Vertex Resource Group Ltd.

Vertex Resource Group Ltd. Employee Reviews

Canada39 reviews
Unsure of work schedule and projects to work on. Poor work culture as people were over worked and did not have a work/life balance. Manger was poor and loved to mirco-manage.
Very stressful to work for. Managers disagree. Work overload. No raises. No support. Not a team company, no department likes the other. Bosses yell and scream at employees.
Worked here in 19, the management j and j Jr were 2 of the worst most unprofessional pieces of trash I've ever met in my life. Had personal gear stolen from me only to be told oh how do we know you even had it here. In the 3 months I was there I had 2 full paychecks o spent an entire month just about in the shop at their lovely what was it 15 an hr shop rate??? Do not work here
management picks favourites they love to talk about you behind your back there's a huge discrepancy between shop rate and field rate and you will be shafted out of multiple hours and hundreds of dollars on every paycheque
Pros
Cons
everything
They dont promote advancements, unless you are a guy. They dont promote training. HR is lacking and to be honnest doesn't feel like there is an HR much at all...
You could work for a week straight than sit for multiple days on and off. Hard to make money when you’re not working. Management is alright but they can’t even supply you with winter ppe.
Great company, very poor management locally. Potential to be a leader in the industry but they are held back by poor management with no support for field or office employees. Zero support, zero advancement opportunity, zero incentives, just a poor manager unfortunately.
Basically if you like not being appreciated, throwing people under the bus, doing things 17 times, listening to people who dont have a clue, trying to shut down other branches, and listening to Broken promises then this is the place for you
Their approach to feedback could be enhanced, especially when employees solicit feedback and get none. A lot of disorganisation in management and communication. Laughable approaches to some problems. Claim to have an R&D department but this is just a growing chamber with weeds in it. As a result of the company's 'growing' attributes, they are still young and lack IT and good process systems.
I would return to my driving position in a flash !
Really great place to work at the time but the manager then didn't have a clue what he was doing....To many hockey pucks to the head maybe ?

Now called Wrapex again and I wish the them best of luck !
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Vertex Resource Group Ltd.?
The people are really nice, but I do resent having to fill out these to apply for other jobs that have nothing to do with this. If I wanted to review them, I would.
Great - Learning new things everyday

Culture is great - I work with multiple teams - could do without the condescending attitudes, but that is life.

Try to help out as best we can, but sometime there just is too much to do with too little time - there is always tomorrow!
This place is a joke, lots of senior people who are long time friends or relatives of senior management. Lots of backstabbing goes on. Sw it a from a long ways away then happened all around me. They don’t follow rules or regulations unless they are caught, VPs are very unethical and love to let you know who they are when addressing others. Stay clear because you probably won’t last.
Staff retention is an issue. It can be stressful with all the turnover - and you don't feel supported - just expected to work around the clock to get it all done. No additional pay for on call - benefits are a 50-50 split.
There are different divisions with different sun corporate cultures. Each division is therefore very cliquey. Certain roles can walk on water while others are in the pit working extremely hard and get no recognition. You can guess which group gets the big raises and which are told there is no money in the budget. There are positions that are overtime except and they work long hours and with no compensation. No banked hours.
Management seems to be supportive but they need to re-evaluate the over time exempt rule especially for support staff.

Would be great that work loads are examined, hire managers who know how to manage, and finally review the systems so there is more automation and less on manual spreadsheets to complete tasks. You will have a better more efficient work force if this current practice is eliminated.
Pros
Coworkers. Decent benefits. Approachable leadership team
Cons
Invest in better systems. Reward your support team. Review pay increase and overtime exemptions
On call 24/7 you basically have to have no life. Family? Loved ones? Family emergency? They don’t care. Avoid this place at all costs. Worst experience ever
Pros
Non
Cons
They don't give raises unless you beg for them, and even then your chances are low.
If you have problems with the abusive management, don't complain to HR or you'll get "laid off"

No job security as you're always looking over your shoulder, especially if you're a female.

Constantly breaking DOT laws and labor laws.

Stay away! Unless it's something to float you while you keep looking for work.
Cons
Bad management, low pay, breaks laws, gender biased and discriminatory
Junk trucks, no rotation, on call 24-7, will tell you to be creative with your log books lol. This place is a stopover until you find something better.
Pros
The hydrovac division for this company is absolutely pathetic. The manager and dispatcher play favourites between a few guys. So a couple guys will get 100 hours in a pay check and some will only get 20. Equipment is good I will give them that but the overall atmosphere is toxic. Being told to shred log books so you can work longer hours and being told it’s work firstvfamily second. Highly recommend to steer as far away as possible from these guys. They go through 10 operators a month for a reason.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Horrible management
Vertex was a good company to work for but unfortunately due to the company downsizing there was a massive layoff.I enjoyed the daily challenges of the job.
Managers on the environmental side of the business lack knowledge, leadership skills, compassion and overall have bad people skills. Slaved away for Vertex for 18 months, putting in 70+ hour weeks for weeks on end, not even sure I got a "thanks for your hard work".

When I left and interviewed with competitors the competitors often referred to Vertex as a "Rookie Mill" ...It's a great place to start your career but most people don't spend more than a couple years there. Get some experience and get out. Or find a better company...won't be hard
Pros
Lots of hours means lots of money
Cons
Bad managers, unfulfilling work, no schedule.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertex Resource Group Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6