VICTORIA COOL AID SOCIETY Employee Reviews

Good for experience
Client Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC24 July 2019
A good place to gain experience, training and education working with marginalized sectors. A good place to build teams but also encourages initiative and creativity.
Not always honest
Emergency Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelter5 July 2018
In some of their job ads they state:
"Cool Aid is a great place to work! We foster personally impactful work in a culture that embraces innovation, teamwork, inspirational leadership, and knowledge sharing. We are taking concrete steps to address local issues by undertaking relevant and important work in the community, guided by a powerful mission, strong history of service, and a great culture of caring for our clients. Along with being an intrinsically valuable workplace, we offer various training opportunities and are continually rated high in Culture and Diversity, Pride, and Teamwork and Camaraderie in our Great Place to Work Survey."
The last survey was anything but rated high in Culture and Diversity, Pride, and Teamwork and Camaraderie in our Great Place to Work Survey!! It took a real nose dive! No trust in Management. Zero transparency. If you truly want help people find another way to do it. This place is not it. Ideas fall on deaf ears...
Pros
Free meals from the kitchen at some locations. Only work 3/4 days a week in some positions
Cons
10/12 hour shifts / First Responder to overdoses and yelled at by clients all shift, Some front line staff go on leave due to PTSD