VHA Home HealthCare

VHA Home HealthCare Employee Reviews for PSW

Featured review
VHA Home HealthCare selected this as a representative review
VHA is an amazing place to work. From the CEO to the PSWs everyone works together to make everyone feel important and appreciated. Clients are great and working with the LHIN contacts was harmonious and team like.I LOVED working for this agency who knows that healthcare should be, not-for-profit and given in conjunction with the Patient and their family. The Sr. Mgmt. and Middle Mgrs. are supportive and truly care about their staff. The In-Office and Field Supervisors want staff to succeed and their clients to be cared for. Nurses, PSWs and Therapists are top notch. I could not recommend this Home Healthcare Agency more.
Pros
Genuinely a healthCARE company.
Cons
None, come to mind.
16 November 2020
Thank you for your review and we couldn't agree more that VHA is a wonderful place to work. Across VHA there is always a strong sense of teamwork, respect, and collaboration in delivering spectacular care for our clients. There is a great sense of pride in the work that we do, knowing that we make a big difference in our clients and families' lives. At VHA, we all care, support and appreciate one another, which is the foundation of our success and ability to deliver spectacular client service. Thanks again for your review and for sharing your amazing experience working at VHA.
Working at VHA its very good specially if you’re looking for benifits. for a full time worker... it’s really helpful to work in the Company if you have benifits like health , Dental and more...
9 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We agree that VHA is a great place to work and offer a total compensation package including health and dental benefits that are very competitive and attractive to our employees. Thanks again for your feedback.
I’m satisfied need to be on time so that clients will not be upset waiting for the service each visit... so far so good there are client s giving a token everytime they want you and they are nice
19 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience working as a PSW at VHA and we agree that our clients are nice. Also as you noted, being on time is very important because at VHA we strive to deliver spectacular client service and often our clients look forward to visits from their PSWs because they view them as part of their family. Thanks again for your feedback.
Amazing workplace. My problem was commute, due to the fact that I don't drive. Sometimes you travel an hour to work for half an hour and then up and leave again.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
travel was hard without a vehicle
I dislike very much working with VHA. Your availability has to be atleast 16-18 hours for you to work 8 hours. They send you all over the place even outside of your area. The clients most of them wants a housekeeper not a PSW. They ask you to vacuum their rugs, wash their bathroom, sweep and mop their floors, empty their garbage and wash their dishes etc. The coordinators are very dis-organized about scheduling. You have to be constantly checking your phone for updates while doing all that travelling in between clients. You don’t get enough travel time in between clients when you have to take the bus and train. I would not recommend this job to someone who doesn’t drive.
15 December 2017
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. At the moment we are working very hard to improve scheduling and location issues by implementing new technology that will help to optimize PSW schedules and reduce travel time—a struggle for everyone in the home care industry. We expect this new system will reduce some of the scheduling challenges for both PSWs and Co-ordinators. As for your insights about PSW duties—part (though not all) of a PSW’s role is to do some light household duties in addition to personal care. These duties have actually been shown in studies to be critically important in helping seniors and those who are ill or disabled remain in their homes.
Good environment where Co-workers are easy to work with. My most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my client happy and satisfied with my compassionate care and service. On the other hand, the hardest part is getting no hours in 3 consecutive days.
Pros
Discounted metropass.
Cons
Getting no hours .
The company would be a nice place to work for as the clients are never too demanding but unfortunately the supervisors role towards the PSW's is a little overbearing on a already stressful job.
Pros
Ongoing training
Cons
unable to reject clients...