VerticalScope Inc

VerticalScope Inc Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
Verticalscope use to be a amazing place to work for, but due to New management changes, it now Felt like a prison. I did not feel safe nor did I have trust in the Company's direction. This was not always the case as previous mangers took pride in making sure their employees were heard. I feel sorry for any new employee now working at Verticalscope. Given that I use to be a IT technician, I have first hand seen all the unethical treatment they provide to the employees.
Was a great place to work. Times changed and so did the company. Pivoting towards more profitability and scalable growth. Would work with them again!!
This company was built with a small start-up mentality, with employees who can fulfill multiple roles, work without needing micro-managing, and can make the most with limited resources. The company has grown significantly over the years, but has maintained that mentality, with both its strengths and its flaws.
Company grows by acquiring bulletin boards and community sites, which are quickly destroyed by excessive ads, page-slowing partnerships and ill-equipped moderators and site managers. User experience on sites is ignored in pursuit of ad $$$.
Sponsors are bullied and treated poorly by under-trained and overworked salespeople.

Senior Mgmt hides from rank & file, rule by fear is the standard. Blind loyalty is rewarded. Challenge the status quo or ask too many questions? You won't survive.

Training budget is non-existent. Antiquated tools and systems hinder employee growth and development. Salaries are below market value for most roles.

Corporate culture is zero, employee engagement is poor, turnover is high.
Pros
Downtown location?
Cons
See review
Overall good place to work at. Lively and upbeat corporate culture. Great downtown location. Good benefits and flexible hours. Not many opportunities for advancement or further training.
Pros
weekly snacks and occasional free lunches, flexible hours
Cons
salary isn't competitive enough, no opportunities for advancement
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at VerticalScope Inc?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at VerticalScope Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4