Victoria Hospital

Victoria Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews

workinggoodmanagementgreatworkenjoyenvironmentpatient

productive and fun workplace

A good place to work at for those looking for advancement in other different departments in the hospital as well. Good management and team work. ......

Pros

good management and friendly environment

Cons

can't think of one

very friendly management

good place to working and friendly stuff. secure job cause is hospital facility. salary start above wage rate more overtime if you like. busy place and time go fast

Insights into Victoria Hospital

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues

Productive and rewarding work place

High amounts of autonomy provided in the work place, with requirements to do on call over night. There is ample opportunity to learn and expand your role as an RT. There can be a high demand on us to meet deadlines and perform patient care on a broad spectrum of patient populations (neonates, pediatrics and adults). Critical thinking is a daily requirement of the job, as well as strong communication and collaboration skills with other disciplines.

Good environment

Good environment Great co workers Management not so great No room for advancement Wonderful patients Good teaching opportunities Competitive and collaborative

very nice place to work

A typical day start at 8.00 am in hospital. you will be designated to particular floor by senior therapist and therapy supervisor.i learned a lot about hospital culture and Canadian health care system. every one from your colleague PT to nurse to doctor are ready to help you and guide you. Therapy team is best and most enjoyable part.Always ready to help you if you are swamped on your floor with over work. senior PT and colleague always ready to help you if has any doubt.

Loved my job

I absolutely loved working there and I wouldnt skip the chance if I could work there again. The workplace was safe and the people were friendly and instructive

Great Place to work

A fast paced and ever changing healthcare environment that provides the opportunity to care for a diverse patient population. Continued education is highly encouraged.

Had clinical placement there

Very good learning experience at the Victoria Hospital. Rich resources and friendly staff. Had seen a lot of different diagnosis and gained a lot of opportunities in practicing nursing skills.

A pleasant and fun place to work. Staff and customers were pleasant. I would recommend London Victoria Hospital a decent place to work, they also have a decent benefit package as well.

Great work environment

I enjoyed working at Victoria hospital Great Management They provide continues workshop that nourishes my personal experience Well organized and systematically work environment

Pros

Healthy working environment

Cons

Only the wage was my concern

Meaningful working experience

Serving and communicating with the patient which let me treasure my time. Working with team members which provides me an excellent team work experience.

Pros

free snacks

Cons

standing

great work environment. Friendly and caring colleagues. Organized and well maintained workplace. Very professional and passionate workers. Great place to work.

Successful day depends on; team work, abilty to work in a patient-centered environment, creativity and being a hard worker.

A typical day depends on your duties, job descriptions, areas of specialization and the uncertainties. There are no two days alike, so, it is difficult to define what a typical day would look like. Some things are necessary for every day; teamwork, ability to work in a patient-centered environment, creativity and be hard working. We are the architect of our happiness, regardless of all, we determine what we get and how we are treated by others. Victoria has a good parking for the staff at a very affordable price, and a big cafeteria where you can relax and have meals, also, there is a Tim Hortons outlet in the main waiting room. There is no gym or recreation facility for staff within the facility.

Friendly work environment

The hospital is a lovely place to work, the fellow staff is easy to get along with and the hours are manageable to balance a good work and life. I would have to say the only bad thing is some of the managers, they like to pick on the younger staff and try destroy them then help them strive and succeed which in my eyes was the reason I left, I would rather much so work with people who would like to see me strive for greatness then fail.

Pros

everyday was different

Cons

rude management

Great place to work i loved it. great people and the staff were amazing to work for.

i loved working there great place to work. I loved helping with their duties. The workers and management were great and treated there staff excellent had no problems working i loved it

fun to work with

Victoria Hospital is a great place to work, staff, doctors and management are friends, they value each other. Its my second home away from home, Opportunities for career advancement are available.

Rewarding Place to work

I enjoyed this experience. You receive really good training and the work is enjoyable. You get to meet lots of new people and work in different departments.

first hospital work experience as a reg nurse

first time back where I had trained Had a few charge nurses who were excellent in teaching and learned so much about the surgeries Was told by a wise women that surgery pts are just medical pts with an incision so you had to know medically there problems and what could happen post op

Pros

great learning

fantastic place to learn and grown in the medical field

I really enjoy my position at the Vic hospital, however I'm looking to get back into a field where I most enjoy. I work in a fast paced setting and that I enjoy, I have met a lot of fantastic people and seen a lot of interesting things. I feel I have benefited from my time in the health field. It has helped me make decisions in my own family, having children and grandchildren is has definitely had it's benefits.

Pros

Benefits, pension

Cons

wages

Friendly, encouraging environment

I very much enjoyed the time during which I worked at Victoria Hospital. I found their job environment to be educational and allowed me to expand my abilities while there.

Relaxing and rewarding volunteer opportunity

The job itself is very easy and only takes 2 hours every week but it is very rewarding. seeing the patients every week and making small talk is very nice. The manager is one of the nicest person I know always wiling to go the extra mile. All volunteers are very nice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement