Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Toxic, catty, high school-like environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON22 January 2018
Management is too busy contributing to gossip and/or locked in the office to actually manage the place.Fake people. Inconsistent hours.Declining sales
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Catty girls, catty girls with too much ego because VS culture, poor unobservant unskilled management
fun experience
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2018
it's really nice . comfortable environment with very nice colleagues though some days it's abit crazy with sales but generally it's very ok establishment
horrible management
Visual/Stock Lead (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 January 2018
The company is good, however the management was the worst. They were rude and unprofessional. They expected us to work 24/7 and disregarded the fact we all had lives outside of work. They were constantly budding their heads in to our personal life and threaten us all the time about coming in to work. We had managers call us on our day off to yell at us why we were not at work even though they did scheduale us off that day. It was a very unhealthy, stressful place to be at. Terrible environment!
I really enjoyed working at Victoria Secret
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB9 January 2018
I love the other employees, the teamwork, the clothing and the hours offered, however it was seasonal. I would have enjoyed staying on and working full time hours but I was so thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
The clothing and discount
Cons
Fun workplace and a fast pace environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guildford, BC3 January 2018
Experienced favouritism and discrimination with one of the managers. She fortunately no longer works there. Coworkers are friendly and easy to get along with.
Catty Work Environment
Sales Special (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC29 December 2017
Sales associates are catty with one another and there is always drama. The majority of the managers are so full of themselves and have obvious favorites that the job is not enjoyable. The hours are crazy. I was constantly overworked. I work full time to overtime while I was a part-time employee. The perks made it worth it and the few awesome managers.
Pros
Discount, monthly products, pay
Cons
Management, Drama, long hours, limited breaks
fun place to work, good discounts
Brand Guide (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 December 2017
I worked there a long time ago, opened the Kingway location. Store was full of great managers and staff was friendly. great working environment. Staff seem to be less helpful when I go in to the location now.
Not enough hours, too much staff, mean managers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 December 2017
The managers are rude, they don't give you enough hours due to the amount of staff there is, don't recommend. You barely get to know management, its like a different world and the girls that work there are mean.
Flexible hours, okay starting wage but no room for raise
Sales Support & Generalist (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 November 2017
Hours are extremely flexible (not including months November-January). My starting wage was $0.50 above minimum wage and I’ve worked here for 3 years now and my pay increase is only $1.00 (I live in BC and I make $11.74). You get monthly gratises that may include free products or products at a cheap buy-in, and discount is 30% off regular priced items (including gift cards).

I love my work family but the company itself does not encourage work parties, or simple night outs for employees.

Company likes to use a scheduling technique called “call-ins”. For example, if you have a shift that’s 10-2, you might be scheduled for a call-in from 2-6 meaning that you’re officially scheduled until 2 but they are within their rights to keep you from 2-6 if they need you.
Pros
Discount, gratis, flexible work hours
Cons
call-ins, pathetic raises
Management gone downhill drastically.
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 November 2017
Management initially was fantastic and truly cared. The culture of the company could care less about employees and management is now highly unskilled. I wouldn't recommend working for the company to anyone, the work-life balance is ridiculous and management expects workers to choose Victoria's Secret over other commitment, including family. The job pays well if you're a top seller, but there are few. The culture is very pushy and favours those who make the company money.
Pros
The discount
Cons
Unreasonable management, Ethics hotline is useless, Not a "team" environment
Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
I was not here for that long, but it was also a very fast paced environment. They did not allot a lot of time to train the staff, so we learned a lot lot the procedures on our own.
Pros
Seasonal
Cons
Not enough training
Nice enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2017
The managers were terribly racist, the free bras and panties, etc. made life easier. Pay was nice, so were the benefits. I would never recommend anyone to work there.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 November 2017
Such a nice place to work. Always surrounded by such great and supportive people and its such a welcoming environment. You always feel like you are appreciated.
It's ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 November 2017
A great supportive management team, yet unpredictable hours alone with slim to no benefits. Another benefit was that it provided great training and acknowledge individual achievements.
what i do
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 November 2017
helping people who come in looking for something and they dont know where it is, arranged the product display areas in a visually and appealing menner
Pros
getting 10% off things
It was ok
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS31 October 2017
It was alright working here. The management take thing too seriously and do not know how to create a fun workplace. They are too harsh and hover over everyone.
Ok
Backroom Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 October 2017
Working at Victoria's Secret was good but once the holiday season was over it started to get slow. A typical day would be working early in the morning doing maintenance and processing the lingerie. Management was very demanding, no leadership was presented.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Early hours, management.
vs review
Sales Support Generalisr (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC12 October 2017
Depending on the stores needs for the day a typical day at work could consist of completing a floor-set following a brand guide for direction, or could be processing shipment, doing markdowns, setting up marketing or other merchandising tasks. Working here taught me a sense of urgency when I work, as well as time management and organizational skills.
I enjoyed it
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 October 2017
It was a seasonal position during Christmas, but I learned a lot. The other employees were great to work with. Very helpful. It's a great place to earn some extra money.
Fun workplace
Cash Lead (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 September 2017
Great place to work, upbeat environment. Management is great and understanding and other employees are friendly and comfortable. Gratis is really good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K