VersaCold Logistics Services Employee Reviews

Great people to work with
Senior Credit/Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC15 September 2018
Company offered Education opportunities for full time employees to help further their career within VersaCold. I took advantage of both the Education courses as well as my First Aid Certification
Pros
Monthly Lunches
Used to be a good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON18 May 2018
Versa used to be a good place to work, but that quickly ended as countless managers and GM’s weee let go and or left on their own. Versa’s Management team likes to think they had an idea of how the culture was in each of their buildings but little did they know that the unions were dictating what happened between those walls regardless of what management tried to implement.

As with any company there are good people their and some others are less desirable.

At the end of the day it was a paycheque nothing more nothing less.

Versa seems to have gotten too big for its own good.
Cons
Culture, management not listening
Good Good Place to work
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2018
Good Place to work I like reces peices and m&m's. Ice cream is good too and chocolate milk. Sometimes it is good to rest but only when the work is done in the cold freezer
great place with long term possibilities
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 April 2018
excellent staff, paid training and long term but you must be able to withstand cold temperatures. lots of work and friendly staff. its easy work that requires attention to detail and common sense.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no free lunches
Disorganized and high rate of turnover
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 February 2018
The salary of the job position of dockworker is pretty good, but there are a lot of downsides to this job. It is a cold storage warehouse with temperatures ranging from -5 to -25. New dockworkers are sometimes forced to do inventory in the freezer on a weekly basis of 8-9 hours. It is like working outside in extreme temperatures during winter. The workload is also tremendous and the amount of freight received and shipped should require more employees to be hired. The supervisors I worked under weren't the most friendly individuals either. Management also doesn't allow you to apply for a new shift unless you've been working there for at least six months, and that is only if there are open positions posted. There isn't much room for advancement and upgrading between job positions. I worked here for less than a year and saw quite a few people quit and new people get hired as replacements. All in all, a so so job at best.
Pros
salary
Cons
workplace culture, conditions and environment
Productive and fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 January 2018
Good job to keep you in shape and strong , fast paced and always working, not much downtime which is good. Staff were respectful and considerate of how hard we dock workers worked on loading the products.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC27 October 2017
Versacold is a fun place to work where everyone is like family. It is also a hard place to work because we strive on performance. Being one of the best in the industry is not easy work but the rewards far outweigh the long days. Here I have learned to be a quick thinker and really become souloutions orientated. Unfourtunately there is not much room for carrer growth despite the company growing. Despite that there are many people that have been working for 20, 30 or even 40 years, which is proof that this is a great place to work.
Pros
Free internet; Free cell phone; Occasional lunch.
Cons
Long work hours; Little room for carrer growth
not happy with current leadership
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 March 2017
Great team, great challenges, great place to learn and gain skills but employees started to be overworked when senior leadership changed and hired lots of management and vice president positions while cutting jobs at the lower level. Benefits were cut as well.
Pros
learn new skills
Great place
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC18 March 2017
I worked at Versa Cold full-time

Pros

- Good potential for earnings
- Fun environment once you develop a social circle
- Tends to attract nicer people

Cons

- Rush hours are hectic
I was satisfied to work at VersaCold and have a steady work life there.
Stationary Engineer/Refrigeration Operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 December 2016
- busy and productive
- was experiened for the job
- I had good relation with management staff
- I worked as a team player
- Long hours
- When the job done satisfactory
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too far from home
Great enviroment
PALLET ASSET MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 October 2016
Normal 8 hours

How to use different software tracking software, how to balance the books for 100+ customers.

Management only showed up when mistakes where made.

When asking for help, no one would comply with the rules, which made doing my job harder.

Learning some new everyday.
Pros
Working with new people everyday
Cons
Management not very supportive
Awesome company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC3 December 2015
Keying orders all day and taking calls from customers, I learned a lot about the food and trucking industry. We had excellent management, and my co-workers were awesome. The hardest part of the job was working long hours at month end and the most enjoyable part was Fridays when we would all meet for dinner after wok.
Pros
Free food from customers
Cons
with changes in management not bad place to work
warehouse/folkliftdriver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 September 2015
lots of laughs.co-workers were great.having to work i -20 weather 6 days a week.being left on your own.i learned to be good at my job
Pros
bbq every 3 months
Cons
working in -20 degrees
productive and fun place to work
Marketing & National Accounts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON4 July 2013
busy, full of business calls
warehouse/transport management systems