Veranova Properties Ltd

Veranova Properties Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada12 reviews
A very busy industry, a nice environment and nice people to work with, serious and respectful to one another. A very serious company especially the legal side department. Easy to communicate with management.
The company has once a month lunch for the employees.
Too bad the owners of this company don’t know what’s really going on there with upper Managment. They need to really look at the “team” they have at the top. This place is so toxic. People are scared to tell anyone how bad it is. HR couldn’t even help.
Pros
Some coworkers are nice
Cons
Toxic environment
Horrible horrible place to work.

Management is too busy looking for their employees flaws rather than thanking them for all their hard work, overtime and management of files.

No support from the management team-it is clear that they have not sat in our position and completed what we do in a day nor are they willing to learn or direct us
Cons
Senior management
You start out enjoying your work, then you get more and more thrown at you at one point i was doing enough work for three employees, then you ask for help from your team lead and get told to get help from a coworker instead. If you are not in with the crowd you are nothing management favors their friends and will cut you lose with no second thought.
I was able to gain a large amount of knowledge both on day to day tasks as well as striving to learn more on the business side. Most important lesson learned is how to be a supportive manager but also how not to be a manager. Every position has it's pro's and con's and it's what you learn from both the good and the bad.
The head office in Toronto are not team players. They make decisions based on personal information and don't give gratitude or acknowledgment to the people who help the company grow or stay on track. Turnover is high and an overall unprofessional company to work for. Workplace culture is non-existent and the mission statement is basically just another poster on the wall.
Pros
Some staff was kind and well to do
Cons
No recognition and added work put onto your responsibilities without extra compensation
I love the job I do there, my co-workers are good the contractors and clients we deal with are great. I have been able to develop not only my work skills but also found myself growing as a person within the 3 years.
A typical day at work would be review clients request via email. Check you your reminders set for each file and proceed accordingly.
I learned from Veranova how the relocation department is managed and knowledge of service agreements.

The management at Veranova Properties was good. We would excursions with fellow employees which was nice to mingle and get to know each other better aside from work. The culture in the company was good. The hardest part of the job was if a contractor didn't do a great job it made Veranova look bad in the eyes of the client. However we did always make sure the issue was resolved quickly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working as a team when needed with my co-workers.
Pros
Free Lunch and Employee Events
Cons
It has been owesome to be part of this organization, very friendly management and coworkers. Lots of Summer Friday priveledges, Summer drinks to cool off the heat, movie passes and fun recognition system.
Pros
Treats, movie passes, early off Fridays
Cons
Pressure working on projects at times
I worked at veranova properties in Dartmouth. I can confirm that staff is always walking on eggshells in fear of losing their job. Morale was extremely low when I worked there. Management would find small reasons and even fabricate reasons for you to lose your job.
I witnessed this numerous times with new employees on their probation/training periods. If management did not like you for any reason, regardless of job performance.. they would make up a reason to fire you during your probation period so they would not have to give a reason for dismissal.

I left on my own accord after a year of working there as I could not handle the atmosphere any longer.
The atmosphere at Veranova was very bleak. Workers were always walking on eggshells around the manager who was NOT at all approachable.
A very dour workplace. Management was not a friendly person and seemed to be in a bad mood at all times.

Co-workers were are afraid of losing their jobs over the simplest matters.
Pros
good wage/benefits
Cons
negative enviroment