VidYard

VidYard Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
It was a great place to work. People are great and are always helpful. Open desk concept which is great. The execs sit alongside and work. Really motivating environment.
I have meant to write a review for a while, and I am sad to see so many negative (and angry) reviews on here. My experience has been nothing like any of those other ones. But to not take away from their experiences, however unfortunate I'll just focus on mine!

The Rundown:

Vidyard is a fast-moving company, this is great as you never get bored, but can be overwhelming some times. I have learned to take a step back, talk to my leadership team, seek clarity and do what I need to do in order to succeed.

The people are wonderful - there isn't anyone I am not happy to work with, sit down and chat with, or get caught in an elevator with.

The work environment great, it's flexible, has lots of perks.

Benefits are great - the standard health benefits as well as the additional lifestyle and pro dev bens. Unlimited vacation (and on my time we are free to take it as long as we are being productive employees), the various leave policies (family leave, short term) are all generous and the flexibility to build your own schedule is there.

Growth - I have worked hard to grow within the company and have had promotions/role changes throughout my tenure here.

On another note, I think a sign of liking your job and your workplace is when you aren't there for a while and you miss it. I'm really missing the office and my colleagues (face to face interactions) right now as we all work remotely due to COVID. And! With that being said, I always loved working here but that has grown over the past few weeks as I saw how much the leadership teams cares to support us as we pivoted to remote
 - more...
Pros
lunches, benefits, various events, coworkers
Cons
moves fast and can be overwhelming sometimes - seek your own support
This was my first job out of University. I did not know what to expect, and was initially taken aback by the expectations of self-learning and performance.

it's taken me a year to come to terms with this being a progressive attitude, the support is everywhere, but it's up to you to show up / ask for it and utilize it + learn.

This is isn't for everyone, the business actively tries to find self-motivated learners. The CEO is transparent about this.

When I was there, there was some complaining about it. I know a few people that left, but since working at other companies, have wanted to come back (me included). This would have been a great place for my second or third job - I wasn't mentally prepared for it.

My current employer is a smaller business that doesn't seem to understand the importance of performance, it feels like some people just show up to hang out. This is celebrated but it's not the type of place where I want to build my career.
Decent company
Great management

Keep up the good work

The Management cares about the product deeply and the culture/growth of the company

Strongly recommended
People are quitting in waves. It speaks volumes to the culture and terrible management.

You will work with some amazing people, and the "hang out all the time" aspect is strongly built into the culture. You'll be doing everything with your work colleagues. Which for some is amazing, especially if you're fresh out of college and want to feel like you're right back in it.

Amazing co-workers aside, the management and culture of this company is toxic. As one review said "cancerous" and that's putting it lightly.

The CEO won't listen to ANY criticism and always has a "rebuttal" to anything constructive anyone tries to tell him. People who question the status quo are fired, sales is a revolving door.

High quality, skilled workers leave instantly, some only staying a month before quitting. There is no career development, there is no advancement, upper management is only out for themselves and it shows.

It's not a good place to work. Don't be fooled by the HR reviews on Glassdoor and the curated pictures on Instagram. They claim that all the "negative" reviews are actually a "hiring tactic" by local companies. This is a horrible mentality. They think that local organizations in Kitchener are posting negative reviews, and spreading gossip about the terrible culture, layoffs, and rapid staff-turnover as a hiring tactic. It's hard to believe that all companies in KW are out to get Vidyard. They are very oblivious to the negative image they have in this city and the industry.

If you want to see a prime example of bro-culture this is the place for you. Men are favored
 - more...
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bro-Culture, Terrible management, horrible culture, lack of expertise, lack of direction, outdated product, arrogance, staff turnover, firings.
This company is good for co-ops who don't want to be trained or learn anything but want free beer and parties.

This company is run like a frat house and is very juvenile. They have a serious employee turnover problem and have a negative imagine in the industry. Highly talented, senior level staff are exiting at rapid rates. There is no direction, terrible gossip and clique behaviour. Very highschool.

This is not a healthy place. It's soul crushing. There are no inspiring managers to learn from or work for. This company is a pit stop on your way to a better career.
Pros
Free lunch, office location, free beer, staff parties
Cons
Very average/subpar compensation, salaries are not competitive, mismanaged, unprofessional, terrible culture, gossip, negative work environment.
Horrible "bro culture" with sloppy developers and a virtually non-existent QA. Constant pressure to join company outings which happen multiple times a week. Work/life balance is extremely poor and management do not care about career advancement. This company is cancerous. Stay away.
Great overall team - fantastic product - be aware of management style and their willingness to train and mentor your development and help with your overall success within the organization.
Pros
Tons of great perks
Cons
Job security, lots of change, stress in relation to job performance, little interest in mentoring new talent