VICTORIA UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Good place to start If it's your first job, management and branch head is so unprofessional
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Ahmedabad, Gujarat13 June 2019
You'll find out really good colleagues There, they are helpful and friendly however the management of University is really worst they are so unprofessional. You can face delay in your salary as well and most importantly the head of the company "Rajesh Singh" is so unprofessional and childish.
Cons
Delay in salary, unprofessional management & Boss, nothing to learn new, too much politics
sessional instructor and temp arranement
Senior Driving Instructor Victoria University (Former Employee) –  St Albans VIC31 January 2019
deleivering paramedic courses was great till some management couldnt decided which way to go re costs. Other than that they were good to staff and paid well
Pros
wages
Cons
temp
Generally a good place to work.
EAP teacher (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 August 2018
As a sessional teacher it is a very insecure job. Unfortunate as it has a nice laid back staffroom atmosphere. A lot of marking at levels 5 and 6 with not much training, induction or support. A desk is usually available which is unusual in this industry.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
Alot of unpaid admin
10/10 Would Reccomend
Lab Demonstrator (Current Employee) –  Victoria13 May 2018
I enjoyed working here with one of the most professional teams engaged in bringing better education products to industry. The work was interesting and fulfilling.
The most important part of the job
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Footscray park campus12 April 2018
I was teaching Electrical engineering courses to undergraduate students. The sessional lecturer is an essential part of my learning and teaching which brings a wealth of experience, knowledge, and expertise to my engineering career.
Pros
Cultural diversity
Cons
Odd working hours
Victoria university volunteer
Vu vollies (Current Employee) –  Victoria11 January 2018
It was great volunteering there I actually had a lot of time and fun
I want to make a great impact on this university
This university gave me a hand on experience.
Perfect
o Administrative Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC9 January 2018
VU has been very generous to me. Since I commenced my Law Studies, VU has entrusted me with various roles across different department. My Managers have been very supportive along the way.
work culture in Victoria University- Sydney campus is average
Academic Coordinator, Lecturer- UG, PG Programs (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW5 January 2018
A typical day at work is more academic administration than research and teaching. Learnt to deal with multivariate people and understand better the issues of international students
Pros
nothing worth a mention
Cons
stressful work environment
I was lucky yo have a really good coordinator
Lecturer and Tutor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC21 December 2017
Enjoyed the students as they are more motivated than TAFE and VET Private College students. Had a really good coordinator and found the culture quite good overall.
RTW Officer (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC22 November 2017
Great place to work previously, professional and good people to work with.

Lots of things always happening for staff and students, lots of campuses across Melbourne with many different courses offered.
Pros
Good money
Cons
lots of redundancies
Varied
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC3 October 2017
The people you work with are worth the effort put in, the jobs are varied, but a lot of opportunity and support to grow and build your skills. The workload depends on the dept your employed in.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Hard Work
Productive and fun workplace with great support from Manager
Coordinator, Issue Resolution (Current Employee) –  Footscray VIC18 September 2017
Every day is different so it's difficult to describe a typical day.

Overall it's a great work environment.

Hardest part of the job is that when trying to resolve issues, students and staff sometimes do not respond to emails and phone calls.
Pros
Great manager
Cons
No job security
Loved working at the Uni until constant restructuring
Senior Special Consideration & Progress Officer (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC31 July 2017
Although change is needed in every work place, constant restructuring is damaging to staff morale and doesn't allow for bedding in of current changes before new changes are made. It slowly ate away at the staff and students over a number of years. Loved working with students and my team members were fabulous.
Pros
Student interaction, great team
Cons
Constant restructure made for bad staff morale
Cultural
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 July 2017
phd students can be primadonnas. However, the professional staff reign in the strays and mantain an organised yet fluid production process of intellectual property and pursuit thereof.
Pros
Professionial Staff
Cleaner
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC26 June 2017
Was a challenging job, had to wake up early in the morning. I have learnt many things working here and have enjoyed working at this place, great team work.
Pros
team work
Fun and friendly workplace
Student Mentor and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW8 June 2017
Friendly environment with a lot of room to grow. I have very good mentors from the management and I'm learning a lot from them that make thing easier with the job.
Pros
Free lunches, management bond with staff and students
Best workplace
Reception / Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC2 January 2017
Loved my time at VU, great work culture & people.
Lots of diversity and opportunity.
Good location & friendly staff & students.
Capacity building
Student Mentor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 December 2016
The organisation provide trainings and worship to build its staff capacity to deliver a quality of services

The organisation is culturally oriented
Pros
Free stationary materials
Cons
Exhaustion
Busy and productive work environment
Researcher/Writer/Editor (Former Employee) –  West Melbourne VIC4 December 2016
Pros
All good
Cons
Educational and seeing my students "grow and excel"!
Sessional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Footscray VIC30 November 2016
The best part about my job is the teaching aspect side of it, teaching undergraduate students and most of all empower them with knowledge and providing them with the right tools to not only pass the subject matter but to excel and succeed in their dream jobs and beyond. The most challenging part is trying to make your superiors happy and delivering the subject matter according to their expectations. Overall I love my job, and I love to see my students grow and excel in their studies.
Pros
Good pay rates.
Cons
Long hours, preparing lesson plans and marking assignments.