Vernon Jubilee Hospital

Vernon Jubilee Hospital Employee Reviews in Vernon, BC

Vernon, BC10 reviews
Staff are incredible , very supportive. And willing to help if you have a question or don’t understand something .very team based .Staff are very knowledgeable about their jobs and where I work are very ready to diffuse a crisis
I like working at the hospital, I work in the kitchen lots to learn and very fast passed . Have to be in good shape. I enjoy getting to know the patients .
Amazing hospital to work for
Staff members take great pride in the operating room. Very clean.

Amazing management who will go above and beyond to help you. They care about their staff in and out of the hospital. Has a real family feel.
VJH is a small hospital with numerous training opportunities. It maintains a positive environment for staff. The facilities are generally kept up to date. There is often too heavy of a workload in comparison to staff.
This is a care as a profession field, many staffs have been there for most of their working careers and have a wealth of experience to draw from. Be prepared for shift work and long hours and overtime. Be physically prepared for some heavy work and the repeated tasks of the day.
It is an extremely high paced and demanding job. I thrive in pressure situations where I have to think on my feet. The job requires that I multi-task and prioritize my duties on a continual basis. I enjoy working in a team environment with patients, doctors, nurses, porters, and many other health care professionals.
Pros
I am always learning and every day brings new challenges.
Cons
I am a casual employee and therefore is financially straining.
* Take all the shifts that you can during the summer and spring, because fall and winter are very slow months and not many available shifts.
Pros
Excellent knowledgable staff to work with.
Cons
Don't see a lot of the advanced therapies such as ECMO and HFOV.
Inventory was checked to ensure all departments had their medical supplies each day.
Budgets were continually considered along with quality of items for different situations.

Vendors were always communicative with new and improved items at great costs for the good of medicine.

Very medically qualified buyers and clerical staff.
Pros
Could empathize with the ill and see progression
Cons
hard to see terminally ill patients and sad families
I went from dietary to laundry and again great job and great people. Left and moved to Vancuver Island.
Pros
patient and understanding staff
Cons
Expect work load to increase due to expansions and job cut backs with no pay increase. Mostly rotating shifts (5/3, 5,2) for full timers. Union dues, parking and other deductions really add up for a smaller pay cheque. Employee recognition is not in the budget along with many other things not being in the budget. Unionised, don't expect wage increases, but decreases. Be a hard worker or be a horrible worker, you're not going to get promoted nor demoted or fired. Decent paying go nowhere job. Top heavy with plenty of highly paid management.
Pros
benefits for full timers
Cons
work environment revolves around money and budgets