Veritiv Corporation

Veritiv Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada42 reviews

Get out what you put in

* There is a high front end learning curve on older software. The size of the company & need for custom software means a huge expense for the company and much testing before implementation. Many people struggle with the multiple older pieces of software needed to do your days work.* High stress workload with multiple ongoing problems from clients, sales, inventory and supplier issues. Management works to mitigate the stress with various appreciation activities, lunches, snacks etc. Management team also focuses on ensuring you take your breaks/lunches and minimize overtime to avoid burnout. No working on weekends or after hours.* Company in recent years has decided on a culture change to be more supportive, inclusive and focused on staff growth. The position is also performance & customer service based at the same time. High performing people that are not a good fit or people That are a good fit but under perform do not last.* Company hires on contract to start and moving to full time permanent is based on the $ value remaining on contract plus fit to the culture & performance. People can get moved to full time ahead of others and this can be seen as favoritism.* If you can manage a high stress work load, always look to improve your work & not coast you will find a supportive management team and supportive teammates.

Pros

Supportive Management

Cons

work load stress

Worst Management

Do not join this company. People are treated very bad here and no support from management whatsoever. The work environment is highly frustrating and depressing. Management doesnt know how to do their job they pick on people who arent their favourites.

Bonne compagnie

Je recommande cette compagnie nous sommes bien traités

Pros

Bon salaire Avantages sociaux fond de pension

Cons

Aucun

Run away from this company

This place is like a revolving door, I wouldn’t even recommend this company to my worst enemy. Poorly managed with a very toxic atmosphere. Lots of favoritism and politics. Stay clear from them except if you’re really desperate and just want to be treated miserably.

Fun Place to work

Productive and fun place to work. Team is very positive and make new employees feel at home. Really loved working there and will miss it very much. They have a ping pong table in the lunch room and are big with team effort.

Fun place to work

THere is always work to be done but the people who work there are very friendly and willing to help you if you ever need help. Although it is somewhat fast passed, I find that this keeps the employees busy and not bored thorughout the work day.

teamwork

If the managers paid attention and then followed through with the lack of team work I might still be there..The lack of guidance and follow up was very bad.

Collaborative and fast paste workplace

I enjoy to work at this National Accounts department - as Account Management Coordinator; Corporate Account. We have support of our supervisor and we collaborate between us.

No thanks

Veritiv Cooperation. Poor moral from dedicated employees that have decided it is to best to leave the company. management in departments unable to assist with daily duties. Managers have not been trained in the system toassist their own teams. Ony short term contracts, and favoritism across all departments.

Fast space production

Physically requirement and focusing on proper performance in a work station, excellent customer service and safely operating a folklife around other employees

Pros

Confidential

Cons

Over time sometimes

Review Summary

An overflow of temporary workers, being hired on to do the work of others. Unrealistic expectations of new employees with zero actual training. When you get a practical order the senior employees would be mad. No lead hand. Pulled in multiple directions from co workers who are suppose to train and a supervisor with zero picking knowledge, superceding the direction of the coworkers, who know how to do the joproficiently.

Loading unloading truck helping out in the warehouse

Overall i enjoy working here great employees the warehouse manager under payed for the work he does somedays he was stressed out but overall it's a good place to work.

Poor onboarding

Received little to no training. No advancement opportunities. Building rundown and not maintained. No employee engagement. Long hours, with no OT compensation

Enjoyable day to day

Really enjoyed being employed by Veritiv, Management was great. Unfortunately due to restructuring and decision by CEO's and Boards, my position was eliminated, and I was laid off.

Na

I really dont have anything to say. So far I enjoy my stay and people I work with are awesome. Just the salary I think. Hehe. Maybe you are paid to be a little stressed.

Not great

As all reviews have mentioned. It will NOT be enjoyable working environment. Can only seeing the typical day getting worse, going forwards. Do not work at this TOXIC environment. As other reviews have mentioned, the change needs to be Management in all departments. No vision, no future at veritiv. They need a restructure, starting with management and HR.

Pros

Coffee

Cons

Management, Sales Reps

Ok job

Permanent Full-Time only given to those how have connections in company, not on skills you bring. Only contract jobs offered to others, if that. Senior management played favourites.

Pros

reliable hours

Cons

Senior CS Manager

I recommend a great cleansing in effect immediately for Lead Staff.

There was such a bad taste left in my mouth after exploring the environment at this company, I wanted to rip taste buds out of my mouth upon leaving the building. The contract had to be shortened as I couldn't cope with the sickening disorganization and blatant disrespect on the live floor. The management is almost the worst we have ever seen with the discrimination, rude attitude, passive aggressiveness. HR thinks they know what they are doing but they are trying too hard to keep a fake image. I call it the The Masterpiece of Failure and they wear it proudly. A clean sweep adjudication process is severely needed of this branch as the turnover rates are astounding. Try not to get nauseated while reading the other reviews about this company on this site.

Pros

Nothing has been noted.

Cons

Management, Recruiting and HR

Accountant

No SOP employee manual probably reason for constant questioning at month end and fear of making mistakes which are openly shared with rest of employees, as an example by mgrs and superv. Mostly female middle aged employees w/ clicky work environment. Micromgmt by team leads and little decision making by employees.

Pros

good parking

Cons

tightly controlled & managed employees

Do not work here

This company is absolutely brutal to work for. Management has no clue about the market. Minimum orders are at least double all other competitors and customer service is non existent. Centralized everything so it takes forever to get things done. 90% of your time is spent in non sales activities. Try beating your head against a wall and you would start to get the idea. Extremely frustrating and toxic atmosphere. Most would jump at another opportunity if available. Just look as the stock performance. That says it all.

Pros

Cons

Too many to mention

Great supervisor but company is clueless

Great co workers, but can’t believe this company is making a profit! Horrible work environment, poor moral overall, but most people that work there are great.

Pros

Equipment, hours

Cons

Management, organization, communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Veritiv Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement