VersaCold Logistics Services
Happiness score is 65 out of 100

Working at VersaCold Logistics Services: Latest VersaCold Logistics Services Reviews

Canada181 reviews

Cold, seniority based employment

- 20 degrees Celsius working environment Decent hourly wageUnionized Need seniority for days shifts most likey will end up on evenings and nights Lots of overtime during summer and can get slow during winter

Office staff

Keeps you busy but very repetitive. Good place to work if you want to master your job and do the same thing day in and day out. The pay is fair, the work environment is relaxed and allows for you to get to know your coworkers.

Insights into VersaCold Logistics Services

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Great coworkers - great customers

Great place to work with great customers. Really nice group - work can be high paced but not too hard... it is cold though.Company lunches are nice and a great way to relax with you coworkers.

You'll be punished for working hard and rewarded for never doing anything.

Management is very weak, they're not bad people but they'd spend hours trying to hammer a round peg into a square hole instead of finding a better solution to the problem. They have a strong culture of "as long as it gets done what's the problem?" and only make changes when there's an inconvenience to them.Most of the older workers on the dock have a tendency to delegate their work to newer employees, the night crew in particular often ignores their duties and leaves the day shift playing catch up. There are some great people who work on the floor who do fantastic work, but they often do so to make up the slack of other employees just so they can go home on time. In the time I've worked at Versacold I could probably count the weeks we weren't short staffed on my fingers, people come in and leave because they can see they're going to be overworked while people who get paid more do much, much less than them. Because Versacold struggles to retain new hires, it makes life much more difficult for the people who actually want to get work done on the dock.There are some incredible people here who deserve much more than they're being given.The pay is good, it's the main reason I stay. Great starting wage, top rate is respectable especially for younger people. Lots of opportunity for overtime if that's something you're after. Benefits are pretty top notch, you get 2 weeks vacation after your first year and every stat can either be paid out as a full days wage or banked as a day off.Once you hit top rate you're left waiting for the yearly raise to ever see a bump in pay, which -

Steady job good for long term

If you don't like the cold this is not the place for you that's why it's called versaCold but all in all great place to work if you looking for longevity and good pay

Pros

Gift cards

Cons

Limited growth

Bon environment

Comme commis a la facturation, j'étais tres occupé mais sans stress. Les collègues etaient sympathiques et n,'hesitaient pas a aider. Je me sentais bien et les superviseurs et le directeur me mettaient a l' aise.

Versacold Northlands

Great place to work at managers supervisors and co workers are great to work with lots of advancement and not very fast pace which is nice would recommend to anyone is ok with the freeze to work here

Pays the bills.

Salary and benefits are the only pro working here. Unionized so not too bad for security. Good benefits. No culture or appreciation here. Dead end job no room for advancement.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Disconnect between upper management and workers, No appreciation from company, More you do more they expect.

Good company but poor management

The company is surrounded with great people, minus the upper management that have no clue how to operate anything more than their mouse and keyboard. There are heavy delays in communication from central even though they are only 3 flights of stairs away. 3 out of 4 of the supervisors are a joke, and if you smoke you seem to get all the breaks you want.

Ambiance

Une belle gang très sympathique. J'ai adoré travailler la bas. J'y retournerais sans gêne.

Overall my experience was good at versacold. Managers were appreciative, there was tons of overtime, they paid fair, you get overtime after 40 hours not 44, your paid for your breaks. A few odd balls to deal with but overall a fair place to work.

Pros

Great benefits, paid fair, paid lunchbreak

Cons

There was no standard so most the work fell onto the newer employees

It was good while it lasted. My facility closed down.

Was good...then it was gone. Fast paced. Get to drive many Raymond trucks. Team work. Pay check always on time. Lots over overtime. Time and 1/2 after 40 hours.

Pros

Freezer suits, and boots provided.

Cons

Cold.

Top notch company with top notch management

Management is there for you when you need them and are super understanding and helpful. The warehouse here is small, making it feel like more of a family to work with.

Repetitive work

Zero opportunity for career advancement. Management has cutthroat business mindset. The union does not care about productivity and long term success of the operation. Union protects lazy and even violent workers.

Stressful and lot of issues

Typically starts your day with a meeting . Workplace is really cold and busy but its easy. What I really dont like here is that how they handle people . This company has so bad human resource . You wont know when you are getting a full time job until there's a posting . There's a lot of grumpy and lazy guys (especially those old timers) and theres few good people. Sometimes you smell WEED and in the air .the hardest part here is theres too many bosses and some of them have some bad attitude especially at nights. The manager is easy to talk with. but below him supervisor/leadhand is so hard to talk with,

Pros

Bonuses/Overtime

Cons

Stressful Bosses

Pays more than most

A lot of people were promised fulltime but never got it or were laid off. Half of the employees couldn't operate equipment properly and were high all the time. Constant payroll problems. Scheming and plotting by a few employees to get others fired.

Pros

High wages

Cons

Racism, bullying

Proceed with caution

Its a workplace that is plauged with union politics. Most of the senior employees feel they dont have to work due to seniority and push tasks on younger hires. Then they lay you off after 3 months to avoid paying benefits

Pros

Not many

Cons

Union politics

Productive, Receiving/delivery in timely manner, Good teams

Working at Versacold is Competative, Good Management, Easy to communicate with Piers , Excellent benefits. All staff in plant are always encouraged to maintained open lines of Communications to cultivate effective working relationship. They always recognize good performance and accomplishments.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Excellent workplace to work with.

VersaCold is an excellent workplace to work with. Before, We have a lot and full of workloads every day.People around me especially my co-workers are very approachable and well friendly. Easy to get along with others. Even seems that we're been a little bit tired, still we are enjoying and having fun with each other while working. Mostly, we worked more hours than our regular time. I love working overtime because it adds extra money to my income. I am a hardworking guy as you know. But nowadays, I'm sorry to tell you that we are now slowed down because of this pandemic. Our workload cut down. I do not get any more my regular hour complete. Always under time.I am looking forward to finding a part-time job to sustain my daily needs.

Pros

Sometimes

Cons

Now a days, mostly under time

Great work ethics and job culture,truely customer satisfaction oriented

Great place to work for. The experienced staffs will guide the drivers properly to safely operate the equipment and load to the desired customer location.The no stress but the positive work ambience will suit for some one who shows work enthusiasm and customer oriented jobs.

Pros

Safety bonus/yearly gift

Cons

Nil

The way it was/

The place was reactive to demands of the customer, causing the work to be harder or appear harder then it actually was. Management did their best but the demand structure from customer was not ideal. Everyday was a spin of the wheel on job demand, causing over or under staffed personal on hand for operational demands. entitled union workers. Some shifts worked better then others to meet demands. poor culture between shifts.

Pros

Benefit's and pay

Cons

Reactive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VersaCold Logistics Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement