Victoria Village

Working at Victoria Village: 14 Victoria Village Reviews

Canada14 reviews

Decent pay, but close knit management team..

Management tends to favour certain employees over others.. Not the best communication, you’d be told one thing from one manager and then the complete opposite from another one so it gets very confusing who to respond too? VERY difficult to ever get into a full time position unless your willing to work every weekend. Overtime is based on seniority therefore it relies on the office staff to do it properly which they rarely do.. they just tend to call the people that will fill the shifts the quickest therefore you do miss out at times.

Pros

A lot of additional overtime, well structured environment, very clean & respectful staff

Cons

Full time staff get treated differently (work horribly but don’t get reprehended), makes up imaginary jobs for certain employees

Management is poor/No consideration for work life balance

Management only cares about getting as much work out of you as possible before they toss you aside. Critically understaffed and extremely unkind to those who are balancing school with work. This business is a revolving door that sucks the life out their workers and then fires them when they have health problems because of it. Also when the residents abuse the workers and scream in their faces or cuss at them, management does nothing. Don't expect to get promotions, if management doesn't like you- they will purposely make you fail. Burnout is very common.

Pros

Cons

Bad Management. Terrible Work environment.

Insights into Victoria Village

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Trust in colleagues

I felt I made a difference to the cleanliness and overall appearance of the environment.

Victoria Village represents the aging lifestyle of elderly citizens finding a comfortable and positively social dwelling to reside.I took great pride in enhancing not only the cleanliness of this building but the courtesy and overall concern of the happiness of each resident I encountered.

Managers are approachable and really care about the residents

Very good staff. Good team workers. Helpful caring staff. Excellent dietary workers, housekeeping and environmental staff. Recreation and program staff are excellent and include some activities for every patient. Very bright, clean atmosphere.

Great front line staff.

Staff is great. Facility could do with an upgrade. Eight hour shifts. Pay is on par with other local long term care facilities. Management is good for the most part.

Productive and Fun Workplace

I enjoy working with the staff and interacting with the children and teaching them new things each day. I work with children from infants up to school age.

Snakes

The turnover is so bad here that they even warn the new hires during training that the full-time staff will try to get them fired. Their probation is a year (rediculous!) and if a full timer doesn't like you, it only takes 1 sabotaging word to management and you're fired. Full classes of new hires will not last a single month. The full timers are such terrible people that the management tell them straight out "if you don't want to work short, than play nice with the new hires we give you." Can they do it? Nope! Miserable people, and of course its the patients and fresh college students that suffer. This business needs a full overhaul.

Pros

None.

Cons

The staff are miserable, terrible people.

Great staff and residents.

Hardest part of the job is not having enough time to spend with the residents. The most enjoyable part is how satisfying it is to provide compassionate care to those in need of assistance.

Pros

job satisfaction

Cons

stressful

Fun and enjoyable

Loved the atmosphere and the co-workers I had. Very loving residents and so many programs to participate in with your residents. The nurses and PSWs work very hard to keep their residents happy and healthy.

Pros

Loving residents

Cons

N/a

Fast paced workplace

Every day is very fast paced because you need to prepare, serve, and clean up right on time every day. I learned a lot about the people i dealt with. being an old age home sometimes you work with difficult people but after working there for so long you start to understand how to treat different types of people. management was sometimes a little crazy but in an environment like that everything is a little hectic. hardest part of the job was probably remembering everyone s specific dietary restrictions or checking without wasting time. most enjoyable part was interacting with all the different people and getting to know them.

Best Job I ever Had

I really liked this position, I just left due to moving back home to Alberta to be with my family. They are a good company to work for. Best job I ever had.

victoria village manor

This job makes you think outside the box. You have to work hard to prove yourself and get the job done correctly in a safe manner to benefit the residents. Its something I'm new at but enjoy very much. At the end of the day it's always about the residents and their goals and how can help them achieve their goals to better their life style.

Fantastic experience

This job provided fantastic experience towards working with disabled or difficult individuals. This skill can be later used later in future jobs when dealing with elderly or disabled members of the community.

Psw

*no thanks *No respect *No lines Don't care much about employes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria Village. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement