VHA HOME HEALTHCARE

VHA HOME HEALTHCARE Employee Reviews

I LEARNED -provide personal care and assisting with activities of daily living -demonstrate sensitivity, empathy and compassion -deal with persons with cognitive impairment and mental health issues -observing, recognizing and reporting changes in the client’s behaviour and conditions
Pros
Waste time on travelling
27 July 2020
Thank you for your review and for describing some of the duties that you performed in your role as a PSW. It is such meaningful work that has a tremendous impact on the lives of our clients and their families. We understand that inconveniences may arise when travelling from one client's home to another but our client services team works very hard to ensure this rarely happens by minimizing the distance to travel from home to home. Thanks again for your feedback.
Loved working here! Learned a lot and my colleagues were really supportive. Management was fantastic and created a great place to work with a lot of learning opportunities and social events. One of my favourite places to work!
16 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your wonderful experience working at VHA. At VHA, we work hard to create a culture and work environment that energizes our employees, and this happens because of the caring, helpful and spectacular people that work here across all levels of the organization. We agree that VHA is a great place to work. The learning and growth opportunities are endless, the bonds forged with colleagues and clients are long lasting, and management takes a keen interest in the development of their staff. Just like you, these are reasons shared by many of our employees as to why they also love working here. Thanks again for your review.
Had an amazing Boss! I had the opportunity to learn a great deal during my time at VHA. I'm thankful for every minute of it. My responsibilities were always changing which kept me on my toes I definitely was never bored.
Pros
freedom
Cons
no cons
1 November 2020
Thank you for your review. We agree that VHA is a great place to work because of the amazing managers and supervisors that work here as you mentioned. VHA also offers lots of opportunities for learning, growth and development which our employees value and greatly appreciate. Thanks again for your feedback
VHA is an amazing place to work. From the CEO to the PSWs everyone works together to make everyone feel important and appreciated. Clients are great and working with the LHIN contacts was harmonious and team like.I LOVED working for this agency who knows that healthcare should be, not-for-profit and given in conjunction with the Patient and their family. The Sr. Mgmt. and Middle Mgrs. are supportive and truly care about their staff. The In-Office and Field Supervisors want staff to succeed and their clients to be cared for. Nurses, PSWs and Therapists are top notch. I could not recommend this Home Healthcare Agency more.
Pros
Genuinely a healthCARE company.
Cons
None, come to mind.
16 November 2020
Thank you for your review and we couldn't agree more that VHA is a wonderful place to work. Across VHA there is always a strong sense of teamwork, respect, and collaboration in delivering spectacular care for our clients. There is a great sense of pride in the work that we do, knowing that we make a big difference in our clients and families' lives. At VHA, we all care, support and appreciate one another, which is the foundation of our success and ability to deliver spectacular client service. Thanks again for your review and for sharing your amazing experience working at VHA.
Management and CSC leadership is terrible. Constant micromanagement, toxic environment,The part-time schedule is done so that you are only available to VHA, no life and cannot get another job. Unhealthy work-life balance. Employers does not care about their employees AT ALL.
Pros
Work from home and even now than doesn't help the toxic situation.
Cons
Poor environment and management. Worst scheduling, micromanagement. Toxic environment.
16 November 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to hear more about your concerns so that we can help you and make things better. At your earliest convenience please send an email to HR-inbox@vha.ca and an HR Manager will follow to discuss your issues and address them appropriately. Thank you.
I was working there in 2016, very toxic environment. Messy management , just put pressure on the coordinators and health care providers to cover up all the patients they accept without enough men force.I lasted there as a coordinator for 3 months and I was the 3rd person who left the position before even finishing the probation time
19 October 2020
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear about your experience 4 years ago in 2016 and I wish you had reached out to Human Resources to express your concerns at that time. The work environment in the Customer Service Centre and overall at VHA is one of respect, collaboration, inclusiveness and teamwork. In fact many of our employees, both past and present, mention the great bonds they form at VHA with their colleagues and clients. Thank you again for your feedback
Working at VHA its very good specially if you’re looking for benifits. for a full time worker... it’s really helpful to work in the Company if you have benifits like health , Dental and more...
9 September 2020
Thank you for your review. We agree that VHA is a great place to work and offer a total compensation package including health and dental benefits that are very competitive and attractive to our employees. Thanks again for your feedback.
SENIOR STAFF are very frustrated and everything and anything contributes to that frustration and thats how they get away with most of their dialogues. Clients are good. Coworkers are amazing. But typical fuelling and Politics is a part of every morning shift. Love to work here but stay outa the cribbing for the sane of your ears and your peace.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
Less staffing so a lot of pressure on others, no stable hours, senior staff gets hours cz they are friends with the supervisor.
31 August 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to hear more about your concerns. At your earliest convenience please send an email to HR-inbox@vha.ca and an HR Manager will follow to discuss your issues and address them appropriately. Thank you.
VHA is a great company to work. They are very accommodative and support you. Got lot of help from my supervisors. Appreciate my time there. Great lace to work and grow.
31 August 2020
Thank you for your review and we couldn't agree more that VHA is a great place to work. We care about each other as much as we care about our clients. We have supervisors that are always available to help and we offer coaching, training and support for learning. Our people are the backbone of our business, driven by a shared purpose. Thanks again for your feedback.
as a home health worker you need to be patience and on time schedule,need to be aware what kind of client your dealing on a day,Learn to have positive attitude and most of all have fun even in stressful days.
Pros
very good supervisor on downtown Toronto
Cons
its hard to find parking in rush hour on this site job of downtown
12 August 2020
Thank you for your review. You did a great job summarizing some of the key qualities for a home healthcare worker. Patience, punctuality, positive attitude and passion for helping clients are absolutely essential to be successful as a care provider at VHA. Also to help our care providers be successful, as you mentioned VHA has great supervisors that listen to the concerns of their staff and treat everyone fairly. We are happy to hear that you love your supervisor because at VHA we strive to build strong relationships with our staff, clients and their families. Thanks again for your review.
great work culture, very good team. however they do not provide appropriate compensation for their staff- everyone complained about getting underpaid.
12 August 2020
Thank you for your review. VHA does have a great work culture and we agree that the HR team is very good. In fact, the HR team has been selected as a Finalist for the 2020 Canadian HR Team of the Year award because of all the great work they do. In return, they enjoy market competitive pay and benefits along with other attractive features that make up their total compensation. It's for these reasons along with others why our turnover is lower than the industry average. Once again, thank you for your review.
I learned lot skills and how relationship with client and family , the management and supervisor very support us ,but the benefits company only paid half self paid other half.
27 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback and we couldn't agree more that at VHA you will build relationships with co-workers, clients and their families that will last a lifetime. It's one of the most rewarding aspects of working at VHA. We also agree that our management team and supervisors are very supportive of their staff and we invest in our people so that they learn new skills and grow in their careers. Thanks again for your feedback.
VHA is a great company to work with. I liked working with the clients I met and learning about different cultures. However, I signed up to assist with personal hygiene care, but my coordinator was also assigning me house keeping work. When I complained, I was told that if I wanted hours, that is all they have. But I knew it was a lie. They have favourites and it is very bad. The negative aspect is the travel distance between clients if you don't drive and being sent outside of your catchment area. I signed on for work in the downtown Toronto but was being sent all over. The travel time between clients was ridiculous, as sometimes you didn't have sufficient time to get to your client on time. The coordinators often never listened.
Pros
You get to meet lots of different people and help those who need it most.
Cons
Being assigned a job that you did not signed on for.
27 July 2020
Thank you for your feedback and we agree VHA is a great place to work. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with your coordinator and I wish you reached out to your HR Business Partner to resolve this matter because at VHA, our customer service center works very hard to minimize the travelling our PSWs do between one client's home to another. Thanks again for your review and all the best.
I’m satisfied need to be on time so that clients will not be upset waiting for the service each visit... so far so good there are client s giving a token everytime they want you and they are nice
19 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are enjoying your experience working as a PSW at VHA and we agree that our clients are nice. Also as you noted, being on time is very important because at VHA we strive to deliver spectacular client service and often our clients look forward to visits from their PSWs because they view them as part of their family. Thanks again for your feedback.
Vha is a great place to start, the people are great , hourly wage is good, unionized , benefits are amazing however schedules are horrible and management really shows they don’t care. You will definitely feel like a number
19 June 2020
Thank you for your feedback. We agree that VHA is a great place to work with good wages and benefits. Regarding scheduling, we are sorry to hear you had a poor experience with it and somewhat surprised because our flexible scheduling is something that our employees value and appreciate a great deal. It is also unfortunate that you did not speak about your view on management to a member of the HR team while you were here as we would have immediately addressed your concerns because we always want our employees to feel like they are part of a family at VHA.
this company opened my eyes to a whole new level of experience and a new way of viewing things. met some great people there whom i'm still friends with
19 June 2020
Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear that VHA has provided you with new experiences and ways of viewing things. Another thing that makes VHA a great place to work is our tremendous staff that are passionate and committed to the meaningful work that they do each day. Whether it’s with our co-workers, colleagues or clients, at VHA we are all about building strong long lasting relationships and it’s not uncommon to see friendships built here that last a lifetime as you’ve experienced. Thanks again for your review.
The job always depends on the day. It can be a lot!! The only thing that is terrible is management. They don´t listen to the teams requests. The pay is not the greatest either as there are a lot of extra tasks the ¨leadership¨ put on the team and is not on the job description we signed up for.
19 June 2020
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you felt this way about your experience at VHA. As a member of the Scheduling team, you do have a challenging role but it’s also very rewarding that has a big impact on our clients. It is also unfortunate that you did not speak about your view on management to a member of the HR team while you were here as we would have listened closely to your concerns because at VHA we pride ourselves on our collaborative culture where employees have a voice that will be heard at all levels in the company.
My experience with VHA was definitely rewarding, I had just graduated in 2014 from the PSW course and VHA was my first job I was field staff, I took care of clients from whites rd to Newcastle to Brookland, VHA threw me in many different situations I learned alot through my clients and was very grateful to be part of thier team. I felt at one point they were putting too much on me i
19 June 2020
Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that your experience with VHA was rewarding. As a PSW, you do learn a lot each day interacting with clients and dealing with many different situations which makes the work very interesting and rewarding. All the best in the next step in your career and thank you for your feedback.
I really enjoyed the challenge in being introduced to a variety of different clients, different situations that i was thrown into, it gave me much experience as a new graduate. I was field staff and was new to Oshawa and i really got to know the Durham Region as i travelled from whites road to New Castle to Brookland to take care of my clients by vehicle. i really enjoyed working with my Palitive care clients who are at their end of life as i have compationate care and was honored to be able to lift their spirits in their last days. I learned so much from my senior clients, some lived through the war and were from different countries and shared their stories with me and i was grateful to learn of their history. I really enjoyed our annual christmas dinner that VHA treated us to at the Manderine chinese food restaurant. The hardest part of the job was when my clients life ended, its not always easy to not get close to our clients , however its sometimes hard when you get to know them for such a time as they become like your family. It was nice that the family invited me to their parents funerals to pay last respects as it made me feel part of their family and they had respect for me as well as a Personel Support Worker.
4 May 2020
Thank you for your review. It’s great to hear about your various experiences at VHA as a PSW and the positive impact you had on clients. Working in the community does provide our care providers with the exciting opportunity to work with a variety of clients and to build close meaningful relationships with them and their families. Thanks again for sharing your experiences.
VHA completely under values the incredibly hard work the extreme cleaners do. They under pay and disrespect all cleaning staff and deny them the ability to advance in the company
Pros
Gratifying community work
Cons
Lousy employer
4 May 2020
Thank you for your review. VHA greatly values the hard and important work that our extreme cleaners do so please contact the Human Resources department ASAP so we can address your concerns and resolve them with you.
4 May 2020
Thank you for your review. VHA greatly values the hard and important work that our extreme cleaners do so please contact the Human Resources department ASAP at HR-inbox@vha.ca so we can address your concerns and resolve them with you.
VHA Home HealthCare is a place where everyone is treated fairly. It is a place where you will find a face with a smile, a person who is willing to listen, a Manager who will support your professional career and advancement. VHA Home HealthCare is an organization with a heart.
4 May 2020
Thank you for your review. We agree that VHA is a place where everyone is treated fairly and supported. It’s a core belief at VHA that the work we do and the care we provide is inspired, creative, and delivered by a skilled team with tremendous heart. Thanks again for your positive feedback.