Victoria's Secret Employee Reviews

Found 356 reviews matching the search See all 7,961 reviews
Management was awful. Staff was great
Sales Generalist (Former Employee) –  Balzac, AB31 December 2018
Overall the staff was great but the management was not. There was only one who actually did her job before she left. There were four managers who would always gather on the sales floor and gossip about other associates or poke fun at customers shopping. It was frustrating to be doing multiple people’s jobs because the managers would never help. If they weren’t in corners gossiping they were in the office. Never present. Sad to see especially from the store manager. Not paid enough for the amount of things they ask you to do and especially being new and just throwing you in without adequate training.
Pros
Pay
Cons
A lot to do and never appreciated
Productive and fun enivornment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 January 2019
A typical day at work is helping out the customers, also having a good time with my co-workers.
I learned how to size them, to see what bra would work for them.
Even though I wasn't a manager, I was able to train the new employees, have them in groups.
Work place culture was getting along and multicultural.
The hardest part was finding the right bra but other than that was great.
The most enjoyable part of the job was having to do night shifts during the holidays, since we worked but at the same time we would have fun helping each other out.
Pros
night shifts
Cons
hectic customers
Fun to learn and work, high expectations
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 November 2018
I worked there for a short period of time. I got lots of hours to start with but near the end they just stopped scheduling me shifts I also wasn’t told that they were letting me go, after I asked management to notified me.
The discounts are awesome for employees you get 20% off everything.
The girls were nice to work for overall I had no issues with anyone.
High expectations for new employees, they want you to make a sale based off of videos you watch the first day and expect you to have way to much sold for just starting. I feel it was a lot of pressure when you’re only a seasonal associate.
Pros
Discounts on products, friendly people
Cons
High expectations for new employees
Very friendly environment
Retail/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 January 2019
Just be yourself and Remember that you have the right to say no to things if you weren’t trained to do it. Training is a bit rushed but it’s really easy to catch on. Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Pros
discount & gratis, Not too strict, Dress code is to wear whatever is in the store, learn how to ready people
Cons
- A lot of work, Pantie bars is always messy
Decent management, helpful employees.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
I was mainly a cashier and I liked it because management gave us a lot of freedom to make choices for ourselves. They were attentive and kind to the employees. The other girls were helpful to the guests and to fellow employees.
Pros
Discounts on products, respectful management
Cons
The store was often messy and disorganized
Not the right time
Sales Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 October 2018
When I started my job at Victoria's Secret I was significantly younger than all of the other employees, I was under 18 and it was very difficult for mew to make friends. The managers were wonderful until one of them was replaced. They weren't very accommodating with the schedules as they tried to make me work 40 hour weeks while still in school.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 October 2018
Management is rude! They Do not acknowledge you or your hard work. Expect to much from employees will get mad and yell at you if did something wrong. No training at all you’re put on the floor with no training and expect you to know everything. You get no hours. I do not recommend you to work here!!!!
Pros
Gratis
Cons
Management, work, staff
Empresa Dinâmica e Interessante de se Trabalhar
Especialista de Vendas (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 December 2018
Passei quase 1 ano trabalhando na loja da Victoria's Secret Pink, é um lugar muito agradável de trabalhar. Eles cobram muito de você mas te dão todo o treinamento necessário para você executar suas funções bem.
Pros
Treinamentos construtivos
Cons
Sem vale alimentação
Welcoming and friendly atmosphere, targeting customer needs
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 August 2018
As a sales and support generalist my job consisted of flexing between sales associate and cashier depending on store needs and customer volume. I worked to determine the individual needs of customers and promoted new and alternate products. I would collect and prepare deposits as well as effectively process payments and capture customer information.
Lovely environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2018
the people were great and I enjoyed my time working there. I did my training in a short amount of time and started working as soon as possible which was a great benefit. the team did a great job at making me feel welcomed and appreciated.
Pros
great discounts on things you'll love
Cons
short hours

Want to know more about Victoria's Secret?

Ask a question
Productive workplace with great people
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC31 July 2018
A typical day at work would be me on the sales floor, assisting customers with buying needs and offering them promotions as well as bra measurements. I learned how to be a team player, take direction, and how to communicate with a large range of people. The hardest part of the job was when it got busy and I had to manage a lot of tasks at once. The most enjoyable was easily my coworkers who made everyday at work a great one.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Lots of extended shifts
Plenty of work for little pay
Sales and Support Generalist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2018
Worked here for 2+ years. I loved the people, however management comes and goes. The employees are over worked with little to no recognition or advancement opportunities. Not a place to grow, just to work part time for some extra money.
Pros
Great team, flexibility during school
Cons
No growth, lack of recognition
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON26 July 2018
The company itself is amazing as its an empowering place for women to work however the london masonville location is not run this way anymore. The managers are rude, hurtful to employees and do not care about what the employees wants and needs are. The job entitles you to free things each month including new bras and/or products but its not even worth working there for that. The pay is minimum wage and the amount of stress they force on you to sell bras will have you feeling depressed if its not a job you're used to.
Victoria's Secret
Victoria Secret's - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 December 2018
The culture was very fun and upbeat however I had some problems with the management due to the cattiness of some of the worker. I did have some fun while it lasted but I was happy to be finished when I was.
Cons
Long Hours and Catty Staff
Competitive, but can be beneficial.
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2018
Management drives associates to push sales to (sometimes) extremes, it's the only focus of the company despite their claims of promoting a work-family environment. There's a definite hierarchy between cashiers, sales, backroom. Very competitive environment but you can meet great people and become a quicker thinker and better learner.
Friendly, yet breif
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 July 2018
I learned quite a lot at this job although it was my first job, it was very educational. However, it seemed as if they played favorites in a way, they gave most of the shifts to people that had previously worked there and instead of taking the time to teach and show each new employee each job. There was a 3-day sort of workshop that highlighted a brief description of each job. Despite that, the environment was friendly and inviting. Overall if you want a basic understanding of what retail is like this is the place to start.
Pros
You learn a lot as a first job, and very friendly enviroment
Cons
Favoritism and not enough with the teaching portion
fun work place
Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2019
working with this company is fun also working with different people give me lost of experience .this job environment discovering so many different people character base on we sell shows their expectation.
Pros
gratis
Cons
keep selling
Enjoyed it a lot!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 August 2018
I loved working here. The only problem was how management treated employees there was always a favourite game being played. They always picked certain people over others but as for benefits and how the actual company treated you it was very nice!
Pros
free items you get every once in awhile
Cons
management
Fast paced and exciting environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2018
It was a competitive and fast paced environment, you will learn people skills and life skills with this job. the hardest part of the job would be sales if it was a slow day however being yourself was the easiest way to go
Pros
Alot of discounts and flexibility
Cons
Competitive
It was fun while it lasted
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 November 2018
I did not work there long but the experience in stock prepared me for other retail positions. Being a guy makes it a lot harder for any advancement but if you are a guy that has to be expected the minute you apply.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Victoria's Secret. Our community is ready to answer.

52.7K