VHA Home HealthCare

VHA Home HealthCare Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Featured review
VHA Home HealthCare selected this as a representative review
VHA is an amazing place to work. From the CEO to the PSWs everyone works together to make everyone feel important and appreciated. Clients are great and working with the LHIN contacts was harmonious and team like.I LOVED working for this agency who knows that healthcare should be, not-for-profit and given in conjunction with the Patient and their family. The Sr. Mgmt. and Middle Mgrs. are supportive and truly care about their staff. The In-Office and Field Supervisors want staff to succeed and their clients to be cared for. Nurses, PSWs and Therapists are top notch. I could not recommend this Home Healthcare Agency more.
Pros
Genuinely a healthCARE company.
Cons
None, come to mind.
Official response from VHA Home HealthCare
16 November 2020
Thank you for your review and we couldn't agree more that VHA is a wonderful place to work. Across VHA there is always a strong sense of teamwork, respect, and collaboration in delivering spectacular care for our clients. There is a great sense of pride in the work that we do, knowing that we make a big difference in our clients and families' lives. At VHA, we all care, support and appreciate one another, which is the foundation of our success and ability to deliver spectacular client service. Thanks again for your review and for sharing your amazing experience working at VHA.
Working as shift and visiting nurse in the community . what i learned is how to have a therapeutic communications, know my boundaries as a professional.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
long Broken Hours
VHA Home Healthcare is an active and productive place to work because it gives you the opportunity for flexibility and one on one patient care with families.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
hours not secured
The nursing and office staff are still amazing, but management needs a house cleaning. no support for new nurses basic training in a job where you are alone all the time. Coworkers will assist if possible.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, lack of real support, lowest paid nurses, no benefits no union no voice no ears listening to the masses.
I enjoy working as an rpn, my only wish would be that the job that rn's do and the job the rpn's do are the same but the salaries are not evenly close.
Night Shift Nurse, the hardest part of the job that sometimes client would not appreciate your effort to help/care for their sick/ill/disable family member.
Pros
free PPE's, sanitizers, able to purchase discounted metropass
Cons
over night shift tiring
Direct care with the patients is absolutley wonderful. Management have created a very toxic workplace, personell changes could change the environment.
Enjoyed the learning aspect of this job. Learned so many things with them. Just wish the pay was higher for the amount of work done and required even "off the clock"
Pros
flexible schedule with clients
Cons
long hours, little pay for amount work required
Typical day I would see 8-10 clients and provide them with care whether it was a catheter change or pain and symptom management for palliative clients.I have learned a vast variety of things while working for this company and have stayed on top of the new advances in practice. As well as, completing my fundamentals of palliative care, leap, and capce programs.Coworker were great to work with and were constantly willing to help with or cover my patients if I needed a day off.The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job are one in the same, it is helping clients and their families be able to keep the clients dying wish to die at home. It is a rewarding but at the same time it is hard as well, because you really get to know the client and their family.
Pros
made my own schedule
Cons
lack of hours at times
I enjoyed working at VHA due to my supervisor's good leadership skills.