VHA Home HealthCare

VHA Home HealthCare Employee Reviews for Scheduling Coordinator

Featured review
VHA Home HealthCare selected this as a representative review
VHA is an amazing place to work. From the CEO to the PSWs everyone works together to make everyone feel important and appreciated. Clients are great and working with the LHIN contacts was harmonious and team like.I LOVED working for this agency who knows that healthcare should be, not-for-profit and given in conjunction with the Patient and their family. The Sr. Mgmt. and Middle Mgrs. are supportive and truly care about their staff. The In-Office and Field Supervisors want staff to succeed and their clients to be cared for. Nurses, PSWs and Therapists are top notch. I could not recommend this Home Healthcare Agency more.
Pros
Genuinely a healthCARE company.
Cons
None, come to mind.
16 November 2020
Thank you for your review and we couldn't agree more that VHA is a wonderful place to work. Across VHA there is always a strong sense of teamwork, respect, and collaboration in delivering spectacular care for our clients. There is a great sense of pride in the work that we do, knowing that we make a big difference in our clients and families' lives. At VHA, we all care, support and appreciate one another, which is the foundation of our success and ability to deliver spectacular client service. Thanks again for your review and for sharing your amazing experience working at VHA.
Stressful place to work, management sets you up to fail. Employees are over worked under paid. Employees forced to do overtime. Feels like the scheduling coordinators are being slave-driven by management in this company. Office staff are being micro-managed and expected to complete tasks that take more than 6.5 hours per day. The only good thing I could say about VHA is that the relationships between the clients and staff are wonderful.
Pros
Wonderful working with clients and other office staff
Cons
Employees are over worked under paid. Employees forced to do overtime.
18 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We understand the Scheduling Coordinator role is a challenging one which is why we provide extensive training for this role as well as ongoing support from supervisors to ensure everyone is set up for success. Also the Scheduling Coordinator role is unionized therefore your pay and work hours are governed by the collective agreement which is negotiated by your union. I highly recommend that you reach out to your union steward to address your concerns and raise them to HR for further discussion and resolution. Thanks again for your review.
The job always depends on the day. It can be a lot!! The only thing that is terrible is management. They don´t listen to the teams requests. The pay is not the greatest either as there are a lot of extra tasks the ¨leadership¨ put on the team and is not on the job description we signed up for.
19 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you felt this way about your experience at VHA. As a member of the Scheduling team, you do have a challenging role but it’s also very rewarding that has a big impact on our clients. It is also unfortunate that you did not speak about your view on management to a member of the HR team while you were here as we would have listened closely to your concerns because at VHA we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture where employees have a voice that will be heard at all levels in the company.
Very happy to be a part of the VHA team. It can be very rewarding but also very stressful and challenging at times. Never a dull moment, always busy which makes the day fly by. However, expect to work overtime to get all your work done. Both pros and cons with statutory holidays, the company is open 365 so prepare to work on holidays if you're part time and new. But the pay and benefits and other perks of the job are better than expected. There's a lot of changes that still need to be made to make the job more efficient for all staff but I'm excited to see what the future holds.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, nice work environment
Cons
Working holidays, long hours, no parking
Overflow of telephone calls, extreme amount of emails to return and review. Demanding position. Extreme responsiblities. Stressful environment.