to Work

Really enjoyed working here, would still be there today if my parents didn't have to move for work. Friendly coworkers and management. Clean working areas and owners take great pride in their business. Flexible hours and good pay.

Pros

Friendly staff, good pay, clean environment

Workplace Culture

If you are out of college/high school, then this is a great place to work. The age gaps at each establishment create personal bias between the workers and sometimes lead to sour relationships.

Work place sucks

I worked in the Tottenham location and it was awful. Supervisor made me work alone after a 2 week break even though I told her i was uncomfortable with it only to be fired the next day. I trained my replacement.... I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. $14 an hour is not worth you being treated like dirt, having customers yell at you, your coworkers getting mad when they have to look after your station while you're on break.

Dont work here

The management in my area was lacking. Limited training was provided. Unsafe environment. Other staff would blame people for things even if it wasnt them. Very caddy environment encouraged by management. Was happy to quit!

Unfair and Unreasonable

Not paid or treated fairly for the amount of work expected to be done. Very unclean works areas. Management cares very little for the employees. Most equipment is broken.

Inconsistent

New manager in the department I started at wanted everything changed and updated. I agreed with them as it was needed within the department, as I would offer my assistance the manager didn't take it. I offered to come in for those last minute shifts when people called in as my commute was less than the managers. I was already doing shift independently in the early mornings. When I would go in for my schedule shift the manager of the department would complain about being there night and day and not having a life outside of work. One day the manager came in when she wasn't schedule and I had done everything for the routine and I checked with the manager for anything else I could do, mark downs, expiry dates ect. the workplace wassanitized and cleaned and the manager went upstairs and fired the person I had worked with all morning and not ten minutes later let me go. The manager in the room as HR discussing with me how the week would go, the manager was biting their nails in regret and as I see now they're hiring in the department once again. Maybe find a new manger with in that department that will let other people have a job in the workplace.

An awful place to work, with no respect to employees.

On multiply occasions I have been yelled at for anything and everything by my supervisors. Screamed at, called stupid, asked how I even got into university, and more. Human resources does not care, management laughs and says it's just how it is, there is no solution to this problem. There are no employee benefits and no raises.

Productive and Fun place to work

I enjoyed working at VInce's Market. I was able to learn a variety of the different foods, brands and alcoholic beverages. I was also able to work successfully in a fast-paced team environment which i thoroughly enjoyed. The management and co-workers were very friendly and made my experience at the store fun and positive.

Pros

Store Discount

Awful, Stay Away

Breaks were made to be taken two hours into shift, leaving you to work 4.5-5 hours without a break. Awful management, shady business practices. Expired products being served to customers.

Pros

Staff, Customers

Cons

Management, Breaks, Pay, Treatment

Don't Work Here

They employ a lot of high school students and you would think the managers were in high school as well. Its a bad work environment and I would not recommend wasting your time.

Please do not shop there!!!!!

The Sharon location I worked in the basement preparing food. I have never worked in a more filthy, fly infested environment in my whole working career it would the norm to have a few flyes on you or about your face while working. I have no idea how they could pass a health inspection!!! My co-workers were good people and that I enjoyed but the overwhelming toxic environment was something I had never experienced before. The amount of complaining about management and owners never ended, as for the owners 1 was always angry and the other 2 seemed very shady. The new staff turnover rate was high and it was not uncommon that if management did not like you your shifts were reduced. The office staff for the most part were not to friendly. As for the prepared food we constantly had various management and owner sampling the food and then wanting changes made, there was not standard recipe for us to follow it made very frustrating, to many Chiefs. If product was past due I was still expected use it even meat products!!! They would ship from the other two stores there past due meats and place them in the large walk in freezer. There was so much invetory in boxes stacked up that the boxes in the center of these piles never froze. I witnessed frozen baguettes being thrown out of the freeze to the ground, I thought they must have freezer burn and to be pitched out, Nope the baker picked them up and headed back up stairs, the floors in the basement were filthy, I also saw a cart of assorted breads for catering land on that same basement floor only to be picked up and used. My thoughts were -

Pros

Cons

Many

made friends while i was there but management did me dirty right after i trained my second guy by firing me and giving absolutely no reason why.

A typical day at work includes packaging many meats and cleaning a lot of the things we used. the hardest part of the job was figuring out what to do for the remainder of my shift after finishing what i was supposed to do and then doing more.

Pros

easy job

Cons

no benefits

Independency is important

I enjoyed working at Vince's Market because I mostly get to be independent with my work. It gave me the opportunity to have my time management flexible.

Pros

Friendly management

Cons

Lots of hours. Other associates aren't willing to do their work.

Decent pay, poor shift scheduling

The pay was decent. The staff was friendly enough. You only got your shift schedule 2-3 days in advance. The shifts were very unpredictable. Under-staffed in peak seasons during busy times. It was overall just OK.

Pros

Discount sandwiches

Cons

Short notice for schedule

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vince's Market. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement