Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 July 2018
incountering many people on a daily, attending to what they need or want.
their are many types of product that it can confuse you.
hardest part of the job is that tohers employees can take your sales.
most enjoyable part of the job is that you're helping others
Pros
employees gets discounts
Cons
store management
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
fun as a first time job
you get to make good friends and become confident with your body and self image.
you can make your way up with this company if you are passionate
Pros
good hours
Cons
big store
You make life long friends
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2018
Can get very busy during SAS and holidays but was a really fun job. Not for me as I have back issues and was not able to stay on my feet bent over folding garments for 8 hours
Challenging job
Généraliste en soutien commercial (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 June 2018
Working at Victoria's Secret definitely made me grow as a person. I learned a lot. From acquiring customer services skills, to how they manage the store and I got a little taste of how sales goals work. Management made some questionnable decisions at times but we still had to work together as a team and keep. Hardest part of the job for me was managing the huge lineups we would get at the cash during holidays or sales. The most enjoyable part was the people I got to work with.
Amazing people and great learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2018
Work is usually a place people get sick of, but for me, I don't think there was ever a day where I complained about ever hating what I did. I loved working with the entire team because everyone was so friendly, relatable and positive! Learning was the best part because management never made you feel bad about the mistakes that you make, and they always give you constructive criticism in order for employees to gain skills and build on them. Personally, what I found hard were the goals. Though most of the time it was definitely a more than a reasonable goal, I found during a time when the store was slow, it was hard to achieve segment goals or even daily goals. The good part was that management always encouraged employees never to dwell on it and focus on doing better and meeting goals the next shift. I'd have to say my whole experience was amazing, and most definitely the best job I've had, but really it was the entire team itself that made it as enjoyable as it was!
Pros
Merchandise discount/gratis
Cons
Sometimes slow and long shifts
Nice place to work
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2018
Fun work environment, very competitive with customer service, nice people. There were lots of 6ams and a few shifts late into the night but it was a good variety of shifts. The most enjoyable part was getting to see how you can help people while they're shopping and helping the women feel confident.
Working at Victorias Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 June 2018
Very fast paced workplace, always something to do which I love. Learned how to measure bra sizes and multi-task by running items threw the cash register while asking the customer how her experience at our store was.
it was a good place to work except for the managers i had.
Sales Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB31 May 2018
when i told them i needed to change my availability to accommodate two jobs they said they just weren't gonna schedule me anymore. forcing me to quit.
Pros
free stuff
Fun place to work, friendly team
Sales Associate/ Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 May 2018
A lot of knowledge of bras gained. Great girls to work with. Short schedules, and never a set schedule. Hard booking time off, but helpful team, in switching shifts and helping each other out when needed.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Short hour, never a set schedue
Team spirited
Sales Generalist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Good place, physically demanding, very early staring shift, and very late closing shifts. Team focused. High turnovr for staff has advantage of advancement.

Want to know more about Victoria's Secret?

Ask a question
Interesting place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2018
It was a long day in the first few weeks as I was part of the opening staffs.. The management was bad. She didnt like certain people because they were not kissing her butt. But then if youre willing to do all that is asked of you though is not ethical you were her friend and got longer and better hours. The company itself throws away good bras and panties becuase maybe the colours were off or something meanwhile it could be donated.. We have days were we sit and cut bras and panties with scissors.
Pros
The discount
Cons
The management
Great place
Stock Associate - Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Great first experience working in retail as a stock member. Management is great and the people at work get along. Early stock shifts may start from 7am and if you don't live downtown Toronto, might be hard to make it on time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tedious work, redundant
Great Learning Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2018
I have been working at Victoria's Secret part-time

Pros

Pay is well for a part-time job
Provides life skills that will come in handy

Cons

Theft is bad.
Sometimes the customers bad behaviors are rewarded just to keep the sale
really fun work place
usually the greeter of the store (Former Employee) –  toronto ontario3 May 2018
really enjoyed working here i was just a seasonal worker but id love to work there again i liked working at the front of the store greeting the customers
Pros
fun exciting
If I could give zero stars I would
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC28 April 2018
Worst place to work, management is comparable to mean teenage girls, they insult the physical appearance of their employees, ask them dress more provocatively and flirt with male shoppers. They are catty, irresponsible and a complete waste of your time, the discount isn't worth the drama they put you through.
Not Recommend
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 April 2018
Victoria Secret promotes unhealthy lifestyles to both staff and customers. With unrealistic expectations on their employees. Definitely do not recommend getting a job here to anyone.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dramatic and condescending staff
No Advancement
Sales Support & Generalist (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
You will work here because the hours are flexible...
As long as you get any hours of work. Sometimes you won't get any hours for days.
This is a place for students that don't have any financial responsibility. Don't count on this place.
good place to learn
Sales And Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 April 2018
when I start applying for this job I told manager in the interview that I want to work in a place to learn, and she told me you come to the right place.and as she said in this company you can show your abilities, you can grow and you can learn.
different
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON2 April 2018
I liked the store but some of the people I worked with weren't the greatest. Sometimes became greatly biased and didn't give the best training. Expected you to know everything off the bat
nice helping alot of different people
Sales and Support Generalist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON24 March 2018
a lot of pressure to sell, too stressful for retail job. Management can be a little rude at times. Some of the staff are very stuck up. On the positive side you do meet some nice customers,
Pros
free pruduct, bonus
Cons
too much pressure to sell

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K