VersaCold Logistics Services

VersaCold Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Pays more than most

A lot of people were promised fulltime but never got it or were laid off. Half of the employees couldn't operate equipment properly and were high all the time. Constant payroll problems. Scheming and plotting by a few employees to get others fired.

Pros

High wages

Cons

Racism, bullying

Proceed with caution

Its a workplace that is plauged with union politics. Most of the senior employees feel they dont have to work due to seniority and push tasks on younger hires. Then they lay you off after 3 months to avoid paying benefits

Pros

Not many

Cons

Union politics

Productive, Receiving/delivery in timely manner, Good teams

Working at Versacold is Competative, Good Management, Easy to communicate with Piers , Excellent benefits. All staff in plant are always encouraged to maintained open lines of Communications to cultivate effective working relationship. They always recognize good performance and accomplishments.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Excellent workplace to work with.

VersaCold is an excellent workplace to work with. Before, We have a lot and full of workloads every day.People around me especially my co-workers are very approachable and well friendly. Easy to get along with others. Even seems that we're been a little bit tired, still we are enjoying and having fun with each other while working. Mostly, we worked more hours than our regular time. I love working overtime because it adds extra money to my income. I am a hardworking guy as you know. But nowadays, I'm sorry to tell you that we are now slowed down because of this pandemic. Our workload cut down. I do not get any more my regular hour complete. Always under time.I am looking forward to finding a part-time job to sustain my daily needs.

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Now a days, mostly under time

Great work ethics and job culture,truely customer satisfaction oriented

Great place to work for. The experienced staffs will guide the drivers properly to safely operate the equipment and load to the desired customer location.The no stress but the positive work ambience will suit for some one who shows work enthusiasm and customer oriented jobs.

Pros

Safety bonus/yearly gift

Cons

Nil

The way it was/

The place was reactive to demands of the customer, causing the work to be harder or appear harder then it actually was. Management did their best but the demand structure from customer was not ideal. Everyday was a spin of the wheel on job demand, causing over or under staffed personal on hand for operational demands. entitled union workers. Some shifts worked better then others to meet demands. poor culture between shifts.

Pros

Benefit's and pay

Cons

Reactive management

Très bon environnement de travail

J'ai travaillé environ 6 ans chez Versacold. J'ai eu la chance d'évoluer au sein de l'entreprise et de construire une belle carrière. J'ai travaillé dans l'entrepôt avant de devenir coordonnateur puis superviseur. J'ai eu beaucoup de support et d'appréciation dans mom cheminement. Peu importe, la position pour laquelle vous appliqué dans l'entreprise vous ne le regretterez pas.

Pros

Excellentes conditions

Productive and quota oriented

Focus is on reaching numbers and accuracy. The more you learn, the longer you stay useful in all roles. Tardiness and absenteeism is not tolerated. Must be willing to work in cold environment for the majority of work

Was a very good place to work

I work there for 25 yrs the company was changing location it was too far for me to relocate so I got laid off I would recommended anyone to work for the company if they are not afraid of the cold plus you get to eat lots of ice cream if and when they are damage

There is a reason the company is called VersaCOLD

They will promise you full time instead of seasonal work. After 720 hours of probation you make it into union. If you work hard and pick above standard everyday and don't take any breaks then at 719 hours you will be fired because you are deemed unfit for the company. I'm not sure which is colder the freezer or the management.

Pros

Good starting pay. Good co workers. Work is light for a warehouse.

Cons

Union and management always butting heads. Unclear job security in the future.

Told I can make union if i meet expectations

2 days before my probation was told I don’t meet what they are looking for Perfect attendance perfect pick accuracy far exceeded they’re expectations

Pros

Cons

They string u along then fire you days before you make the uniob

toxic management.

lazy,liars,.back stabbers, incompetent, thieves, RACISTS. the upper management hasn't got a clue as to running a company that should turn a profit yearly. the vast majority of supervisors are totally incompetent and will let their special friends get away with doing little to no work.the company attitude is us against the union worker, look in the mirror your'e the start of the problem but will never accept this statement.

Pros

pay, benefits because of union collective

Cons

the review above says it all.

I have had bad bosses in the past, the director of engineering is the worst!

It was a toxic environment with Managers/directors not being truthful and unsupportive. I was bullied and the manager pitted team mates against each other.

Pros

Cons

stressful, bullied, lied to

Very Backstabbing Place to work in, do your job and go home.

Under paid and frequent change of management. Supervisors and manager has no authority with all union employees so, a lot of the blame falls down on the office people which has no union. Day & Evening Shifts looks so stressful to work in. Personally I would never work those Shifts. I loved working the Night Shift since I was by myself in the Office which made me also took on the job of a supervisor and the manager. I had no backup to help me with my work even if i needed it, No one would answer my call in case of a emergency...

Pros

Decent Salary with Benefits and Free Coffee?...

Cons

Awful Management.

Mauvaises gestions

Direction qui change continuellement ainsi que la procédure de travail

Pros

Salaire et temps supplémentaires

Cons

Mauvaise gestion

After 22 years still not sure how we were open that long.

Management didn't know there... from a hole in the ground supervisors were horrible specifically ones that bounce from one site to another back stabbing weasels.. Screwed me out of a job after saying he would give me a good reference.. Wrong dont believe any of them.. Karma ......

Great Organization

Fast paced and ever changing environment. Always supported by senior management. Allowed to work autonomously and encouraged to be creative . Highly recommend as an employer.

Horrible

Just a number . You only advance if you are best friends with management. The good shifts are given to friends and family. Way too much nepotism. A lot of lazy people riding the tail coats of the harder workers.

Loved working here

The crews were great people to work with and the training was excellent. They helped you out in a pinch if you were falling behind. The hours were flexible enough for me at a time when my schedule was really busy with other concerns and they worked with me to accumulate hours.

not a nice place to work

management did not think it was necessary to keep notes on collections so that all collectors could see what has been done in the past. I learned about food transportation. I liked that you could come in from 7am-9am and then work your 8 hours and you could change your start time daily.

Tres bonne compgnie

j'aime mon experience chez versacold , bonne communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VersaCold Logistics Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement