Vertical Staffing Resources Employee Reviews

Former employee
Product (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 February 2019
Just worked with Vertical and have to say its been the most UNPROFESSIONAL experience ive had to date. Ive worked in corporate enviroments and know professionalism the let people go for no reason, hire under false pretense saying jobs are full time then when it slows down they say temp. They dont pay employees for the correct time and promise. They fire people for now reason I have a friend I worked with through them who got let go for absolute no reason other then asking a simple question in.regards yo growing in the company but if the jobs not vertical they dont want you working it or with them. I wouldnt recommend anyone work through them just like the other comments state.
Worst agency
packing (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 February 2019
Fired for absolutely no reason!!!!!!!! Was treated like a liar and like I didn't matter stay far away from vertical staffing no care for employees....
didn't really like working in a factory
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2019
the days were long , very fast paced work with sometimes no breaks. not a very friendly environnment. place wasn't kept clean too. required you to pack several different food packaging into boxes. One of the main responsibilities were to ensure that the target amount of boxes packed that day would be reached in a manner that was neat and organized.
This review is specifically for Canntrust
Grow tech at Canntrust (Former Employee) –  Pelham, ON31 January 2019
Vertical Staffing has taken on the challenge of spinning the revolving door of Canntrust. Good luck with that! Canntrust is filled with a bunch of kids who indulge on the product of thier employer all day long. The lawsuits in the future of Canntrust will be extensive. They are very loose with safety and when you walk through the parkinglot at break you can see why. When the master grower and the golden boy being groomed for the glorious position of VP or whatever is being dangled in front of him, can be found sitting in a car with plumes of smoke wafting out, you know it's going to be fast and loose with the rules. If you want to find a career in the medical marijuana field this is not the place to do it. The best you can hope for, if you are not corporate oriented, is to lead a room and make $43,500 annual salary. So basically Canntrust will pay you that handsome sum while you bring in millions for them. Dont worry the "pot" gets sweetened with the promise of shares!!! How could you go wrong? Hey you can be the puppet of a 7 award winning legal growing facility and make $15 an hour through a temp agency and maybe get hired on permanently with more hopes of aspiring to lead hand and get a whopping raise to $17. From there the sky is the limit folks... shares!! Big salary raises!! All the promise of smoke and mirrors you can handle. Run away kids.. dont look back.
Pros
The people are fun
Cons
The people have too much fun
Horrible place to work
Grow Technician (Former Employee) –  Fenwick, ON28 January 2019
I would not recommend vertical staffing to anyone from my past experience working in fenwick at Canntrust. I had brought to my lead as well as vertical about a bullying situation I and other employees were in for over a month and instead of fixing the problem I was let go claiming I was absent a few days. The person is still there bullying other employees and it was even brought up to HR of the company to just have it all ignored. People who have also missed 15-20 days without informing anyone is also still working there. I use to love my job there and was even told I would be hired on full time by the company just to be let go as they refuse to deal with the big problem.
Jobs were easy to come by, no support from management.
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 January 2019
I had several great jobs through Vertical, I met some great people and the staff eemed very frindly and helpful. Unfortunately I had an incident where I was being harassed on the job I was sent tot, I spoke to my representative from Vertical and was basically told nothing would be done resulting in me leaving the position.
Good product and good helper
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2019
I like this job and i work there from one year.I think i learn so many things while this job amd improve ny weakpoint and always all the employess hepled meand guide me
Pros
Good timing of shift
Cons
Not a good place for professional worker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 January 2019
Lead hand was kind of confused. Had no idea of time management and work planning. It appeared that he failed to guide and giving clear instructions to fellow workers and then blamed them for any short falling.. Moreover he needs to learn some manners.
Pros
I wish I can find one.
Cons
Work place and lunch room far apart. Do not expect politeness from lead hand..
Bait and switch temp agency.
Packager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 October 2018
They post for one job. Then tell you a half a** story why that jobs not available. Putting you into something your not qualified or physically able to do. Was lied to 3 times, and I left the site the first day after the manager on site said “why do so many of these temps seemed confused on the job they are doing. We don’t offer packaging for 7 months”. This was annoying because I was told to try this position out, as packaging started next week. They don’t care about you, go to another agency. If your desperate for money, mentally prepare yourself to be handled by liars.
Pros
Almost made me lose the job I had.
Very Unprofessional
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 October 2018
I was hired at indigo through vertical staffing, and after the first two weeks I was told not to come in for my afternoon shift because it was canceled. This happened twice and after I came back to my afternoon shift the following day, my fellow co workers told me that there was work on the days I was told not to come in, then after that week they canceled my assignment due to absent days which they made me miss.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very bad management
it was okay
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2018
would not do it again.
very fast paced and always busy, however i found this to be good for time management skills. The HR department was very professional and friendly.
Pros
friendly managers
Cons
difficult work
great workplace overall
Full Time General Labour Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2018
the workplace was a friendly environment with a variety of cultures
easy and light labour, flexible with hours, lunch hours are paid and overall very good job.
Productive & Fun
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 January 2018
Working at Vertical Staffing, was good. its a temp agency that finds work that fits you best, So i was working at a candy factory called " Menasha" I worked as an line leader, Which means when the candy comes in from the truck, we just put it in the boxes an ship them out to the stores.
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
No air conditioning
Average Workplace
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 October 2017
Work is bearable, however work areas are constantly shifted and managers don't explain what must be done at each area. The work itself is ok, but not much stability in job if you are a new employee.
Decent
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2017
the job on a whole is nothing to be extremely excited for, 8 hours of labor each shift.
Extremely repetitive and draining
breaks are not long enough and atmosphere was clustered
Positive Work Environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 April 2017
I have worked for Vertical for 4 years, and counting. A young company striving to separate themselves from the "big guys", they are front-runners for innovation, consistency, and a positive experience for both the employees and clients. I have been given opportunities to grow with the company as well, with 3 promotions in my time with them. Hard work is recognised and rewarded! A positive environment to work in, with a great team! We have fun yearly kick-off conferences in Niagara Falls and Blue Mountain! Although there are busy times of the year because of the nature of this business, bonuses are given for hard work, and achievements. I love helping people find a job and be able to provide for their families, and helping clients with their staffing needs.
I look forward to many years of consistent employment with Vertical Staffing Resources!
Pros
Open-door environment, Opportunities to advance quickly, A great team
you will get a job... however..
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON29 August 2016
Very easy interview and sign up process, can get work the next day...
Almost all jobs are min. wage only, with a chance for increase. If an employer is interested in hiring you. They cant right away. You'll go on a 'hire track' for the remainder of the set amount of time (6-12mon), agreed upon between the agency and the company. I assume this is how they make money... For me, it was hard to work along side newer employees with less experience who are making more $s simply because they got hired through the company instead of going through an agency.

However the sign-up process was quick... I walked in on a recruitment day with my ID and info and filled in the application (took me 15 mins) and had a quick conversation with a pleasant recruiter who was very knowledgeable and I walked out of there a half hour later with a full time job, working straight days no weekends and starting the next day.

They worked hard to balance my work schedule to my heavy personal life demands..

Working with a bunch of rotating strangers was a bit daunting.. with all the different personalities.. However the leads and supervisors were fair and knowledgeable. And I made a few good friends.

My work day would consist of a gazillion repetitive movements while standing on hard concrete, with steel toes on, for 8 or 9 hours. But they switch up after every break and I liked the fast paced environment. It kept me rejuvenated and it made the hours go by faster.

All in all I would strongly recommend this agency if you need a job and time is of importance. Know what your signing up for
  more... in the long term as well as the short term. Ask lots of questions. They'll set you up with a job in no time!  less
Pros
quick process, balanced work/life, always work available
Cons
dealing with all the different personalities, if hired by company you still have Verticals salary cap until contract ends, which can take more than 6 months..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertical Staffing Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Vertical Staffing Resources Reviews by Location