Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 332 reviews matching the search See all 7,550 reviews
too strict
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 August 2018
management was strict, would make you act like an annoying hawk to customers, clear goals you would have to meet. My team was nice and the i would assist customers and fold clothes
Fast paced and exciting environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
It was a competitive and fast paced environment, you will learn people skills and life skills with this job. the hardest part of the job would be sales if it was a slow day however being yourself was the easiest way to go
Pros
Alot of discounts and flexibility
Cons
Competitive
Enjoyed it a lot!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 August 2018
I loved working here. The only problem was how management treated employees there was always a favourite game being played. They always picked certain people over others but as for benefits and how the actual company treated you it was very nice!
Pros
free items you get every once in awhile
Cons
management
A great place to develop clientele relationships
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 August 2018
A great place to develop clientele relationships. Strong Education tools. Beautiful products to introduce your clients too. Rewarding outcomes for top sellers
Competitive, but can be beneficial.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Management drives associates to push sales to (sometimes) extremes, it's the only focus of the company despite their claims of promoting a work-family environment. There's a definite hierarchy between cashiers, sales, backroom. Very competitive environment but you can meet great people and become a quicker thinker and better learner.
Productive workplace with great people
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2018
A typical day at work would be me on the sales floor, assisting customers with buying needs and offering them promotions as well as bra measurements. I learned how to be a team player, take direction, and how to communicate with a large range of people. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy and I had to manage a lot of tasks at once. The most enjoyable was easily my coworkers who made everyday at work a great one.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lots of extended shifts
Cool workplace
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 July 2018
was cool, management always tried to make me feel welcome. hardest part of the job was dealing with the musty people that came in. some employees were rude for no reason so had to calm down the customers they made mad.
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
The company itself is amazing as its an empowering place for women to work however the london masonville location is not run this way anymore. The managers are rude, hurtful to employees and do not care about what the employees wants and needs are. The job entitles you to free things each month including new bras and/or products but its not even worth working there for that. The pay is minimum wage and the amount of stress they force on you to sell bras will have you feeling depressed if its not a job you're used to.
great company to work for
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 July 2018
supportive staff and inclusive culture that allows all employees to develop and grow. Salaries and benefits are not the best but the culture makes up for it.
Friendly, yet breif
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2018
I learned quite a lot at this job although it was my first job, it was very educational. However, it seemed as if they played favorites in a way, they gave most of the shifts to people that had previously worked there and instead of taking the time to teach and show each new employee each job. There was a 3-day sort of workshop that highlighted a brief description of each job. Despite that, the environment was friendly and inviting. Overall if you want a basic understanding of what retail is like this is the place to start.
Pros
You learn a lot as a first job, and very friendly enviroment
Cons
Favoritism and not enough with the teaching portion
okay place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON4 July 2018
incountering many people on a daily, attending to what they need or want.
their are many types of product that it can confuse you.
hardest part of the job is that tohers employees can take your sales.
most enjoyable part of the job is that you're helping others
Pros
employees gets discounts
Cons
store management
fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2018
fun as a first time job
you get to make good friends and become confident with your body and self image.
you can make your way up with this company if you are passionate
Pros
good hours
Cons
big store
You make life long friends
Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 June 2018
Can get very busy during SAS and holidays but was a really fun job. Not for me as I have back issues and was not able to stay on my feet bent over folding garments for 8 hours
Challenging job
Généraliste en soutien commercial (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC18 June 2018
Working at Victoria's Secret definitely made me grow as a person. I learned a lot. From acquiring customer services skills, to how they manage the store and I got a little taste of how sales goals work. Management made some questionnable decisions at times but we still had to work together as a team and keep. Hardest part of the job for me was managing the huge lineups we would get at the cash during holidays or sales. The most enjoyable part was the people I got to work with.
Amazing people and great learning environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 June 2018
Work is usually a place people get sick of, but for me, I don't think there was ever a day where I complained about ever hating what I did. I loved working with the entire team because everyone was so friendly, relatable and positive! Learning was the best part because management never made you feel bad about the mistakes that you make, and they always give you constructive criticism in order for employees to gain skills and build on them. Personally, what I found hard were the goals. Though most of the time it was definitely a more than a reasonable goal, I found during a time when the store was slow, it was hard to achieve segment goals or even daily goals. The good part was that management always encouraged employees never to dwell on it and focus on doing better and meeting goals the next shift. I'd have to say my whole experience was amazing, and most definitely the best job I've had, but really it was the entire team itself that made it as enjoyable as it was!
Pros
Merchandise discount/gratis
Cons
Sometimes slow and long shifts
Nice place to work
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2018
Fun work environment, very competitive with customer service, nice people. There were lots of 6ams and a few shifts late into the night but it was a good variety of shifts. The most enjoyable part was getting to see how you can help people while they're shopping and helping the women feel confident.
Working at Victorias Secret
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC11 June 2018
Very fast paced workplace, always something to do which I love. Learned how to measure bra sizes and multi-task by running items threw the cash register while asking the customer how her experience at our store was.
it was a good place to work except for the managers i had.
Sales Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Edmonton Mall, AB31 May 2018
when i told them i needed to change my availability to accommodate two jobs they said they just weren't gonna schedule me anymore. forcing me to quit.
Pros
free stuff
Fun place to work, friendly team
Sales Associate/ Bra Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON13 May 2018
A lot of knowledge of bras gained. Great girls to work with. Short schedules, and never a set schedule. Hard booking time off, but helpful team, in switching shifts and helping each other out when needed.
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
Short hour, never a set schedue
Team spirited
Sales Generalist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Good place, physically demanding, very early staring shift, and very late closing shifts. Team focused. High turnovr for staff has advantage of advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K