Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 338 reviews matching the search See all 7,712 reviews
Blah
Sales (Former Employee) –  Canada7 November 2018
was in the mall was not acceptable hated it to be very very very honest they kept booking me for surprise shifts with no time to get there was my first job and was pretty tramatisig
Pros
Cons
lots
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 October 2018
Management is rude! They Do not acknowledge you or your hard work. Expect to much from employees will get mad and yell at you if did something wrong. No training at all you’re put on the floor with no training and expect you to know everything. You get no hours. I do not recommend you to work here!!!!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Management, work, staff
they will take advantage of you
Sales & Support Generalist - Cash Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
-they put a lot of pressure on sales associates and cashiers.
-they take advantage off young workers
-will make you do managers job but wont pay you for it
Not the right time
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
When I started my job at Victoria's Secret I was significantly younger than all of the other employees, I was under 18 and it was very difficult for mew to make friends. The managers were wonderful until one of them was replaced. They weren't very accommodating with the schedules as they tried to make me work 40 hour weeks while still in school.
Great brand recognition
ASM Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
Theft isn't being reduced
Manager was very strong
Merchandising directives were very well done
Lots of opportunity for strong candidates
Lots of growth
Pros
Strong brand
Cons
Theft
Plenty of work for little pay
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
Worked here for 2+ years. I loved the people, however management comes and goes. The employees are over worked with little to no recognition or advancement opportunities. Not a place to grow, just to work part time for some extra money.
Pros
Great team, flexibility during school
Cons
No growth, lack of recognition
too strict
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2018
management was strict, would make you act like an annoying hawk to customers, clear goals you would have to meet. My team was nice and the i would assist customers and fold clothes
Fast paced and exciting environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
It was a competitive and fast paced environment, you will learn people skills and life skills with this job. the hardest part of the job would be sales if it was a slow day however being yourself was the easiest way to go
Pros
Alot of discounts and flexibility
Cons
Competitive
Enjoyed it a lot!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 August 2018
I loved working here. The only problem was how management treated employees there was always a favourite game being played. They always picked certain people over others but as for benefits and how the actual company treated you it was very nice!
Pros
free items you get every once in awhile
Cons
management
A great place to develop clientele relationships
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 August 2018
A great place to develop clientele relationships. Strong Education tools. Beautiful products to introduce your clients too. Rewarding outcomes for top sellers
Competitive, but can be beneficial.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Management drives associates to push sales to (sometimes) extremes, it's the only focus of the company despite their claims of promoting a work-family environment. There's a definite hierarchy between cashiers, sales, backroom. Very competitive environment but you can meet great people and become a quicker thinker and better learner.
Productive workplace with great people
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2018
A typical day at work would be me on the sales floor, assisting customers with buying needs and offering them promotions as well as bra measurements. I learned how to be a team player, take direction, and how to communicate with a large range of people. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy and I had to manage a lot of tasks at once. The most enjoyable was easily my coworkers who made everyday at work a great one.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lots of extended shifts
Cool workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
was cool, management always tried to make me feel welcome. hardest part of the job was dealing with the musty people that came in. some employees were rude for no reason so had to calm down the customers they made mad.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
The company itself is amazing as its an empowering place for women to work however the london masonville location is not run this way anymore. The managers are rude, hurtful to employees and do not care about what the employees wants and needs are. The job entitles you to free things each month including new bras and/or products but its not even worth working there for that. The pay is minimum wage and the amount of stress they force on you to sell bras will have you feeling depressed if its not a job you're used to.
great company to work for
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
supportive staff and inclusive culture that allows all employees to develop and grow. Salaries and benefits are not the best but the culture makes up for it.
Friendly, yet breif
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2018
I learned quite a lot at this job although it was my first job, it was very educational. However, it seemed as if they played favorites in a way, they gave most of the shifts to people that had previously worked there and instead of taking the time to teach and show each new employee each job. There was a 3-day sort of workshop that highlighted a brief description of each job. Despite that, the environment was friendly and inviting. Overall if you want a basic understanding of what retail is like this is the place to start.
Pros
You learn a lot as a first job, and very friendly enviroment
Cons
Favoritism and not enough with the teaching portion
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 July 2018
incountering many people on a daily, attending to what they need or want.
their are many types of product that it can confuse you.
hardest part of the job is that tohers employees can take your sales.
most enjoyable part of the job is that you're helping others
Pros
employees gets discounts
Cons
store management
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
fun as a first time job
you get to make good friends and become confident with your body and self image.
you can make your way up with this company if you are passionate
Pros
good hours
Cons
big store
You make life long friends
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2018
Can get very busy during SAS and holidays but was a really fun job. Not for me as I have back issues and was not able to stay on my feet bent over folding garments for 8 hours
Challenging job
Généraliste en soutien commercial (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 June 2018
Working at Victoria's Secret definitely made me grow as a person. I learned a lot. From acquiring customer services skills, to how they manage the store and I got a little taste of how sales goals work. Management made some questionnable decisions at times but we still had to work together as a team and keep. Hardest part of the job for me was managing the huge lineups we would get at the cash during holidays or sales. The most enjoyable part was the people I got to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.6K