VHA Home HealthCare
Happiness score is 61 out of 100

VHA Home HealthCare Employee Reviews

Canada177 reviews

clientcoordinatorcaresupervisorcommunitysupporthealthcareavail

Really good place to work

It is fast base hard work and professional agency to work at and well organized aso good agency to work at also very good staff workers always helpe full good management

Pros

Profusion

Cons

Not too many hours

Great and have a security in the future

at first I love working to this company were it is my source for a living.. the only problem is they can't give any guarantee for the hours that you can get everyday is different.. sometimes I can just get 20 hours in a week were i am a full time on the past years it is decreasing more and at this time.. so How could I Survive to pay my rent and bills..

Pros

no time for lunches

Cons

no much hours

Insights into VHA Home HealthCare

What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Time and location flexibility

Not a good choice

no recommend as no pay garunteed. If your client cancel your shift, you will not get pay and no substituted job will be offered. If you are looking for stable income, agency will not be a good choice.

Toxic Environment

You dont feel supported when you ask for help, and they highlight your mistakes as supposed to helping you succeed. If you are a happy and positive person, you will find that within a month of working here that will be extinguished!

Pros

Hard to say

Cons

No time for break.

5 January 2023
We are really disappointed to hear that things didn't work out. The Scheduling Coordinator role is a complex one and our goal is to support our team to be as successful as they can be, this is why we engaged in a big project in 2022 to make changes in our coordination department to better support our employees. We would really appreciate hearing from you directly to learn more about your experience and what we can do to improve. Please reach out to our HR manager Ernesto Sequera at esequera@vha.ca anytime to further discuss.

Good working experience

I loved working there the company takes good care about you and your clients. They listen to your needs and wants, they don’t force you to do anything you are not comfortable with and best management ever.

Pros

Best benefits

Cons

Hours are short

I enjoyed community service

Nice company with consideration.nice benefits too.work life balance and staff are approachable..supportive(vaccine,PPE supports) specially this pandemic…

Super. is awesome Management do what they do(will changed review after working over 1 year,I am a new hire so able to give a fair evaluation later

Fast pase very hard working without a personal vehicle especially in the community.Lovely clients most of them Saff receives adequate amt. of PPE and continuous training and development

Pros

Flexible, Coordinators are great and you can get your schedule changed in an emmergency

Cons

Not enough hours sometimes

Solid place to work with people who care

VHA was a great place to work in general. Lots of flexibility. Leadership was supportive but sometimes slow to respond. Salary was decent considering it is a not-for-profit but home care is a tough business.

Productive work environment, supportive staff, horrible shifts.

I had an overall good experience. If you want to work from home be dedicated and on time otherwise shifts were very difficult other than that an overall good experience.

Opportunity to learn

VHA is a good company for working with great benefitsAlot of work so you can learn more & grow Provide opportunities to work as a Remote or hybrid model

Lack of management and appreciation

Job was fun and clients are a mix of good and bad, same with coworkers! Management and supervisors go from micromanaging processes they know nothing about to completely non-existent. Showed blatant favoritism towards staff. Very little staff appreciation, even when going far above and beyond your duties. Head office seems to forget about their remote offices when instigating new policies and procedures. They should also check in more with staff when local management is not around for a fuller picture.

Pros

Good benefits package, no afterhours/weekend work, very rewarding work helping the community

Cons

Bad management at all levels (although new CEO might be changing things), no staff appreciation, favoritism

Vha is a good place to work

Good benefits, nice clients, wonderful supervisors,colleagues etc. They have got their employees back. Great unions and have listening ears. They can

Average workplace

Hard to balance work-life as the schedules are changing constantly. Hard to get a full time position. Otherwise it’s an okay job. Benefits are available after 3 months. Eligibility to work from home

Great company

Collaborative team, great place to work. Management was very supportive and encouraging, allowing you to take on new projects if interest was expressed.

Its a meaningful job

I like working with VHA Home health care as a Home Support Worker because its a friendly environment helping sick people with disabilitues and other health needs. Some days are challenging but its part if the job.

Pros

Free courses example CPR training

Cons

Misunderstanding

Great opportunity to work independently

Working at VHA was a very good experience in community healthcare. The focus of being very independent becomes very apparent, as you learn to manage your own work assignment while navigating in the community. Being responsible and reliable and confident as well as professional are great attributes needed for the job. As well as being flexible and having the ability to adapt and prioritize to each client's needs and environment.With an ability to assess safe and unsafe environments and situations, and know when to remove yourself. Forsupport you can call on your supervisor or colleagues by phone.

Not a bad job, no room for growth

Self contracted position and you dont make enough for it to be worth. Your supervisors are rarely at the home and they are busy so you are left on your own to figure most things out.

everything needs to be changed. job tasks need to be shared by 3 people. too much for any 1 person to handle

never work here. insane working conditions. it is not good for your mental health to work here. you are overworked and can not take breaks or required lunches.

could be a nice place to work if salary is raised significantly

for new hires the work can be overwhelming; co-workers help a lot but they have their own work to do, most people have been there many years so they are comfortable with their tasks. however everyone, new or seasoned workers know that the salaries need to be raised significantly for satisfaction and happiness.

Workplace Culture

Lean more by courses programs providing usThan typical day at work is when some of your client prove difficult and decline your care for him you have to persuade the client and if the client say no you leave the client and report to supervisor most enjoyable part of the job is when our supervisor call a team meeting and our management work is perfect

26 February 2022
Thank you for your review. We agree that VHA is a great place to work. VHA is made up of caring, committed people who truly want to help and love what they do. Many of our staff and service providers develop strong bonds with their clients and families. These meaningful and valued connections are at the heart of client and family-centred care at VHA. We ensure our diverse team of staff and service providers have the training and resources needed to provide their best, personalized care, supported with programs from our home office as well as regional teams, including supervisors and peer coaches. Beyond that, we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package for staff and their families, we offer extensive training and development opportunities to support service excellence and career development, and we look for ways to empower our teams every day. Our people are the backbone of our business, driven by a shared purpose, and it shows. Thanks again for your review.

The job itself as a PSW is pretty good but the companies management and professionalism is pretty terrible.

Requesting time off is a great hassle and it gets declined majority of the time. Also, you will work through your shift with barely a break. The Co-ordinations/supervisors ignore your emails/calls unless it is of an urgent matter. You are also pressured to take shifts outside of your availability due to lack of staffing. It’s really stressful to maintain a good healthy personal life. Very disorganized.

Pros

You get to help your clients and form a great bond with them.

Cons

The Co-ordinates/supervisors don’t consider that you have a life outside of work.

5 February 2022
Thank you for your review. At VHA we greatly appreciate all the spectacular care that our PSWs provide to our clients and their families on a daily basis, and we couldn't agree more that one of the most rewarding parts of being a PSW at VHA is the strong bond that they build with their clients. Often PSWs become part of the family of the clients that they serve. Also with the pandemic and the Health Human Resources crisis that we are experiencing across the country, the demand on PSWs and other healthcare providers has undoubtedly increased and we are so proud how our PSWs have risen to the challenge and at no time would we pressure them to work without taking a break or take shifts outside of their availability. Our PSWs are part of a union and if this occurred the PSW could easily file a grievance since this would go against their collective agreement. At VHA, we understand the importance of work life balance which is a big reason why 90% of our staff recommend VHA as a great place to work. Thanks again for your review.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VHA Home HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement