VetStrategy
Here to help
Coronavirus update

VetStrategy Employee Reviews

Canada14 reviews
Overall, workers from vets to support staff and everybody between, are completely overworked and underpaid. It is a 24 hour emerg, with poor management, poor balance work/life, no SOPs, terrible environment as far as “work culture” goes. Management is gossipy, unprofessional, non-constructive. Breeding an illequipped and dysfunctional environment.
Pros
Okay experience
Cons
Minimal learning, poor environment, cheap equipment, hire incompetent staff
Head Office is great that you can bring your dog but on their terms. Some can run and be free while others are left to be tided to your desk.

There is back stabbing within your own department so you never know if you job is safe. No one thinks twice about gossip and the departments are cliques within themselves. No one really made an effort to mingle. The office/social committee tried to team building but it never worked.
Pros
Themed Days for fun
Cons
Cliques
Bullying and harassment and just ignored. No employee recognition or advancement. I was with them for 4 years and was sad to say goodbye but had no choice. No help no support just see ya later.
Dedicated 2 years to this company in Dartmouth, NS. Manager bullied and embarrassed myself and many other staff members in front of our coworkers. No room for growth or advancement. Underpaid support staff and veterinarians.
People are driven and sharp, everyone as their place to talk and improve themselves. Nothing is set in stone, except respect and manager are kind. They help their team to grow professionally and personally. Flexible, innovative and responsible teamwork.
Great culture of dedicated people that truly care about what they do, the clinics they support, and the community. Managing 120+ clinics isn't easy, so there will always be some challenges unique to each clinic. But overall, management is trying to create an equal playing field and positive employee experience at every clinic. There are some challenges as the company is growing really fast, but overall management shows that it cares and are willing to listen to try and improve when needed.
As a manager, I have found this company to be very fair and ethical. They value their employees and provide us with support and the resources we need to do our jobs well without interfering in our practice values. They encourage and support continuing education. They provide opportunities to grow and advance within the company. Hard work is recognized and rewarded.

Overall, it has been a very positive experience working with the people at Vet Strategy and everyone was very friendly and welcoming when we joined them. No regrets.
Dream job, great benefits, flexible schedule, lots of room for advancement. Great company to work for if you’re someone wanting to become a registered veterinary technician.
Pros
Flexible
When this place was privately owned it was a great place to work. It’s been sold to a corporation and the management and leadership is horrible. Most staff have quit. They do not appreciate their staff nor is there room for advancement.
Salary is not very good either.
Pros
Very nice Veterinarians
Cons
Bad Management
New management came into our practice and cut out break times and lunch hour to accommodate more appointments = more money for the business.
Result was, staff were overworked and tired, made errors. These errors translated into poor health management on patient side, unhappy clients.

The management did not want to consider or listen to change in accommodation for schedule of staff to improve staff work performance. Many staff had left and others were fired.
Pros
Cons
see above
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VetStrategy?
I really enjoy working for VS. Across all departments, everyone seems passionate about our mission. Positive driven corporate culture at all levels. Laid back and flexible environment in which everyone is willing to help and collaborate.

Lack of structure and processes can make work a little disorganized and frustrating at times, but it is to be expected from a company experiencing massive rapid growth. The good thing is that management is working hard to implement certain standards, processes and tools to help everyone's daily work life. The results are already showing!
No room for growth or pay increases. New Management bullied employees until they left. There was six different managers during my time there. There are a few good, supportive staff members there but they too are being forced out.
VetStrategy is a company with a collaborative environment. The workplace culture has exceeded my expectations and the employees make it an enjoyable place to be. There are a number of career development opportunities as the company continues to grow.
Great place to work. Benefits of a corporation with a small business feel.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at VetStrategy. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9