Veritiv Corporation

Veritiv Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada37 reviews
THere is always work to be done but the people who work there are very friendly and willing to help you if you ever need help. Although it is somewhat fast passed, I find that this keeps the employees busy and not bored thorughout the work day.
If the managers paid attention and then followed through with the lack of team work I might still be there..The lack of guidance and follow up was very bad.
I enjoy to work at this National Accounts department - as Account Management Coordinator; Corporate Account.
We have support of our supervisor and we collaborate between us.
Veritiv Cooperation. Poor moral from dedicated employees that have decided it is to best to leave the company. management in departments unable to assist with daily duties. Managers have not been trained in the system toassist their own teams. Ony short term contracts, and favoritism across all departments.
Physically requirement and focusing on proper performance in a work station, excellent customer service and safely operating a folklife around other employees
Pros
Confidential
Cons
Over time sometimes
An overflow of temporary workers, being hired on to do the work of others. Unrealistic expectations of new employees with zero actual training. When you get a practical order the senior employees would be mad. No lead hand. Pulled in multiple directions from co workers who are suppose to train and a supervisor with zero picking knowledge, superceding the direction of the coworkers, who know how to do the joproficiently.
Overall i enjoy working here great employees the warehouse manager under payed for the work he does somedays he was stressed out but overall it's a good place to work.
Received little to no training. No advancement opportunities. Building rundown and not maintained. No employee engagement. Long hours, with no OT compensation
Really enjoyed being employed by Veritiv, Management was great.
Unfortunately due to restructuring and decision by CEO's and Boards, my position was eliminated, and I was laid off.
I really dont have anything to say. So far I enjoy my stay and people I work with are awesome. Just the salary I think. Hehe. Maybe you are paid to be a little stressed.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Veritiv Corporation?
As all reviews have mentioned. It will NOT be enjoyable working environment. Can only seeing the typical day getting worse, going forwards. Do not work at this TOXIC environment.

As other reviews have mentioned, the change needs to be Management in all departments. No vision, no future at veritiv. They need a restructure, starting with management and HR.
Pros
Coffee
Cons
Management, Sales Reps
Permanent Full-Time only given to those how have connections in company, not on skills you bring. Only contract jobs offered to others, if that. Senior management played favourites.
Pros
reliable hours
Cons
Senior CS Manager
There was such a bad taste left in my mouth after exploring the environment at this company, I wanted to rip taste buds out of my mouth upon leaving the building. The contract had to be shortened as I couldn't cope with the sickening disorganization and blatant disrespect on the live floor.

The management is almost the worst we have ever seen with the discrimination, rude attitude, passive aggressiveness.

HR thinks they know what they are doing but they are trying too hard to keep a fake image. I call it the The Masterpiece of Failure and they wear it proudly.

A clean sweep adjudication process is severely needed of this branch as the turnover rates are astounding. Try not to get nauseated while reading the other reviews about this company on this site.
Pros
Nothing has been noted.
Cons
Management, Recruiting and HR
No SOP employee manual probably reason for constant questioning at month end and fear of making mistakes which are openly shared with rest of employees, as an example by mgrs and superv. Mostly female middle aged employees w/ clicky work environment. Micromgmt by team leads and little decision making by employees.
Pros
good parking
Cons
tightly controlled & managed employees
This company is absolutely brutal to work for. Management has no clue about the market. Minimum orders are at least double all other competitors and customer service is non existent. Centralized everything so it takes forever to get things done. 90% of your time is spent in non sales activities. Try beating your head against a wall and you would start to get the idea. Extremely frustrating and toxic atmosphere. Most would jump at another opportunity if available. Just look as the stock performance. That says it all.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Great co workers, but can’t believe this company is making a profit!
Horrible work environment, poor moral overall, but most people that work there are great.
Pros
Equipment, hours
Cons
Management, organization, communication
Unless you're up for being 110% pressured to learn 10+ astoundingly old software in a matter of weeks, abysmal training, and dealing managers that are more focused on bullying their staff than... well actually managing it, you're in for a very frustrating experience.

This is my absolute truth from my own experience. They'll tell you upon hire is that they care and one of their priorities is your improvement. However, this is far from the case as many of us started in a small class that was reduced to none within days despite our growth. No reasons given.

The work content is massive and the training was god-awful. As mentioned, you're expected to learn and communicate between 10+ applications/software (some of which are drastically old or flat out useless) and a years worth of hands-on experience within weeks, if not you're pretty much out of door. They also find it funny to talk loud, play ringtones, and bang on things during your exams to see if you can handle the pressure... none found this funny, but rather embarrassing for what's deemed to be a professional organization.

Since Unisource's change to Veritiv, I've come to find out that many longtime employees have since left and the numbers are still dwindling. There is a huge disconnect between the workers and the managers as they refuse to listen to their employees, small problems are always made into big problems, and they're now building a reputation for bringing on new hires and pushing those out the door they don't like just on a personal level alone.

My overall experience here was disturbing and nonsensical.
 - more...
Pros
Decent work hours, Some friendly staff
Cons
Horrible management, Terrible training, Out dated systems, Ran like a daycare
Veritiv is leading North American distribution company with head quarter in Atlanta.
I am proud to be part of our team with great management.

Distribution business is different from regular company. Efficiency and exceptional customer service is priority.

The hardest part of my job is to juggle many tasks in short period of time.

The beauty is the great feeling of accomplishment at the end of the day.
Pros
Free coffee and tea, brand new office.
Cons
A/C is too strong sometimes.
Good company to work for long term. Maintains excellent work life balance. Decent salary and benefits. Provides average growth opportunities. Travel not required. Offices across major canadian cities.
Veritiv has good people, decent management (for the most part) and do make an effort to treat employees fairly well.

However, the pay for some positions is lower than average which causes more turnover than what it should be.

I'd probably rate it as a 4-star operation (out of 5) but yeah the money isn't good enough and they have a hard time keeping people, unfortunately.
Pros
Free food, laid-back atmosphere, competent managers
Cons
Below average pay
Extremely poor management. Under qualified and no idea what actually goes on in their warehouse, because 1-they make brief appearances and stand around. 2- rely on computer numbers and people snitching on each other to make gauge warehouse activities 3- flat out say THEY can't do their job but you have to do yours 4- use the word team but have their own private team and agendas 5- say they don't have to supervise because you are all adults but they treat you like a child and take away any freedoms and condem independent thinking. STAY AWAY from Edmonton branch
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Very poor management