Verve Senior Living

Verve Senior Living Employee Reviews

My brief time at the Verve was overall fun and rewarding. I knew I made a lot of Seniors smile. The Upper Management from the Head Office were at the time supportive to those Managing each Verve community in a way that continuing education was in place. But when the General Manager was running the place in a different way a Senior Home should be ran, my opinion is that the Upper Management were not totally aware of it. Sad because workplaces like these need "caring people" and not just in for the job.
Pros
Fun Events; Meal discounts
Cons
At the time, General Manager was not really a part of the community & showed signs of racial discrimination.
Hello, As in lots of places, Carp Commons is understaffed and staff has to run to get things done. Now the retirement home is filling up, there was no new staff added. Management is a challenge. You have to check your paystub and I had to fight for my Covid pay. I still didnt get any. It is now the end of September.The girls who started work with the opening of Carp Commons are nice You could work there when you are ready to jump in without a lot of orientation. They are that desperate. They had a lot of problems with nurse staffing. You can get trained as UCP. Officially you have to have a nurse in the building to be giving out medicine. That didnt always happen.
Pros
They say you can earn Verve points. Iv not been given any, although at the hiring I was promised to get them
Cons
No time for breaks
Working in the household is not directed at care at all when working the assisted living household. It’s all housekeeping. Totally not what their vision is, at least staff wise. A lot of turnover already due to this as well as them just being greedy. Management doesn’t actually care about their staff and are sneaky. A few hardworking employees were fired for no good reason and some left due to coworker bullying and positions not what were expected. They lost a handful of very good employees because the standards weren’t up to par or what was explained for the roles when originally hired.
Pros
A small handful of good and caring staff that truly care about coworkers and villagers
Cons
Management are sneaky, job role is not what the job description says
Official response from Verve Senior Living
6 July 2020
We are sorry to learn that this has been your experience working as a member of our Village team. As we apply a social-relational model of care there are a variety of household roles that we all perform to preserve a culture of routine and normalcy for Residents. It is not the intent to devalue the professional skills our team members bring to The Village community but to imbed them within our household culture. We are very proud of all team members who have contributed to the growth of our community and are disappointed to learn that some teammates may not be demonstrating the values of respect and kindness we expect. The Village Langley, and Verve Senior Living, have policies and processes in place to address bullying in the workplace, as well as general complaints. We encourage you to please discuss with your supervisor, Employee Relations Committee representative or another trusted member of the leadership team.
I absolutely loved working for verve Senior living at Granville gardens, however if management had of executed their job efficiently I would never have left until I retired.
Pros
I wonderful company with great higher-ups
Cons
Not have a management back up their staff
This is a very good company. There is lots of change happening but its good. There is a lot of chance for promotion if you have a positive attitude and like to work hard as part of a team. The managers and director are really nice and try really hard to make a great new place for residents with alzheimer and dementia.
Very friendly staff and residents. Personally rewarding work. Staff can use the saltwater pool and gym. Unionized environment for non salaried staff.
I was hired as the Dining Services Manager for a brand new facility. They explained what the role was in the interview. But after opening, the role became very confusing with no defined direction. I feel like I was used to set up the kitchen and programs and then let go. The amount of demand on the DSM was astronomical and they wanted perfection as of day one. It really felt like there was no chance of a learning curve or a chance to implement programs and systems. I would not recommend working for Verve Senior Living. They don't know how to treat people or know what they are doing.
My day is filled with calls and research. I am bringing knowledge and experience to this position. The hardest part of my job is interacting with my supervisor.. My greatest pleasure is interact with the residents when ever I get the opportunity.
Pros
excellent salary
Cons
stressful work environment