Victoria General Hospital

Victoria General Hospital Employee Reviews

Canada46 reviews
It was fulfilling.
It afforded me opportunity for an outreach to other people.

I was able to spiritually council many families of the sick and the dying.

The Nurses were very efficient and cooperating.
Pros
Cooperation
Cons
No pay
It is is a really nice environment to work in,lots of good jobs,nice people to work with boss was nice and relaxed outgoing and understanding. My coworkers were nice too
Not an easy job. Staff is over worked and it hard to want to do anything after working a shift, never a quite moment it's a under payed under appreciate kinda job.
Working at Victoria Hospital more than me to become a better person. And I've learned a lot like interacting with my co-workers helping one another and of course taking care of our patients. I will never forget working at Victoria because people there are very friendly and accommodating. And they treat each other as one family.
Wonderful staff and great work culture! The most collaborative team environment. As far as job advancement they need more opportunities for onsite specialty training and career advancement the Health Authority is an incredible place to work and staff is so supportive. I moved for better pay as I was an LPN with acute care experience and they started me at the new grad RN wage.
I have worked for the wrha for 17.5 years, currently working in a term position at Victoria Hospital. I am enjoying the work and environment and location. Staff is friendly
We aren’t payed at the hospital. We just volunteer. I love it there, I get to see my favorite patients and give them the support they need. I love socializing with the patients as they are very friendly and have the most amazing stories.
Loved the people and management on my floor! Work place culture was positive, people willing to help and teach others. Short staffed, but that seems like everywhere.
I enjoyed my time at VGH. The staff are friendly and it was a great place to work for 15 years. I decided how to structure my day. I started with new patient reviews, ICU rounds, huddles, patient discharge rounds, education and charting was my typical day.
Pros
Autonomy to do my work as I saw fit
Cons
Very busy, not much room for advancement in my small department
The Victoria General Hospital along with most of the WRHA has been undergoing tremendous change as the focus has become even more intent on patient "flow" out of hospital. This along with diminishing resources and stringent guidelines and policies has resulted in a particularly challenging time in health care.
I left the hospital before significant changes occurred. I can not speak to the situation over the past 2 plus years.
Pros
great team, supportive
Cons
unrealistic expectations by some of the medical team
It has been a few years since I have worked there. Generally I remember having more assistance for example if I was called upon to do a discharge clean in an isolation room I was given a helper which was usually the floor cleaner he would wash all the walls and floors while I washed the bed and furniture and all the equipment in the room so the discharge clean would take half the time.
Pros
getting more help with cleaning my ward
Cons
pay was less, short breaks
Nursing practice is not up to speed there. The culture on the unit I was working on was pretty toxic. Hours/shifts and pay were consistent with union standards. Building is old and the re-circulated air gave me headaches.
This is a fun workplace to be at. I have been here for a wile and find it is a great place be start a career in the field. Co workers are great and so are the girls.
Glad to be there. Awesome schedule and great co workers. Lots of team work Cheerful Educational opportunities and adequate supplies. Management is approachable and reasonable and supportive
invested in their employees, a very well rounded workplace that has much to offer. Educational experience and training, furthering education, competitive salary & benefits, job security.
Great workplace friendly environment fast pace always busy good food bus stops respectful union
Have to pay for parking and wear professional attire daily
Super team, with great staff! A true collaborative team environment. Great staff all around; they also offer a lot of in house training opportunities for staff to specialize and grow.
the surgical unit that no longer resides there was great. the staff were friendly supportive team players.the manager was easy to talk to and i'll miss him.
VIHA takes very good care of their employees. Although pay is not always competitive, they make up for it and more with their benefits. Management is very flexible.
This is a place where you can spend your eight hours of work and learn many things at the same time. Staffs are friendly and supportive and also the management.
Hospital is a very clean place to work, you are able to interact with other staffs, patients and their family, Doctors and Nurses are friendly and that makes the work very easy and enjoyable.
Make sure Clinics are running successfully; tend to patients, responsible for filing confiden-tial paper work and able to prioritize and multi-task in a very high paced and high stake envi-ronment