Vienna Bakery

Working at Vienna Bakery: 7 Reviews

Canada7 reviews

I was new so found it confusing at times. Some of the equipment made completing assignments difficult.

If a person is a competent in their skills and abilities that person would fit in and do well at Vienna Bakery. Should one be hesitant in their abilities and possibly striving to get better in their skill. That person may find it difficult to succeed. There were also two people hired for the position so there was a competition for the position. I have no regrets in how I was treated. I was just not able to pick up the routine.

Cons

Long stretches between breaks.

Great Environment

My job was slicing bread and bagging it, then putting it on orders. The length of the shift depended on how long it took to finish. Owner had open door policy, I met a lot of his family, I ate a lot of free treats off the staff table, can't complain.

Insights into Vienna Bakery

• Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Excellent work environment

Mostly a night shift schedule. Start time at around 2 am until 11 am Monday night to Sunday morning. Was delivering bread to restaurants, hotels, food trucks,... Really great experience.

Produktiver Arbeitsort

gute Einarbeitung, GF vorausschauend, gutes Arbeitsklima

Pros

kollegiale Arbeitsatmosphäre

Cons

Ausland

great place to work if you dont mind the heat and standing all day

bagging and boxing baked good with 6 other people at 4 large tables for 8 hours and managing the store front with 3 of those 6 peolpe with 45min break that you can take in one go or one 15min and a 30min lunch. staying over time untill all the wholesale orders are fulled and the work floor is cleaned.

Pros

great people, discount on baked goods, getting the duds baked goods

Cons

the added heat in the summer, no anti-fatigue mat at workstations

Nice people to work with

work day is mostly general repetitive task of packaging various baked goods. The management has great people in charge that make sure you are working however also can make you laugh. Hours can very based on how much product needs to be sent out that day.

Pros

great people to work with

Cons

Can be very hot at times

Tradition German family run bakery

This was a really great entry level baking job. I was able to learn the retail and wholesale side of business as well as have the opportunity to learn how to bake professionally. I learnt a lot of techniques and recipes as well as how to work independently and keep the store front stocked for the day. The work was hard, but very fun. The people however were difficult to work with and had high temperaments. Hours are great, there are lots to be had, but at times, I would be working double shifts and end up logging up to 13 hour days.

Pros

Great work, amazing opportunity, lots of learning

Cons

Long hours, people could be very hard to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vienna Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement