VersaCold Logistics Services

VersaCold Logistics Services Employee Reviews

The company the last few years has been poorly run. Future outlook seems dim. Multiple locations closing due to lack of business. Sales team unable to secure new customers.
Some people are great , some are grumpy . They'll teach you how to use machines forklift etc.. unlike any other companies you need to wait until 2 years so on.The job was not that hard , it was just very cold working in the dock. Bunch of lazies around always trying to pinpoint what to do . Some old employees just walkin around go in and out . But overall it was a nice place. The pay is good too.
Pros
Good management, pay is good, easy job
Cons
Bunch of lazy and grumpy people, cold
Focus is on reaching numbers and accuracy. The more you learn, the longer you stay useful in all roles. Tardiness and absenteeism is not tolerated. Must be willing to work in cold environment for the majority of work
I work there for 25 yrs the company was changing location it was too far for me to relocate so I got laid off I would recommended anyone to work for the company if they are not afraid of the cold plus you get to eat lots of ice cream if and when they are damage
They will promise you full time instead of seasonal work. After 720 hours of probation you make it into union. If you work hard and pick above standard everyday and don't take any breaks then at 719 hours you will be fired because you are deemed unfit for the company. I'm not sure which is colder the freezer or the management.
Pros
Good starting pay. Good co workers. Work is light for a warehouse.
Cons
Union and management always butting heads. Unclear job security in the future.
2 days before my probation was told I don’t meet what they are looking for Perfect attendance perfect pick accuracy far exceeded they’re expectations
Pros
Cons
They string u along then fire you days before you make the uniob
lazy,liars,.back stabbers, incompetent, thieves, RACISTS. the upper management hasn't got a clue as to running a company that should turn a profit yearly. the vast majority of supervisors are totally incompetent and will let their special friends get away with doing little to no work.the company attitude is us against the union worker, look in the mirror your'e the start of the problem but will never accept this statement.
Pros
pay, benefits because of union collective
Cons
the review above says it all.
It was a toxic environment with Managers/directors not being truthful and unsupportive. I was bullied and the manager pitted team mates against each other.
Pros
Cons
stressful, bullied, lied to
Under paid and frequent change of management. Supervisors and manager has no authority with all union employees so, a lot of the blame falls down on the office people which has no union. Day & Evening Shifts looks so stressful to work in. Personally I would never work those Shifts. I loved working the Night Shift since I was by myself in the Office which made me also took on the job of a supervisor and the manager. I had no backup to help me with my work even if i needed it, No one would answer my call in case of a emergency...
Pros
Decent Salary with Benefits and Free Coffee?...
Cons
Awful Management.
Direction qui change continuellement ainsi que la procédure de travail
Pros
Salaire et temps supplémentaires
Cons
Mauvaise gestion
Management didn't know there... from a hole in the ground supervisors were horrible specifically ones that bounce from one site to another back stabbing weasels.. Screwed me out of a job after saying he would give me a good reference.. Wrong dont believe any of them.. Karma ......
Fast paced and ever changing environment. Always supported by senior management. Allowed to work autonomously and encouraged to be creative . Highly recommend as an employer.
Just a number . You only advance if you are best friends with management. The good shifts are given to friends and family. Way too much nepotism. A lot of lazy people riding the tail coats of the harder workers.
The crews were great people to work with and the training was excellent. They helped you out in a pinch if you were falling behind. The hours were flexible enough for me at a time when my schedule was really busy with other concerns and they worked with me to accumulate hours.
management did not think it was necessary to keep notes on collections so that all collectors could see what has been done in the past. I learned about food transportation. I liked that you could come in from 7am-9am and then work your 8 hours and you could change your start time daily.
j'aime mon experience chez versacold , bonne communication
This company was mid-transition when I started. They had an entire team of new people for the restructuring who really did not understand the basic needs of the company. I was never provided with the proper training nor connected to the right people from the get go. It was extremely stressful.
Productive and a fun workplace with highly trained staff who helped to integrate you quickly. Punctuality is highly expected and attentiveness to details.
great place to work, the people that work at the warehouse are amazing and its what makes working at this place not suck, the cold is hard to get used to but you will and it will be worth it
I was working a temporary employee, and i'm currently seeking for full time employment in any warehouse company. in my previous jobs i worked in cold
I worked there for over 11 years & I enjoyed the people I worked with. I would say for myself I was totally under paid for what I did on a day to day basis. They honestly had no incentive for me to stay with the company as over the years of management turnovers I felt the company was going downhill