Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 374 reviews matching the search See all 8,176 reviews
Good!
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2019
When you first get hired you are required to go through an on-boarding process that super long and boring. It initially starts with hours of training videos and required readings with quizzes (WHMIS, etc). Then you get trained on the cash register and since I was hired as a seasonal (which they are in desperate need for as soon as October and the winter shopping season hits). I basically stayed working on cash for the rest of the 4 months, since I was quick and efficient, but also since they had their regular sales staff who were more qualified working the floor. This kind of sucked, and although I did get to work on selling a bit, I never really got the chance to prove myself to my managers.

Black Friday and Boxing were black out days (which meant every employee had to work, no exceptions) and they were an absolute nightmare. So many customers came into the store and it was crazy, but the managers and staff handled it really well. The head office sent us a box of cookies, and we had an employee potluck, which was fun.

A fun perk was all the gratis (free stuff) and large price discounts we got on certain items every month. In the 4 months I worked there, I got 4 free panties, 2 free rollerballs, and tons of PINK clothes for only $20. The reasoning behind this was to get employees to buy their new stuff and wear it and advertise it. Another cute thing was the themed days – so Wednesdays were PINK days (from Mean Girls' "on Wednesdays we wear pink") and Fridays were sports days
– so you got to wear PINK or Victoria's Sport clothes to work on the designated day instead
  more... of the usual mandatory all black.

A major downside to working at Victoria's Secret was the on-calls. They're basically an extension of your shift (usually for 2 hours after you're supposed to be done) and although they're shown on your schedule, you're only let known 30 min before the end of your shift if you're needed to stay the extra 2 hours (and in holiday season this was almost always the case). So you can't really have plans after your shifts if you have an on-call scheduled.

Overall, I had a good experience working there because I got to developed my professional and workplace skills, and I loved all my co-workers and managers.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
The on-calls
Productive workplace
Sales Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 March 2019
Everyone got the job done in a time manner. I was able to learn very helpful skills that I am now able to bring with me to future jobs. Working in such a broad environment has also helped me as well.
Productive and fun place to work
Merchandising Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 March 2019
Upbeat and fast-paced environment. Working together as a team to meet sale goals. Management was supportive and offered opportunities for advancement.
Pros
opportunities, Fun environment
Lovely employees!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 March 2019
Everyone who worked there was so kind and genuine. I learned a lot about the importance of the customer and how essential values are to a team environment. They did a good job of making *everyone* feel welcome and appreciated. Extremely patient, wonderful people.
A place that requires hard work.
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2019
When I first started working at VS it was a little challenging for me to find my place between all the other long term associate and sometimes I felt left out but after working with them a couple of shifts and getting to know these people I loved being there. It was a positive environment and we worked hard over the course of our shifts but it was always fun.
Fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC2 March 2019
Depending on the store, you might need to be flexible with availability. The roles are given towards your strengths and weaknesses. They do appreciate every single worker if they work hard and they are rewarded. Multiple events are hosted at work and sometimes you can wear fun things for special events.
OK work place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 February 2019
some managers were awesome, some terrible. flexible hours with opportunities to pick up more shifts. some managers were unprofessional. overall an ok part time job
great place
Visual Merchandiser Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 February 2019
Amazing fast paced place to work, you get what you give here and they mean business, and that's how the are soo successful. the management was reasonable and fair
Interesting Experience
Shop Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2019
Interview was in a group setting. Had problems getting my contract sent to me as there were multiple managers and there was miscommunication and delay in getting information. When hired they knew about my other job at the time. Declined my hours that I provided for when I was available when not working at my other job. Had my 3 training shifts and then I was never scheduled for any other shifts.
Pros
staff friendly in environment
Cons
hard to get in contact over the phone, communication poor amongst managers
Workplace Fairness/Unfairness
Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 February 2019
Very fast paced and intense working environment. High expectations and sales target for associate. Overwhelming tasks and knowledge for new hires to take in with least amount of time. Frequent shift cuts result in very few shifts and fewer hours per week.
Pros
Open communication, helpful co-worker, family enviroment
Cons
Frequent shift cuts by managers for no proper reason
Lots of coworkers
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 February 2019
Must be capable of communicating with a wide variety of coworkers. Quite fun and exhausting at the same time. Lots to do always so you won't be bored.
It was good but went down hill
Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 February 2019
The West Edmonton mall location was the most wonderful place to work until a couple years after working there the management went down hill and it was more about numbers than customer service. The company itself is an absolute wonderful company for workers as well as customers. It was where I learned how to connect with customers and how to be a great sales person.
Good First Customer Experience Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC12 February 2019
If you have a good team, you can definitely learn a lot about customer service. They give you sales goals to meet, but it's something that'll keep motivating you to sell. It's a good work ethic to have I think. The hours are unreliable because they've been doing poor sales company-wide.
Pros
Discounts and Gratis, Coaching
Cons
Understaffed, Not enough hours
Loved my job, not the environment.
Generalist/ Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Saint-Bruno-de-Montarville, QC11 February 2019
The job itself was actually fun for a part-time one. The environment however was sometimes hostile between the girls working and more like a high school setting than a healthy work environment, with meetings with the manager to solve the problems between girls that should not exist in the first place.
terrible experience
Bra Fit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON5 February 2019
Worst job ever. I had to leave the job because the of the bad experience. The manager is bad and the favouritism is so much. would not recommend. Bad location maybe
Environnement stimulant
Bra Fitting Expert (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 February 2019
L'équipe de Victoria's Secret exige beaucoup de nous, ce qui nous permet de nous fixer des objectifs assez élevés et vouloir constamment progresser. Les horaires ne sont pas définis, ils changent chaque jour, à chaque semaine, ce qui permet de ne pas tomber dans une routine. La gestion, en revanche, n'est pas la meilleure, nos managers font au mieux, mais ne communiquent pas assez entre eux. J'aime beaucoup travailler dans ce magasin, même si pour certains la pression peut être difficile à gérer.
Demanding and Challenging but fun and supportive work place
Operations Manager, West Edmonton Mall (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2019
Strong collaborative leadership from Head office and Canadian office operations to the store level. VS is an exciting brand to be a part of, and the training offered to management is extraordinary for a retail business.
Pros
Excellent training, skill building in leadership and business
Cons
Fun and healthy work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2019
I had an amazing time working at Victoria's Secret, all the staff is friendly and everyone is close to each other. The managers are very understanding, especially if you are a student
good discount
Sales Support and Generalist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 January 2019
VS overall was a good retail experience. Was able to work in all parts of the store expanding my retail horizon. The tasks changed day to day making it possible to learn new skills.
Pros
Discount and associates were friendly for the most part
Cons
Immature management, store was always messy, odd hours (would work overnight and be expected to come in as soon as 5 hours later)
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB18 January 2019
A fun place to work with great management and discounts. only downfall is that selling associates are encouraged to make hourly sales goals that are often difficult to achieve

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K