Vermilion Energy

Vermilion Energy Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Vermilion was good to work for. I enjoyed almost all of my job there. I would say it used to be amongst the best places to work.
Pros
Solid, dependable company
Cons
A day at work was awesome. I got to work with people i loved, and got to get a taste of the office work culture. All of our needs were met as we worked, and there were few problems.
What is promised and discussed in the interview and job offer is not what is practiced. We were given Friday afternoons off in the summer but worked most of them due to antiquated IT/IS systems and the simple fact that time saving process were not supported. In a supposed professional environment Manger behavior was not professional.
Vermilion really needed to get a better understanding of some of there lead operators out in the field just due to the fact that my lead was very unprofessional and acted out of character due to his job title. Really tried to get along with this particular lead operator but he took a disliking to me and my position was terminated.
The culture is not Team oriented. One of the Leads is critical, disrespectful to the team members, not open to listening to feedback, had no issue telling off people in a group setting, belittled when asked questions. Observed employee break down in tears several times. Very low morale. Lots of overtime expected and unpaid. Seems like management unaware of this behavior or supports it . To be fair, this is one section of company. Dont know about rest of the groups. Communication with other groups was not encouraged here.
They had excellent company group events & exercises to create camaraderie between different areas of operations.
I really enjoyed my time at Vermillion people were excellent work was interesting and pay was great.
As this was a term position I did not receive company benefits.
Pros
People awesome
Cons
On
I like the working hours flexibility which allows employees conveniences in resuming work and closing. Also the one hour break time ensure productivity and work life balance.
Very kind and generous to all employees
Office space is big and comfortable

Office environment is nice and helpful

Friday has free breakfast

Stampede has fun event
I have enormous respect for the Management team at Vermilion. I really enjoyed working at Vermilion. I was able to grow and learn many new skills. I was able to have direct contact with numerous groups within Vermilion i.e. Land, Drilling and engineering teams. The teams were all supportive.
Pros
Co-workers were fun, friendly and helpful.
Cons
I worked long hours.
Great program, however they lacked placement opportunities for those who wished to go into plumbing.
I enjoyed Vermillion a great deal, and really like the people that I worked with. An opportunity came along that I couldn't resist.