Villa Charities Inc. Employee Reviews

Colombus Centre -Daycares/ Aftercare Program
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Aftercare program10 April 2018
Management does not seem to take into account the well-being of it's employees as there are numerous problems with lack of accountability. Despite there being many affectionate and well-meaning ECE's, the aftercare program has many extreme behaviours with the children that the Supervisor seems not to address at which point the weight of some very serious (physically violent at times) situations fall onto the staff. I would caution working at this location (aftercare specifically). Seems like management want enrolment, no questions from staff. I personally had to go on WSIB from an injury I incurred and once I complained and tried to ask questions and make changes as far as more staff training for extreme behaviours, I was fired. Looks like they're constantly hiring for the Supervisor position. Caution.
Pros
Fair salary
Cons
Extreme children behaviours unmentioned and lack of support for staff.
Official response from Villa Charities Inc.
23 April 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with us. At VCI we take the well-being and safety of all of our employees very seriously.

The HR Department encourages employees to speak with their leaders or HR Manager whenever there are any concerns.

Excellent Co.
Volunteer Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 October 2017
Great company to work for. I learned the importance of relating to employees and colleagues in a more respectful manner. The most enjoyable part of the my position was being given the freedom to implement my plans for the success of certain programs without to much oversight.
Pros
Freedom to implement my ideas
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Villa Charities Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3