Vertafore Employee Reviews

Great workplace, until they relocated and stopped all services
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA26 July 2018
The Bothell location was once a great place to work...3 floors of employees, a Cafe Ladro brand espresso bar, free sodas and drinks on every floor, and ping pong on the main floor. Once the company decided to relocate 500 jobs to Colorado, most of these services (including the espresso bar) were stopped.
The company culture itself was not friendly toward the employee; little training, advancement opportunities, and poor management.
Relaxed environment, but poor upper management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO7 October 2018
The office culture is pretty relaxed, but with the new Denver office, they mostly seemed focused on hitting their hiring numbers for the city bonus, and not with making good decisions for the company. We've had to scrap months of work because upper management changed their mind. There isn't any solid decision making happening. It also doesn't help that most of their technology stack is over 20 years old. Vertafore needs to catch up before they become irrelevant. They also pay way under market rate, which doesn't encourage much enthusiasm out of people either.
Great Place to Work
Customer Support Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO18 September 2018
Support managers know: take care of your employees and they'll take care of your customers. Helpful, friendly, actively work to assist with our career goals. Team mates exhibit great camaraderie. There's also Ping Pong, comfortable lunch and break areas, and don't forget beer on tap (that's judiciously offered at appropriate times with executive sponsored happy hours)!
Fun place to work
Product Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA29 October 2018
Everyone was so friendly and helpful when i first started. towards the end it got less so because of deadlines and such, but all in all i had a real good experience working at Vertafore and would recommend the company to anyone looking for work.
Pros
pay, benefits, culture.
Cons
unrealistic deadlines.
It has potential
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deerfield Beach17 August 2018
This company has the potential to be great. There are many benefits and you can see that the leadership cares and is trying.

I think that there are too many heads though and the top doesn't know what's going on at the bottom. The bottom level employees had low morale as a result.

I expect in 5 years they may turn this all around.
Pros
Employee engagement activities
Cons
Poor management
Work Hard and Play Hard
SOFTWARE ENGINEER I (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MI15 March 2018
Vertafore was a great experience for me. I had fantastic teammates who really made the job worth coming to work each day. The culture is fun and relaxed. The company does a lot of employee activities like free lunches, ice cream socials, volunteering, etc. There are also some great perks. There is a great deal of room to enhance technical skills and learn new technologies. Management is ok, with the exception of Human Resources...don't expect them to actually care about the humans and you're just fine. Overall it was a good experience and I would recommend working here.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, free snacks and soft drinks
Cons
Hr, low pay
Great collaboration, horrible upper management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA7 December 2018
Vertafore was bought by a new company (Vista Equity Partners) and the HQ moved to Denver (after telling us they would not move the headquarters). The new management said that they wouldn't close our office, but then 1 year later, they announced they are closing the office on 12/31/2018. The CTO indicated this is the Vista playbook and that eventually all offices will be closed and relocated to Denver.

The employees at Vertafore are great and collaborative. It was like family, but then business happens.
Pros
Collaborative employees
Cons
Lying executives
A company in trasition.
IT Telecommunications, Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA11 December 2018
Vertafore has gone through many changes over the past 18 years; I started in support of our Y2K preparations 1999/2000.
At the time I was working with our customers as they made the transition into the new century: the Company became known as AMS, a small local software company, selling and supporting Insurance Automation Software to our small to medium Insurance agencies across the United States. We were on the move up.
Over the years we were acquired several times, growing into the company Vertafore, Inc. with the last acquisition and installation of the current CEO it became clear that Verterfore, Inc would be moved to the Denver Colorado area. While painful to watch and knowing that change was in the air, I decided that I would take the opportunity to retire rather than make a move with the company. Seventeen years and I was ready for a change.
Pros
Pro: Great team of coworkers that became more like family to us.
Cons
The last years the company Leader Ship became isolated and non- communicative, Stratification between Denver and the Bothell office was the norm.
Innovative and Desirable Place to Work
Manager, Customer Support (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO1 May 2018
An innovative company that is constantly improving their product. Great work/life balance and culture. Abundant advancement opportunities at this time.
Upper Management Chaos
Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA14 March 2018
Great people to work with, great products. Upper management places more emphasis on their own agenda instead of the customer's satisfaction. Good benefits and some opportunity for advancement.
Pros
People
Cons
Uncertain future
Great co-workers; Poor management
Training Consultant, Professional Services (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA26 February 2018
I loved working with my co-workers and our agencies.
I never successfully moved to a new role within the company, although I applied for several. It was almost impossible to be promoted to a more senior title, since management could not come up with concrete objectives for attaining the next step.
I hope that this new management assists the current employees with better, achievable career path goals.
Pros
the people
Cons
silo-ed departments, working in factory assembly-line fashion
Ugh
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO20 November 2018
If you like your code thrown away or needed to be completely rewritten then this place is for you. Started too many projects with no acceptance criteria or knowledge of how the service would be used causing guess work that would often be thrown away when more information was learned about what they wanted us to build. Also decided to take some developers and make them SDETs one day due to not hiring QA resources but then had no idea what or how to use them to efficiently do QA work. Definitely not the place to find mentorship or build a product you are proud of. However the development managers are awesome and try there best and it's an incredible group of developers that are a blast to work with.
Great people, senior leadership needs better alignment
Product Developer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO9 November 2018
Vertafore has a lot of great talent, products, and opportunity. The vision is not always aligned at the most senior level of the company. This is has been the biggest issue working at Vertafore. Development teams keep changing on a whim, resulting in lost productivity. I have however learned a lot about different development methodologies, as well as a variety of product solutions (Vertafore serves the insurance industry, however it there are 40+ solutions offered in the portfolio).
Pros
Great place if you are hungry to learn. A lot of talent in the organiztion
Cons
Strategy lacks cohesive vision, leads to churn and lost productivity
Opportunities to learn new skills
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA25 November 2018
Good people
Scrum environment. Very good collaboration within the team.
Fun
Flexible
Work life balance\
Working with great people with new technologies is fun part
sinking ship with new crew staff
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bothell, WA5 November 2018
Company was good in the past but it is been taken over by the new management with less experienced folks. Not sure how the company will survive in the near future.
Great work culture for the young and up and coming.
Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO11 December 2018
Vertafore is new to Denver, therefore most employees are newer as well. The lack of experienced employees leads to miscommunication among departments. There are a lot of 'right out of college' inexperienced employees that may or may not be a factor in the mix. Very laid back environment and lots of company activities and perks. If you love playing ping pong and happy hour in the middle of the day Vertafore is for you.
Pros
Happy hour, flexible schedules, lunches etc
Cons
Lack of communication and training
Disappointed with Company decisions and vision
Operations (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WA14 August 2018
Having worked for Vertafore for nearly 10 years, the last 2-3 years really took a turn for the worse. Leadership and new company owners decided to lay off hundreds of employees who had the knowledge to keep our customers happy and truly were the heart of the company. Once all of the employees who were laid off were no longer there, many of the other dedicated employees also jumped ship due to everything around them crumbling. It was such a huge mistake for it all to happen the way it did!
Pros
Vertafore was once a great company
Cons
Too many uneducated decisions were made
Must pass assessment without actual customer exposure
Technical Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO31 December 2017
I loved working at Vertafore, the employees and the culture.

Management is the most supportive I have encountered. They are actually interested in each employees success.

However, they require one passes an assessment test before actually getting customer exposure which may not reflect a person's ability to perform a job accurately.
Pros
Great work place and people
Cons
Testing
Enjoyed my time there
Vice President, Field Sales Organization (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CT12 December 2018
Started with predecessor company that became the core driver of today’s organization and its flagship product set. Many positive experiences and opportunities along the way
Pros
Great product and services and customers
Cons
Current leadership doesn’t value those who helped build the company
Was a good place to work, but little room for growth
LRS Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN7 February 2018
Vertafore was a good place to get started after graduating from College. The environment was ideal for learning how to navigate the 'real world' while developing skills that have been critical since my departure. My coworkers were by far the best part of working at Vertafore, and my managers were amazing. However, the upper management felt wishy-washy, with multiple replacements in my short tenure.
Pros
3 weeks PTO, flexible scheduling, good coworkers
Cons
Leadership is constantly under new management, and company is going through a lot of changes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vertafore. Our community is ready to answer.