Village Pharmacy Employee Reviews

Don't do it.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Syosset, NY15 June 2019
I worked here for 4 months as a "cashier." All the employees are nasty and bitter. The manager makes you do EVERYTHING from bringing stuff to and from the basement all day, to slaving around the store to work 2 registers, one of which is a hunk of trash from the 1980's. They love to cut corners and make your job very tedious and stressful as they will forget to restock pill vials and then order every single type that will all come in on the same day, so you will have to stand at the front register and twist these cheap vials together for hours even days on end leaving your hands throbbing. They offer no breaks (not even a lunch break) which is surprisingly fitting since the store is either dead or spontaneously packed. There is no in-between. You better have strong legs because they also like to have you stand all day long despite there being not much to do, and when you do decide to make the mistake of trying to rest for a couple minutes EVERY other employee gives you nasty looks and get sour regardless of them getting payed more to do what they went to school for and obviously get paid more than you to do. If you smoke cigarettes or vape you're in trouble because they do not care, you're stuck waiting for an opportune moment to sneak out for one (and God help you if you get caught.) A big part of the job is also fetching customers' prescriptions which are almost never completed or have had an issue in being completed 95% of the time, it can be very frustrating. For $14 an hour the job isn't the worst if you have no standards or are in highschool or early college. They give  more... you a nice employee discount on all the medication and garbage that they have around the store (which rarely sells.) On a scale from 1-10 I give this job a 3 since the pay was decent for New York and no experience needed.  less
Pros
Employee discounts on all merchandise and medication.
Cons
No breaks, tedious work, toxic coworkers, late pay, demanding physical ability.
community based pharmacy that tried to meet the needs of the rural area served
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Coffeeville, AL27 August 2018
nice up to date pharmacy serving a rural area providing products and services not available at other business in the area. new building erected in 2010 to better serve area with better location and larger floor space for more services/products. business was purchased by chain pharmacy in 2010 and closed
Pros
nice facility, offered customer charge accounts, dme accrediation
Cons
rural location, not much potential growth due to location
Fun Working Environment
Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Knysna, Western Cape4 June 2018
Great Learning Experience gained in a small town. Excellent Management team who motivate the staff everyday. Being exposed to various pharmaceutical and clinical experiences which is required within the pharmaceutical sector for growth
Pros
Training
Cons
Long Hours
Was a great job but its closing
PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Hastings, NE13 December 2017
Long-term care unit dose pharmacy. Unfortunately due to contracts had to close. Would't be leaving, but have to. Enjoyed the consulting aspect of this job.
Great place
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lansing, IL30 August 2017
It was a great place to work. I worked there for 5 years until it closed. It was a nice neighborhood pharmacy that was enjoyed by the community. Sorry it closed I loved working there.
Cozy and inviting.
Compounding Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Maryville, TN7 June 2016
I have learned a lot here. Co-workers and management are nice, helpful, and friendly. It is a fast paced environment. Lots of quick deadlines.
Pros
Paid lunch breaks, friendly environment, great discounts
Cons
Insurance not greatest, sometimes stressful
Wonderful Place To Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ozark, AR19 May 2016
I had a great time working for you guys, Anyone would be lucky. Great time, great learning experience. Very helpful to help you with your schedule if you are in college.
Advertising Consultant/Tech
Advertising Consultant and Tech (Current Employee) –  Bessemer, PA and New Middletown, OH16 January 2016
Village Pharmacy has taught me a lot about medications and Insurance policies.
When I can I work on advertising for the Pharmacies. Lately we've been working on telling the public about our websites and facebook pages. We've started a campaign for it and have been working print ads to attach to the bags that go out.

The customers are the best part of my day. Whether they are sick or not, they are normally pleasant and kind.
The hardest part of my day is all the standing I do. We are working and moving from the moment we get there.
We have two shipments that come in everyday. It's our job to unload, price and put away these products.
Pros
Helping people and I get to use my advertising abilities.
Cons
My feet and legs sometimes ache from the type of flooring we stand on.
Truly enjoyed this position
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  central square ny23 October 2015
While working here i got the opportunity to work alongside an amazing team with great personality's. I absolutely loved this job and would do it again in a heart beat. This pharmacy goes above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to there customers.
Challenging
Pre-registration pharmacist (Current Employee) –  London3 September 2015
A very busy pharmacy that keeps patients at its very core. Good customer care and technical aspects of running will be drilled into you. Management is tough but that is needed to run the business. Co-workers are a mixture and lovely. The hardest part is pleasing everyone, ranging from customers to staff and management was difficult. But because of the diversity, everyone's contribution to the team made the experience good.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Long hours, unsatisfying feeling, management
Great co-workers and everyone was really helpfull.
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Mateo24 July 2015
I had a great mentor there. Everyone was fun to work with and really supportive while I was working and going to school.Everyone who works there always helping each other, and really fun group of people to work with.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
Dealing with palliative care patient is challenging
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ENG11 April 2015
The Management style is very good and those that i worked with were very helpful and nice.the most enjoyable part is the delivery
great workplace environmemt
Cashier/deliver driver (Former Employee) –  Ozark, AR8 April 2013
The owners are very nice. Great job experience. Loved it. It was overall an easy job to do. I learned how to gift wrap for customers, use a cash register, insert insurance numbers in the computer and how to write up personal charge accounts and take payments on the accounts. Co-workers was easy to go to if i had a question or a problem i couldnt figure out. I loved working with the customers.
Pros
great job
Cons
no breaks
Village Pharmacy
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN, MED. BILLING (Former Employee) –  Lynnfield, MA14 February 2013
Most of my time, at this job, was most enjoyable. It was located in a small town, where we knew all the customers, it was friendly, casual and happy workplace. There were some conflicts, as it was a "family run" business, and there were some "internal conflicts", between family members,that were my friends, so this would become bothersome, at times. I would feel like I got "caught in the middle of family issues", at times? As I was friends, as well as a co-worker. After many years, of living and working in this small town, I was getting a divorce, and this interfered with work, and there was a "misunderstanding, of sorts?", and we parted ways. But as a whole, the experience of working there was fulfilling, demanding, but I worked hard, overtime, without compensation, and took pride in my work.
Pros
eventually pay inreases, and some benefits
Cons
"family turmoil", among employess, family run business, hipaa violations
Friendly atmosphere, enjoyable co-workers
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Leavenworth, WA30 October 2012
The management is great, flexible hours... always willing to work with you to help you suceed. Mainly a tourist town, but contains considerably loyal locals. The hardest part is keeping busy during the slow seasons. This small town business has taught me practically everything I know from register training to billing and filling prescriptions to exceptional customer service.
Pros
always food/lunch available to those without
Cons
shorter breaks and tourists
Loved it
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Portales, NM2 October 2012
Great owners, wonderful coworkers, I wouldn't have left if my husband wasn't PCS'd else where.