Vertafore Employee Reviews

Can be fun, management is detached and communication is poor.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO14 December 2018
In the few months I was there, we had three different CTO's and three different CFO's. Management would make decisions without consulting the development teams. It takes a very, very long time for changes to be approved IF they get approved at all. Not Agile.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to learn, good benefits
Cons
Detached management, low pay
Enjoyed my time there
Vice President, Field Sales Organization (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CT12 December 2018
Started with predecessor company that became the core driver of today’s organization and its flagship product set. Many positive experiences and opportunities along the way
Pros
Great product and services and customers
Cons
Current leadership doesn’t value those who helped build the company
A company in trasition.
IT Telecommunications, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA11 December 2018
Vertafore has gone through many changes over the past 18 years; I started in support of our Y2K preparations 1999/2000.
At the time I was working with our customers as they made the transition into the new century: the Company became known as AMS, a small local software company, selling and supporting Insurance Automation Software to our small to medium Insurance agencies across the United States. We were on the move up.
Over the years we were acquired several times, growing into the company Vertafore, Inc. with the last acquisition and installation of the current CEO it became clear that Verterfore, Inc would be moved to the Denver Colorado area. While painful to watch and knowing that change was in the air, I decided that I would take the opportunity to retire rather than make a move with the company. Seventeen years and I was ready for a change.
Pros
Pro: Great team of coworkers that became more like family to us.
Cons
The last years the company Leader Ship became isolated and non- communicative, Stratification between Denver and the Bothell office was the norm.
Great work culture for the young and up and coming.
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO11 December 2018
Vertafore is new to Denver, therefore most employees are newer as well. The lack of experienced employees leads to miscommunication among departments. There are a lot of 'right out of college' inexperienced employees that may or may not be a factor in the mix. Very laid back environment and lots of company activities and perks. If you love playing ping pong and happy hour in the middle of the day Vertafore is for you.
Pros
Happy hour, flexible schedules, lunches etc
Cons
Lack of communication and training
Great collaboration, horrible upper management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA7 December 2018
Vertafore was bought by a new company (Vista Equity Partners) and the HQ moved to Denver (after telling us they would not move the headquarters). The new management said that they wouldn't close our office, but then 1 year later, they announced they are closing the office on 12/31/2018. The CTO indicated this is the Vista playbook and that eventually all offices will be closed and relocated to Denver.

The employees at Vertafore are great and collaborative. It was like family, but then business happens.
Pros
Collaborative employees
Cons
Lying executives
A fun company to work for.
Temporary AR and Invoicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO5 December 2018
I hope to be back there someday. The environment is fun and friendly. Vertafore does a lot to take care of their employees. I loved the work that I did.
Opportunities to learn new skills
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA25 November 2018
Good people
Scrum environment. Very good collaboration within the team.
Fun
Flexible
Work life balance\
Working with great people with new technologies is fun part
Ugh
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO20 November 2018
If you like your code thrown away or needed to be completely rewritten then this place is for you. Started too many projects with no acceptance criteria or knowledge of how the service would be used causing guess work that would often be thrown away when more information was learned about what they wanted us to build. Also decided to take some developers and make them SDETs one day due to not hiring QA resources but then had no idea what or how to use them to efficiently do QA work. Definitely not the place to find mentorship or build a product you are proud of. However the development managers are awesome and try there best and it's an incredible group of developers that are a blast to work with.
Great people, senior leadership needs better alignment
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO9 November 2018
Vertafore has a lot of great talent, products, and opportunity. The vision is not always aligned at the most senior level of the company. This is has been the biggest issue working at Vertafore. Development teams keep changing on a whim, resulting in lost productivity. I have however learned a lot about different development methodologies, as well as a variety of product solutions (Vertafore serves the insurance industry, however it there are 40+ solutions offered in the portfolio).
Pros
Great place if you are hungry to learn. A lot of talent in the organiztion
Cons
Strategy lacks cohesive vision, leads to churn and lost productivity
sinking ship with new crew staff
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA5 November 2018
Company was good in the past but it is been taken over by the new management with less experienced folks. Not sure how the company will survive in the near future.
Fun place to work
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA29 October 2018
Everyone was so friendly and helpful when i first started. towards the end it got less so because of deadlines and such, but all in all i had a real good experience working at Vertafore and would recommend the company to anyone looking for work.
Pros
pay, benefits, culture.
Cons
unrealistic deadlines.
Great benefits, but still settling on procedure
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO12 October 2018
The past year has seen constant changes to procedures and processes that causes trouble and slowdown every sprint. That doesn't look like they've settled on an answer anytime soon.
Relaxed environment, but poor upper management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO7 October 2018
The office culture is pretty relaxed, but with the new Denver office, they mostly seemed focused on hitting their hiring numbers for the city bonus, and not with making good decisions for the company. We've had to scrap months of work because upper management changed their mind. There isn't any solid decision making happening. It also doesn't help that most of their technology stack is over 20 years old. Vertafore needs to catch up before they become irrelevant. They also pay way under market rate, which doesn't encourage much enthusiasm out of people either.
Great Place to Work
Customer Support Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO18 September 2018
Support managers know: take care of your employees and they'll take care of your customers. Helpful, friendly, actively work to assist with our career goals. Team mates exhibit great camaraderie. There's also Ping Pong, comfortable lunch and break areas, and don't forget beer on tap (that's judiciously offered at appropriate times with executive sponsored happy hours)!
Typical day at work
Project Manager II (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 September 2018
Review current project status, make sure that we are on track with the timeline provided.
Call clients and discuss project and check to see if there is anything I can help with.
Update timeline.
Pros
Develope good rapor with the client
Cons
too many phone calls
It has potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach17 August 2018
This company has the potential to be great. There are many benefits and you can see that the leadership cares and is trying.

I think that there are too many heads though and the top doesn't know what's going on at the bottom. The bottom level employees had low morale as a result.

I expect in 5 years they may turn this all around.
Pros
Employee engagement activities
Cons
Poor management
Disappointed with Company decisions and vision
Operations (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA14 August 2018
Having worked for Vertafore for nearly 10 years, the last 2-3 years really took a turn for the worse. Leadership and new company owners decided to lay off hundreds of employees who had the knowledge to keep our customers happy and truly were the heart of the company. Once all of the employees who were laid off were no longer there, many of the other dedicated employees also jumped ship due to everything around them crumbling. It was such a huge mistake for it all to happen the way it did!
Pros
Vertafore was once a great company
Cons
Too many uneducated decisions were made
Great workplace, until they relocated and stopped all services
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA26 July 2018
The Bothell location was once a great place to work...3 floors of employees, a Cafe Ladro brand espresso bar, free sodas and drinks on every floor, and ping pong on the main floor. Once the company decided to relocate 500 jobs to Colorado, most of these services (including the espresso bar) were stopped.
The company culture itself was not friendly toward the employee; little training, advancement opportunities, and poor management.
Good Place to Work
National Account Executive (Current Employee) –  East Lansing, MI19 June 2018
Vertafore is a good place to work and has flexability in your work schedule. The people that I was able to work with are awsome. I had a lot of oportunity to make my number for the year.
Shovel the garbage faster
Garbage Collector (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO14 May 2018
Dumpster fire alert, company is not honest and has serious issues. Can’t keep their products working thus customers are angry at you all the time. Unless you have a 6 digit offer, don’t consider the lies they tell.
Pros
Incompetence and the smell of burning garbage
Cons
You love the way you smell I guarantee it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertafore. Our community is ready to answer.