Venue Financial Centres Employee Reviews

You'll be looking for a job again in 2 months.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC16 February 2018
Hands down the worst company I have ever worked for.
Minimal training and maximum expectations. Staff turnover rate is extremely high as the company has some seriously shady practices.
Worst benefit package imaginable at over $100 off each paycheque. It provides minimal coverage, and it's not optional.
Anyone saying it's an awesome company to work for is in all likelihood a manager desperate for staff.
Part of the job descrition not listed - Expected to hunt debtors down at their homes and places of employment, attend court hearings, sell bogus insurance and "free" credit cards. Worded carefully so as not to upset Consumer Protection. Large amounts of cash on premises with no safety precautions or barriers.
Often so short staffed you do not get breaks and end up working long hours for little appreciation.
The best part about this job are the customers.
I could go on, but in all honesty, unless your desperate right now, I would pass on an offer to work for them.
Pros
Friendly customers
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  British Columbia2 February 2018
I just started for this company and they made the process from my previous job easy. Friendly and caring management. Competitive wage and benefits. Calm and organized atmosphere
Pros
Good hours, Competitive wage
Cons
Great Company to work for, fast paced and friendly environment!
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC2 February 2018
Very fast paced and productive environment to work in. Head Office and Managers very friendly, helpful and fair. Work with great people and create relationships with clients that enjoy coming back to us for that simple reason! Family orientated company, you build close relationships with other branch employees from other stores and fun/friendly competition's throughout the company to keep things interesting!
Pros
Fast paced, friendly and helpful co-workers/management.
Cons
Wage increases dependant on Sales increases.
Great hours/Room for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 January 2018
I really enjoyed this job because I felt like there was room to move up in the company and your manager wanted to help you get there. The company is young also so there were lots of positions opening up for District Managers and Trainers etc always. The hours were really good, all of the offices were closed on Sundays and holidays and latest you worked was just after 7pm. There were really busy days but there was usually lots of support and you learned a lot about customer and financial services.
Pros
Hour lunch breaks, chance to move up, good managers
Cons
Can be busy at times
Friendly atmosphere and Great Clients.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC14 November 2017
I loved the people I worked with, They were like a second family and It was always fun even though we were working. You always had things to do and time went quickly. The management worked with your schedule and helped you when you needed extra help. It is repetitive so you learn the tools of your trade quickly like providing outstanding customer services and establish special business relationships with our customer so that they will choose to do business with us rather than our competitors. I answered phones, provided loans for customers, collected payments and helped maintain a safe work environment. The hardest part of the job is having to tell someone they are not qualified for the loan, or calling those customers who are past due and getting them to get in and pay on their loan before it goes into default
Pros
Productive, Busy, and Excellent work schedules
Cons
Shortage of staff, having to working alone and not feeling safe.
Low Staffing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC30 May 2017
Branches are not staffed properly so in the event that a Branch Manager takes a vacation or if somebody were to get sick or injured it would be only 1 person in the office, not allowed to take a lunch break but forced to take it off of your working hours.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Long hours, no vacation time
Venue Financial Centres
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC5 December 2016
An amazing company to work for, if the branch wasn't closing I would stay forever. Manage all aspects of the branch. Head Office and all employees are amazing to work with. Owner very approachable.
Pros
Lots of Support
Cons
When alone cannot take a lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Venue Financial Centres. Our community is ready to answer.

Venue Financial Centres Reviews by Location