Vertical Staffing Resources

Vertical Staffing Resources Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
The pay weekly, they got me work the next day. I had to buy my own safety boots. It was hard labour for minimum wage. But in a pinch, they were able to find me work quickly.
Alot of micro management
High Turnover

No work life balance

all you do is answer email

if you work on site and not at the main office you will enjoy the job alot more.

Daily 8am Meetings (Mandatory)
Stay away from this company. Worst management I've evee seen. They'll make you feel like you're doing a great job, but one day will send you an email out of the blue saying they don't need you anymore. No explanation given, no excuses or reasons.

As said before, please stay away of this Vertical Staffing People!
My experience with the ladies in Stoney creek was very helpful ,professional .
They provided me with options if you take the bus or drive and try to help when you keep an open mind.
They do not really care about the people they hire,I got hurt they never came to the hospital,I was off for six months and they don't call to see if i was ok.
Did pass hiring process without problem. I work in small manufacturing company. First assignment was easy the only thing was working during winter time.
easy to use and the management is nice love it but that did dink me for my EI but that because i moved, other then that i love it the hours are nice but makes sure you call in if your not going to its makes it easier for management
Pros
hours and pay always have work
Cons
hamiltion
Just worked with Vertical and have to say its been the most UNPROFESSIONAL experience ive had to date. Ive worked in corporate enviroments and know professionalism the let people go for no reason, hire under false pretense saying jobs are full time then when it slows down they say temp. They dont pay employees for the correct time and promise. They fire people for now reason I have a friend I worked with through them who got let go for absolute no reason other then asking a simple question in.regards yo growing in the company but if the jobs not vertical they dont want you working it or with them. I wouldnt recommend anyone work through them just like the other comments state.
Cons
Fired for absolutely no reason!!!!!!!! Was treated like a liar and like I didn't matter stay far away from vertical staffing no care for employees....
the days were long , very fast paced work with sometimes no breaks. not a very friendly environnment. place wasn't kept clean too. required you to pack several different food packaging into boxes. One of the main responsibilities were to ensure that the target amount of boxes packed that day would be reached in a manner that was neat and organized.
Vertical Staffing has taken on the challenge of spinning the revolving door of Canntrust. Good luck with that! Canntrust is filled with a bunch of kids who indulge on the product of thier employer all day long. The lawsuits in the future of Canntrust will be extensive. They are very loose with safety and when you walk through the parkinglot at break you can see why. When the master grower and the golden boy being groomed for the glorious position of VP or whatever is being dangled in front of him, can be found sitting in a car with plumes of smoke wafting out, you know it's going to be fast and loose with the rules. If you want to find a career in the medical marijuana field this is not the place to do it. The best you can hope for, if you are not corporate oriented, is to lead a room and make $43,500 annual salary. So basically Canntrust will pay you that handsome sum while you bring in millions for them. Dont worry the "pot" gets sweetened with the promise of shares!!! How could you go wrong? Hey you can be the puppet of a 7 award winning legal growing facility and make $15 an hour through a temp agency and maybe get hired on permanently with more hopes of aspiring to lead hand and get a whopping raise to $17. From there the sky is the limit folks... shares!! Big salary raises!! All the promise of smoke and mirrors you can handle. Run away kids.. dont look back.
Pros
The people are fun
Cons
The people have too much fun
I would not recommend vertical staffing to anyone from my past experience working in fenwick at Canntrust. I had brought to my lead as well as vertical about a bullying situation I and other employees were in for over a month and instead of fixing the problem I was let go claiming I was absent a few days. The person is still there bullying other employees and it was even brought up to HR of the company to just have it all ignored. People who have also missed 15-20 days without informing anyone is also still working there. I use to love my job there and was even told I would be hired on full time by the company just to be let go as they refuse to deal with the big problem.
I had several great jobs through Vertical, I met some great people and the staff eemed very frindly and helpful. Unfortunately I had an incident where I was being harassed on the job I was sent tot, I spoke to my representative from Vertical and was basically told nothing would be done resulting in me leaving the position.
I like this job and i work there from one year.I think i learn so many things while this job amd improve ny weakpoint and always all the employess hepled meand guide me
Pros
Good timing of shift
Cons
Lead hand was kind of confused. Had no idea of time management and work planning. It appeared that he failed to guide and giving clear instructions to fellow workers and then blamed them for any short falling.. Moreover he needs to learn some manners.
Pros
I wish I can find one.
Cons
Work place and lunch room far apart. Do not expect politeness from lead hand..
They post for one job. Then tell you a half a** story why that jobs not available. Putting you into something your not qualified or physically able to do. Was lied to 3 times, and I left the site the first day after the manager on site said “why do so many of these temps seemed confused on the job they are doing. We don’t offer packaging for 7 months”. This was annoying because I was told to try this position out, as packaging started next week. They don’t care about you, go to another agency. If your desperate for money, mentally prepare yourself to be handled by liars.
Pros
Almost made me lose the job I had.
Cons
I was hired at indigo through vertical staffing, and after the first two weeks I was told not to come in for my afternoon shift because it was canceled. This happened twice and after I came back to my afternoon shift the following day, my fellow co workers told me that there was work on the days I was told not to come in, then after that week they canceled my assignment due to absent days which they made me miss.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very bad management
would not do it again.
very fast paced and always busy, however i found this to be good for time management skills. The HR department was very professional and friendly.
Pros
friendly managers
Cons
difficult work
the workplace was a friendly environment with a variety of cultures
easy and light labour, flexible with hours, lunch hours are paid and overall very good job.
Working at Vertical Staffing, was good. its a temp agency that finds work that fits you best, So i was working at a candy factory called " Menasha" I worked as an line leader, Which means when the candy comes in from the truck, we just put it in the boxes an ship them out to the stores.
Pros
Long Lunch
Cons
No air conditioning
Work is bearable, however work areas are constantly shifted and managers don't explain what must be done at each area. The work itself is ok, but not much stability in job if you are a new employee.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertical Staffing Resources. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7